The Turbo B U G

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
That's my whole point. The one with the fewer mistakes should be the one who wins.
Ya ... but then after a few mistakes you might as well just leave the server because there would be no way you would win...
Again, maybe because I used to race cars back when I was young and stupid, I think that's a bad thing. I would prefer if the driver who exits the turn ahead is the driver who chose the better line and was able to control the car better during the turn. The whole concept of "sliding carelessly into a corner, then hitting a button to get you to go straight and faster" just seems wrong, and doesn't benefit the more precise drivers. Besides, in a real car throwing a huge boost while sliding around a corner is a sure way of crashing.
Well this is hardly a real racing type game (which makes it fun). When I want a more real style of play I will play NFS... what is nice about unwheel is it feels more like a game and allows you to do things that normally would total your car ;) I think the damage feature on the next version will keep people from winning though that bounce around like a pinball (which can be annoying) ;)

craze

Jan 27, 2005
keeping along with the bugs, Shrimp are you ever going to tesst out that beta code i linked you to? I've already explaind why I cant compile, you just seem to never answer my PMs/Posts, or you answer it with a question, which ive already answerd(someware) so, Shrimp, are you going to try my beta code???
EDIT: ROFL double post

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
I dont think id trust any code craze wrote .... there is probably some backdoor that lets him race through a wall or something.... lol

craze

Jan 27, 2005
aww c'mon, racing thruogh walls takes the fun outta finding holes!
seirously i would lkike my beta code tested(it seemed that shrimp was unaware of my(everyones) bug)

craze

Jan 27, 2005
c'mon guys youve had enough fun at my expence to hold ya for a few days...

Malibu Barbie

Action Figure
Jan 21, 2005
unwheel.beyondunreal.com
craze said:
c'mon guys youve had enough fun at my expence to hold ya for a few days...
Oh, we haven't even started!

I wonder what a craze add-on for unwheel would be like. Something like:

Random large vehicles appearing around the map, crashing into you, then apologizing profoundly for several minutes for accidentally making you crash.

Bots joining then leaving the game avery few minutes, causing others to freeze every time they do so.

Cars that come out of nowhere and crash into you for no reason whatsoever

Cars that come out of nowhere and push you into a corner, then pin you in place leaving you no other choice but to reset in order to keep playing

Holes! Holes! Everywhere, holes!

Flags that hide themselves into impossible to get places

1/2 way through the race, the map changes

Lots of random stupidity on the text window, non stop

Anyone can think of others?

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Malibu Barbie said:

Random large vehicles appearing around the map, crashing into you, then apologizing profoundly for several minutes for accidentally making you crash.

Bots joining then leaving the game avery few minutes, causing others to freeze every time they do so.

Cars that come out of nowhere and push you into a corner, then pin you in place leaving you no other choice but to reset in order to keep playing

lol, most of that's already there. No offence shrimp ;)

craze

Jan 27, 2005
oh you just ______ing suck!
ok, shrimp, back in the Demolition thread i posted osme txt files containing the revised script for 3 classes, it appears you never saw the link so her it is again(now on my website): http://www.craze42.com/script/

thaose are my scripts, there should fix the bug where everyone elses car is the same color as the one you have selected(if my semi suv is purple, even if im not using it, everyone elses semi suv is purple) and this should remove that problem(i hope)

craze

Jan 27, 2005
ok, i just wanna check with you on something, in the UWSCar class, making this change(i have everything i need to do it) WONT breeak the Net Compatability?:

skins[0] = SkinToUseD;//and this is the part that applys the skin

/* Skins[0] = Default.Skins[0];
Skins[default.SkinOffset] = Material(DynamicLoadObject(Default.VehicleSkins[ServerCurrentSkin].SkinName, class'Material'));
if (DesiredSkin != None)
Skins[default.SkinOffset] = DesiredSkin;
*/

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Malibu Barbie said:

LOL!! :lol: You forgot maps that twist around but dont have arrows to tell you where to go ;) (lol .... when you gonna fix that craze?)

Malibu Barbie

Action Figure
Jan 21, 2005
unwheel.beyondunreal.com
$n][pErMan said:
LOL!! :lol: You forgot maps that twist around but dont have arrows to tell you where to go ;)
Oh yeah, I forgot that one. 3-D spiderweb maps with no arrows and a hidden shortcut/hole that lets you go directly from start to finish in 2 seconds bypassing the entire map, sorta like a wormhole.

I also forgot the automatic repetitive curse generator.

craze

Jan 27, 2005
$n][pErMan said:
LOL!! :lol: You forgot maps that twist around but dont have arrows to tell you where to go ;) (lol .... when you gonna fix that craze?)
already fixed that, ive been wanting to do an online beta test with you for sometime.....

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
wow, this went from a turbo bug post to a bash craze session. i mean i would like the color thing looked at as well. it would help in rabbit if cars are diff. colors, instead of trying to decifer which one of all the purple SUV's has the flag. thanks shrimp for fixing turbo bug :)

Fraggee_Rok

Yeeeehuh?
To claw our way back into the realms of turbo, are there any plans on implementing turbo-support in bots?
Yeah, yeah... Multi-car pile-ups due to lack of roadnodes are one thing, and adding turbo to the mix would make things worse... but I'm starting to feel sorry for p-owning them on the handful of maps where they drive properly!

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
Shrimp said:
The bug, she is fixed ;).
I hope you kept the higher attainable speeds with the fix. i just ran a non-turbo test run down trainrace rally track and my speed bar was a few lines beyond the end of the bar :D it rocked..... please keep it high :)
man why didnt i notice this earlier..... guess im a nitro junky :D