There's going to be another September 11 in about 10 years or so.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It's just a competition in the humanity's world. The Freedom tower in NYC will be taller than the sears tower, and probably reach the new record.

Until another taller-shinny tower is being build somewhere else on the planet and ETC. Get the tourrist alive and lot of money rolling.

EDIT: i personaly like architecture, and skyscrapers, but building this tower on the same site as the WTC is a very bad deal, they would be better with a museum with all the people's name who died the 11 september 2001, all the memories and best pictures that they could gather of the WTC. And so on.

But another tower, if the same thing is happening again, heh. They will probably get some sort of easy-evacuation elevators if something happens. I must admit that once they finished cleaning up the whole site, i never expected that they would keep up with another tower.

There must be some people going crazy in NYC watching this in the news paper or at the TV, enough to leave the town they were born in.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I started my post before seing yours :)

It looked like if i was replying to yours though.

Hey, anyone seen the movie United93? It was great imo.

Last edited:

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
The name blows, but the building looks ok. It'll stand out for a while, people will either come to love it or hate it, and then in 20 years time no-one will pay it much attention, it'll just be part of the skyline.

Most buildings that try to do something remotely different stuck out like sore thumbs at some point, i guess. Most of these revolutionary buildings probably don't make you bat an eyelid today.
The world turns, yada yada yada.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
NeoNite said:
It's absurd. Why does it have to be so tall... why another tower.

New Yorkers think they have the biggest c*cks in the world but really don't and have to overcompensate.:eek: Did I say that? Um....i mean.....uuuuh.;)

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Monster w/ 21 Faces said:
FREEDOM DAY!

Freedom freedom freedom oi!

Freedome freedom freedom oi!
Just out of curiosity: Am I the only one who read that as "freedom oil" at first?

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
The design of the new tower is very cool, but damn it looks out of place on that spot, doesn't fit New York.

Danmark...lol owned... :D

Last edited:

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Why another skyscraper? Two reasons:
1. NYC real estate is at a premium. They need office space, and the rest of the city is already full. Why "waste" available land by building a museum?
2. It's a big "F*ck You!" to all the terrorists and other America haters out there. It's just not as obvious a "F*uck You!" as the pic MrSmiles posted.

I think the new design is a huge improvement over the original boxy buildings it replaces. Still don't like big cities or skyscrapers, though.