To prevent insane rushers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

l.robert

Dec 4, 2001
near Paris, france
Visit site
churchill said "curent scoreboard is bad but nobody found somthing better" :D
andf i find it good. but in team DM it should stay like this, becoz we play to KILL !
in the others "objectives modes of play" the score should only be a teamscore (if the objective are made = 1 point ) . Voila .

And to prevent rushers , JUST KILL THEM , personaly (im french and my english is not very well) i like to rush, its a tactic .
Exemple , an enmy is going to throw you a nade , you guess it , then you rush and kill him when he can't fire : well its not a bug , its WELL DONE .
so don't considere (right word ? ) rusher as devil .

G-Fresh

Red
Aug 6, 2001
Western Mancunia
Originally posted by FiringAimlessly
I agree with Yurch... EXCEPT for Fur's miscellaneous-crap-without-any-real-ranking-order suggestion. That and that alone shows promise.

But I want (confirmed) kills among those stats.

The whole idea is to take away kills. If you still counted them, only your name didn't go to the top of the screen, nothing will have changed. People would still go for as many kills as they could get. The idea is to remove a scoring system that seperates you from the rest of your team, because as long as it's there, teamwork won't happen very often

Streaks

Crunchings and munchings!
Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
:con: Holding your weapon up to SPRINT/RUN is perfectly realistic _thank_ you. :cool:

And Robert, the rushing most people are complaining about is when a person does nothing but run or sprint the entire game, with a lot of ammo and they basically don't let up off the trigger unless it's to reload. It's also known as "spray and pray" I.E. they are not playing like a combat trained soldier. Your example is more like what a lot of people want to see the sprinting used for, a dash of speed to get into or out of a situation or, in yourcase, 'disarm' one ;)

Streaks/A Hapless Victim :boom:

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Holding your weapon up to SPRINT/RUN is perfectly realistic _thank_ you.
- Forgot about this when I last posted on this thread, I'll add it to the list of exceptions ^^;; ... the latest version of TrueCombat does this and it works very well, although the run/walk/aim interface is rather different from INF's (you automatically go into walk with your weapon aimed, you have a key you can hold that ONLY alternates between run and walk, not sprint, you can run by default, etc.)

Prowler

"Building Better Worlds"
Jul 6, 2000
Canada
Please excuse me...

*runs outside*

*bursts of uncontrollable laughter*

*comes back*

ok, most realistic? LOL what ever!

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
How about...?

I was thinking about scoring, and I agree with Rocko with rushers wanting the high score buzz. When I see rushers, I see suicide bombers, rushing in to kill a lot, knowing they will die too. With INF, they don't get penalized, because soon, they'd be at it again. How about doubling points for those who survive. So if a rusher suicide rushes 3 people, kills them, then dies a well deserved death, he gets 3 kills/point2 which go towards the teams total points. Another guy kills 2 and the round ends with him surviving. He would then be awarded double points, 4, which would go towards his team's total. And maybe even add like a medal for surviving a round without dying. This would promote teamwork, because every teammate alive with kills gets double the points. At the end of a round, have kills, deaths, accuracy and all that be stats, and allow all to see, not just your team. Also, to prevent rushers, would be maps like EP and vietnam. People hate those because rounds keep repeating due to lack of an entire teams death. I think if a team was declared a winner each round, those maps wouldn't be so bad, and would be more likely to show up on servers. So if one team has two survivers at the end of the clock, versus the other teams one survivor, the team with the most would win. If its one on one, whoever has better stats or something. Just declare a winner, and end the damn round already. I've been suiciding, just to end rounds.
Jaymian

FiringAimlessly

Sep 18, 2001
About the rusher/suicide thing...

With the current sprinting speed, limits on visibility due to graphical errors and monitor resolution and the lag you get on most servers, rushing is often one of the best ways to survive... unless they're EXCELLENT shots or are camping in one of the "easier" dead-ends with much cover and narrow killzones (or have a shotgun and manage a couple pellets in the target's head every time :mad: ), people who move slowly will get wasted.

Make the netcode more efficient, kill the packetlosses, get rid of the inter-poly and z-axial glitches, make the shooting interface a little more intuitive and wait until everyone can get a 21" monitor running at 1365x1024 and better and rushing will be gone. :D

FiringAimlessly

Sep 18, 2001
You mean like a reset to zero (only if your score's positive) every time you die?

Ugh. I went over this thread again and realized I posted the same point twice without knowing it. :hmm:

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
As someone who would be classified as a rusher....the original idea wont work.

Any above average rusher can get a 2 to 1 ratio, and a good one can get 4 to 1 easily. If its on a m16 map like norwich I've gotten a 37 to 5 ratio. <-----gloating =)

Hatter and I jumped on afa2 today on siberia and rushing tactics still work great on maps like that.

Only solution to your rusher problem is smarter reactions on your part. I mean cmon you do kinda have the advantage...just duck behind a box and wait.

You can never eliminate camping or rushing, no matter the map.

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
over half the the suggestion here remind me of things that have been sayed (by the team mostly) about 2.87

the no aiming sprint (only posible with pistol)
the toggle key that goes to walk/run and a seperate key for sprint
harder aiming running
aiming will be harder with less stamina (specialy with scopes)

and any scoreboard suggestion is pretty useless as we'll probably be playing the new CTF type mission mostly
so if you dont like the scoreboard dont play TDM, DUH!

as for me, contrary to popular beliefe, non of the suggestions will effect me that much

i dont want to sprint i just wana be as fast as everybody else (for both timing reason and so that the sprinter cant run circles around me)
if i have to move to dodge bullets i feel i have allready lost
i dont like to shot ppl on the move but with all the p90/ak sh*t i got no choice
and i dont run/sprint with the scope up that much

i can only hope that sniping will be harder in 2.87
the fackt that the "steadying" is not reset after moving makes robar sniping so eazy its laughable

Last edited by a moderator: