The Starship Eternaty : The Next Mission

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Tactical Officer Log
Stardate... erm... oh dear...

I have woken up on a strange world.. It smells of cats urine.. I dont know where I am... The last thing I can remember is being aboard the Walkabout and seeing space rip itself open.. I think I must have been sucked throught the rift... I can... I see a lot of buildings.. Kinda grotty looking... Some of them have flashing words on them, but I do not understand the dialect.. When... um.. if I get back to the Eternaty I will have to try and trace some of these strange words...

McDonalds... what the hell is that.... and are they hostile....

Someones coming.. I must hide...

CaSCaDe

gaem freak in 3 dimensions
Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
Admiral CaSCaDe's Log stardate: 4-12-'99 20:30:15

as i wander tru this strange and barbarian world i find myself standing in frond of a large building. i can help the feeling i knows this place. Oh well it will probably be my over acting imagination.

as i walk away from the building i notice a person. i have seen this person to some where.
wait a minute thats one of the new officers fromthe eternaty!
have they found a way to help me bac to the future so fast?
GOD I LOVE THOSE GUYS! (not in THAT way) as i run towards ......... urhm. i cant remember his name (hes new, but i will get to know him) well, as i run towards him he turns to me and i see a sad face.... a very sad face...... i walkslowly towards him and ask whats wrong. but all he can say is some giberish. he is just producoing randome words, i dont even know if he understands what i'm saying.
i laid my arm around his sholder and escoreted him towards where i have put up my ""home adress". all i can do is wait for rescue. or wait..... there is some thing i can do.
i covered deepershade (i remembered his name) with some thin newspapers, god this is primative! news on printed on cheap paper.
when i get back i think i'll apreciate the news on those kewl pads more and more.
but as i was saying, i think there is a way i can make some sort of temporal homing beaken so that my crew.. urhm, my EX-crew. can find me even here in the 20th century.
after i came up with the plan i went to a store to get some parts i need. but when i wanted to check out the store keeper asked for MONEY!!! MONEY!!!!!??????? wtf is wrong with these people! money is the couse of every WAR ever to take place on this misarable old planet!!!!!!!..... urhm sorry for that outburst again (i can get a bit agressive when i get to exiteted, must be cuse of some of the lorg implants they couldnt remove. wait a minute! i still ogt those! and the people here have never even seen a android! butthey are not afaid? how is that possible?)as you can probably under stand, i didnt have ne money. a problem i haveto work on. as i walk out of the stare i saw some creature.. it was horendess!!!!!!!!!!!!! it had cloros all over his body (wich i l8r found out where ""tattoos") and ring tru almost every body part he had!(those are "piercings"(dunno if that is the proper english word) i found out) SO THAT IS WHY PEOPLE ARE NOT AFREAD OF ME! there are worse thing people can do to there body in this time than some stupid implants.
alright, now i gotta find some money.

-.. Admiral CaSCaDe out.

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
A Hack Attempt :)

Firestorm's Log - Stardate 0181 811 8181

I am the Captain of the USS Mentallaty! I finally managed to break your computers security and add an entry to the log file. Our ZX81s practically do the work for us these days :)

Anyway, I'd just like to say youve been sending us a lot of subspace messages, and it is starting to screw with our weapons systems slightly. If you want to continue to keep in contact with us, then keep it over a radio communication channel (our plastic hull can only withstand so much).

Thanks
Firestorm, Captain of the USS Mentallaty

PS. Our log file signature is http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~soundoff/utmforums/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi :)

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Captain's log Stardate 214555.15

We are missing another crewmember. Tactical Officer DeeperShade went on aboard of a shuttle, and set course back to the planet. Why he did that is beyond my comprehension. However we lost contact to him and the shuttle was adrift in space. We salvaged it but found no sign of DeeperShade in it. To our surprise we detected a temporal signature on the pilot chair.
As I'm no expert in temporal mechanics and subsapce phyisics I handed the data to Science Officer Kilham. Maybe DeeperShade was send into the same time frame as the Admiral. If so our chances to rescue both are higher.
I still havn't received a report from Engineering. What the hell are they doing down there?

