This Forum is a problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I have noticed over time that modders are being blamed for certain things and now its becoming our turn and I just could not figure it out.
After reading and checking several posts I figured it out.

THIS FORUM ADDS SPACES

This is totally unacceptable and if the ADMIN do not fix this as a VERY VERY URGENT MATTER we have no choice but to get out of here before UT2Vote turns into a total disater.

Any long line, and there are many in Mods especially commandline, this forum adds spaces, regardless whether normal quoted or coded then when the user copies and pastes the suggested line into his ini file - DISASTER from that day on.

ADMIN PLEASE HELP - THIS IS A CRISIS

Other modders on this forum need to be notified about this as they are getting screwed by the users for something thats not their fault.

Also this "Last edited by ProAsm : Today at etc etc" should not exist for at least one hour after a person makes a post.
Authors should be allowed to edit their posts at least for the first hour or this needs to be done away with altogether.

Last edited:

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
While I can't explain spaces, I think the edited by caption is added whenever there has been a view of the post between the original post and the edit. It's to alert the reader that the post was edited.

Testing: Found spaces between "Translocator=False" and "WeaponStay=True" in each test. Nuts.

GameType=(GameName="DeathBall Reg 2.0Full",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=6,ServerName="BuD2k4 DeathBall 2.0 - UT2Vote",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DB-OrientBeta",MapPrefix="DB",GameClass="deathball.DB_DeathBall",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=10?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=0?MaxPlayers=12?MaxSpectators=6?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NumBots=0?Difficulty=5")

Code:
GameType=(GameName="DeathBall Reg 2.0Full",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=6,ServerName="BuD2k4 DeathBall 2.0 - UT2Vote",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DB-OrientBeta",MapPrefix="DB",GameClass="deathball.DB_DeathBall",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=10?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=0?MaxPlayers=12?MaxSpectators=6?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NumBots=0?Difficulty=5")

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
It actually adds 2 spaces and not 1 in each case.
It has also split you GamePassword by putting 2 spaces after GamePass word :(

It would seem it adds 2 spaces after the first 363 characters then adds 2 spaces exactly every 100 characters thereafter.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I think bringing the public here was a mistake - nice to have them here but a mistake.
Socke and shov3l please check your forums if they do this.
I checked ours here at UnrealZA and its ok but it does not cater for "code" which is a great pity.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Don't Panic!

D'oh...

Oddly enough, INA/Atari and Unrealadmin.org are using vbulletin too. Therefore, I'm sure it's something that can be fixed.. be it a forum configuration variable, maybe a database field size?

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yes I'm sure it can be fixed but from past experience if you dont panic and ring all the bells, nobody does anything about it.
This is something that should have been picked up long long time ago.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
These guys are on top of things, just give them a chance to sort it out. And yeah, that is a little something that should have been spotted by now, unless we're one of the few groups posting critical data and we're actually the first to expose the flaw..? Also, it was just a few months ago when these forums were upgraded to this version of VBulletin. Could be all the gremlins haven't been shaken out yet..

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
What I also noticed it that the loading times are very very long in different times.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Well I'm pleased to see I'm not the only one with that problem as I thought it might be my connection although I have a pretty good connection.
The previous forum was like lightning compared to this one which as you say sometimes reaches the point of my Gateway timing out on me and I need to refresh.

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
ProAsm said:
Well I'm pleased to see I'm not the only one with that problem as I thought it might be my connection although I have a pretty good connection.
The previous forum was like lightning compared to this one which as you say sometimes reaches the point of my Gateway timing out on me and I need to refresh.

im sorry i didnt see this sooner if your still having problems i still have an unused forum if you want it try this link soo how it is for you http://www.shov3l.trucalgaming.com/forum/