To prevent insane rushers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Rocko
If you die in a round all the kills you made in that round are removed...if you survive you get to keep them. :D

Witty comments now please. :D

wouldnt chance that much
i either get through the first hord of ppl or i die there
if i die i wont have any kills anyway
if i do get through i'll not go any farther(like i do now) but turn back and wait for enamys to come through other routes,
as is usauly the lone sniper in/around enamy base that gets me

Streaks

Crunchings and munchings!
Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
hey hey hey, SOME of us actually don't abuse the AK :D The most I EVER squeeze off on it is a 3-5rnd burst, typically I only do dual round bursts and that's all it takes :cool:

Streaks:p

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
Originally posted by Rocko
If you die in a round all the kills you made in that round are removed...if you survive you get to keep them. :D

Witty comments now please. :D

This will encourage such lame camping in places no one would ever look.

btw
I thought people who played realaim didnt care about kills in the first place.

Spetznaz_1

Special-Purpose
May 28, 2001
Glasgow, Scotland
Visit site
Even if you implement one of the measures discussed people will still rush. This is because Rushing is a very efficient tactic. It allows you to get into position ahead of where the enemy expects you to be and allows you to surprise him/her.

Nothing can be done to stop people rushing. If they want to, they will, no matter if they gain any scoreboard rank out of it.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Heres an idea. Just put the names in alphabetical order. If you think a team mate is doing good say "Good job" and pat him on the back (or ass if its a female :D j/k remember sexual harrasment). Clean simple and effective. Your team wins that means everyone is doing good. Period. Fu<b></b>ck individual glorifying.

Streaks

Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
quote...

"(or ass if its a female :D j/k remember sexual harrasment)" - {GD}NTKB

THAT, is funny!!! ; ) sad but true tho :mad: :rolleyes: what happened to the good old days when you could pinch a girl on the bottom and she'd give you a wink *sighs* guess I was born 60yrs too late :D

oh, heh, guess that was typing and not thinking :D

Streaks:p

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Well the 2 to 1 is more for wanting to live, and wanting your teammates to win. If you and your "mad" friends can rush and live, then it's a tactic that works for you. Honestly, rushing can be a good tactic, especially in a lot of CQB maps. The problem usually is though, you die in the process. And I'm so proud you can kill so many while rushing such that a 2 to 1 won't matter. It was just a suggestion, being in the suggestion forum. Chances are the team won't even look. And don't go expecting new game types to steal all the fire from TDM. I hate TDM, but it's pretty dug in right now. Even with new gametypes, there's only going to be so many new maps for those gametypes. Then there's trying to push the community to play the new game types. It's a wait and see for the new gametypes.
Jaymian

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
another lame idea

Anyway, to add to the point system, I was thinking make the winner in TDM be like winning DOM. Set like a 100 point limit, and the first team to 100 points wins. Then you'd set rounds to like 5 min each, and no matter what, the round would end at 5 min, to prevent really long, and what seems to be boring, rounds. I've noticed now with the "team scoring", it seems the team winner always goes to rounds won. Doesn't seem to portray teamwork that well. This way, the team with the most points will win period. Just another idea, see how it flies :B
Jaymian

DallasStarsRule

Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
TDM does suck. I really am looking forward to the objective based missions. Wont have to waste like 3 members trying to kill that last bastard camping in some god forsaken corner.

This is really a problem in leagues when you really really really dont want to die even once...even if it means dragging the round out for and hour and ruining everyone's fun.

With the objective thing its would just be like ok you stay there we'll go get your disc.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Well as far as the score board goes.. just ditch it. There's no such thing in real life. OR if you die, you just get a KIA or tomb stone icon, none of your stats are recorded. "The dead know only one thing: it's better to be alive."- Full Metal Jacket.

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by DEFkon
Well as far as the score board goes.. just ditch it.

then why play @ all
then there will be no objective to accomplish no honer to be gained
generaly there will just be no fun in winning (clanmatch maybe but on not on the publics)

There's no such thing in real life
untill we get a objective based gamemode where doing something gets you score the kill score has to remain for TDM

a unrealistic score system for a unrealistic gametype
no there is no scoreboard IRL but you also dont go into a area without a objective(like you do in TDM)

so save the scoreboard crap for when we have a gamemode where it will actualy work to take away the kills

Streaks

Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
The 'honor' to be gained, is to survive and not frag your team mates in the process. To do good and do well. If you nailed 10 of the other guys, then bully for you. But if all you did was lay down a bunch of supressing fire for your team mates to move, then bully for you again! You accomplished a very important goal that lead to your TEAM'S victory.

Heros aren't the ones who go seeking it, they become heroes because they do what needs to be done in a highly stressful situation. And, most times, it's a postumos(sp) honor.

I say ditch the scorebord if all it's going to do is show frags. At the very least remove the frag count. Simply showing "2 of 4 alive" (etc) for each side is plenty IMO. To me, a frag count leads to personal glory hounds, and not people interested in teamwork. Teamwork shouldn't be about how well an individual did but, rather, how well they played their role in the team IMO.

I still would like the grenade aiming tweaked a bit so you don't frag yourself, did it again just lastnight :mad: :boom:

Streaks/A Hapless Victim

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
then why play @ all?
---------------------------
I can't believe you just said that. Dont you think infiltration is fun? Tell me there is some thrill you get from the game, that's not related to seeing your name in lights. The Fun is playing, and the objective is to have fun, not bragging rights. Are you telling me that in Pacman if you didn't have a score you wouldn't want to play.

If you not having fun playing infiltration, then hell.. I can't see why your here. Just go download "scoreboard 2.87" and live in orgasmic bliss.

DallasStarsRule

Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
Once again we have people who take no compromises. THAT btw is my problem with RA, I support it fully as a mutator.

I care about my score. When I kill 35 people I feel proud. Thus I look at the scoreboard.

If you dont care about your score, THEN JUST DONT PRESS F1!!

I cant understand why people are so damn pretentious that they think their way is the best and wont even take a compromise, where everyone gets what they want. Or is it you just feel embarrased you spent 15 rounds wasting ammo? =)

Sorry I brought up realaim but i tend to do that on these boards. I like the flack I get.

Streaks

Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
Look, I'm not trying to say that your bad if you enjoy that kind of game play (rushing) but, look at it this way. Your large kill number may make you feel good and all and I will always praise _anyone_ for making GOOD shots (as opposed to spraying as they run a corner and taking me, and their two team mates out) but where is the SKILL involved with that? Rushing is fine, for certain things, when you need to rush in on someone while they are reloading or on the move. But to sit and gloat about a high kill count when all you did was to run around like a chicken with it's head off, spraying rounds at anything that moved, seems silly to me. You might as well go play Quake3 IMO.

You guys claim you get harped on for rushing. But when people who get rushed complain, we're the hippocrits(sp)?? When all we want to do is enjoy the game as well. Has it neve occured to anyone that by 'enjoying' your game by rushing, you are ruining a lot of people's enjoyment of the game. No, we can't go play another mod/game as none of the others (that I know of anyway) support a super stealthy approach, or even lend themselves to realistic teamwork (mods guys, not the full games like OFP or GR). So, give us a break. You guys can always go play something else too ya know. All we want to do is enjoy OUR game as well.

The only way I can see around the whole, stoopid rushing issue in general is to nuke the sprint function which, would be unrealistic IMO but, it's the only easy way I can think to do it.

I want everyone to have fun. But that includes BOTH sides of this dumb subject. Those who like to play slow, paced games of stealth and ambush, and those who like to play shocktroopers.

Flame me if you like, but I still say that to claim anti-rushers are killing your fun in the game is silly when rushing, by it's nature, is killing the game for others.

Streaks:mad: :boom:

G-Fresh

Red
Aug 6, 2001
Western Mancunia
Well, I always thought INF was a team game, but obviously I'm wrong. Yeah, now that I think of it, INF sucks if I don't get all the frags. Where is the fun if your name isn't on top of the scoreboard in great big letters so everyone knows how 1337 you are?

:rolleyes:

Countess, Dallas, what people like you fail to understand is by eliminating personal scoring there is no drive to succeed on your own, as you don't receive any recognition for it. It promotes teamplay. Or are we not supposed to play for that now, like we're not supposed to play for realism?

Feb 26, 2001
England
Noise - The best way to prevent rushers. It even works in CS (Kinda). If you sound like an elephant carrying a sackfull of pots and pans around with you, you won't see nearly as many rushers.

(I know everyone here has a hate for CS, but hey, its my best example). In CS you can tell where a player is comming from because of the noise they make when they run. In infiltration, you make less noise when running as you travel a lot further between the SFX produced.