Supplemental I
Security found a person on deck 12. It turned out that he is called Wild2 and was a member of the cleaning and engineering crew in the Utopia Planitia yards. Obviosly he was forgotten. I wlecomed him on board and suggested some positions he might take: Counselor, cook, Communications Officer, Helmsman/Navigator
He said he will think about it

Supplemental II
The Eternaty received asubspace transmision from this plastic ship. It is called USS Mentalaty and commanded by a Capt. Firestorm. He claimed that we spam their log data base. I have no clue what he talk about, so I checked Starfleet data, and found no records of a ship of that name. Maybe they are alien impositors, training to masquerade as Starfleet officers. This is very threatening. Therefor I sent my results to headquaters, and wait for further instruction.
I quick insight into their logs show that they are a bunch of crazy fewlz.

Supplemental III
Security reported that they hunt the pokemons down to deck 8. But this morning I saw a Bulbasaurus running past my quaters. I took my phaser rifle to fry it but only hit the computer console. Oops. I hope the Federation doesn't want me to pay for that. I set it on RizMan's to-do list.

IVth and last Supplemental
As always I noticed a lack of female crewmembers

WiLD2

W4NG
Starlog: 237399.696

I don't remember much since my last starlog, except for a strange leafy animal that attacked me. That was the last thing I remember, I blacked out. Then I wake up to find myself on Deck 12, a security officer offering me his support, I can hardly walk. I find that my legs are weak and very itchy. What the hell did that strange animal do to me?
The security officer takes me to Capt 8-4-7-2. I tell him as much as I can remember, where I'm from and what position I was on the ship. He takes pity for me as I was a cleanliness management engineer, the lowest step on the federation ladder. He quickly promotes me to cook. I can't wait to get started replicating food for the entire crew.

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
Science officer's log Stardare 439285.2/3

I have analyzed the data given to me by Captain 8-4-7-2, and the two temporal signatures show considerable similarity.
From this I expect to find both missing crew members on at least the same planet.
I have also studied some of the information brought back from m0tard VI and have managed to piece together some of the history of that strange world.
It appears the star m0tard is reaching the end of its life and will soon become very unstable,
destroying all of it's planets. The disc thrown at Admiral Cascade was originally developed to allow the
highly advanced people to escape destruction in their past, but a few idiots did not want to leave.
They created the all-consuming game of 'facing worlds' and adapted the disc to work as a spatial transporter.

The only way to discover the exact location of Admiral Cascade & co. is to use one of these discs to duplicate
the accident. We must return to m0tard VI. and find one.

It also seems somebody forgot about the lambda flyer, a long range scan (LRS) shows their chief llama has adapted it for use as a personal 1v1
battle arena. We'll have to recover that as well.

Supple-mental

We have received a hostile message from the plastic starship. It seems that a replicator was slightly damaged on my visit there,
and has deposited 2,000 tonnes of a porcine meat product on their bridge. I have tried to apologise as requested but their radio antenna is also plastic.
We have nothing to fear from them though, as I have developed nanobots capable of stripping a plastic hull in minutes.
I may risk another visit by subspace projection.

Where is Engineering? I will need their help to build a full temporal transporter when we recover a sample disc.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
First Officer's Log, Stardate : 23533572

I have been informed that one of the pokemon has been identified as vortex! apparently, Beerbaron says it smells like him, so I'm going down there to run some further tests.
We must also arange to re-capture our ship, the lambda flyer, as the m0tards have it. I think that I'm going to go undercover, and challenge the leader to a game of Deathmatch, with the Lambda as the prize. I'm quite sure I can win
I just need to get the Captain's permission

[Edited by D-Stroya on January 14th, 2001 at 04:06 PM]

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
OK, we're finally getting there now. Tests have been carried out on most of the other 'mon and I think the crew may finally find me soon. The scientists have been feeding the pokemon all sorts of foods which, for the most part, makes them explode although just a few minutes ago a pikachu's brain (yes, they do have them) popped out it's head and splat onto the floor. I hope they can get me back to normal soon. It's getting rather hard to move in here and I feel like I ought to be doing something. I've heard rumours about some crewmembers disappearing off the ship although I don't exactly get told much about anything in here. Anyway, I'm getting hungry again. Maybe if I hit myself off the wall a few more times I'll get more pizza.

Or then again maybe another one of those stupid tranquiliser injections.

<thump>

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Captain's log Stardate 25568.666

I have a difficult mission for an away team consisting D-Stroya, Kilham, and RizMan.
Kilham's research showed that Admiral Cascade and Lt. DeeperShade are most likely in the same time and place: late 20th century Earth. (I hope they can survive in that primitive time). He found out that the m0tards use a special kind of transporter device - I will call it translocator or x-loc for short (I'm so lazy). This x-loc can cause a rip in the fabric of time.
To find out the right time we need to get such a x-loc disk.
This will be part one of their mission.
The second part will be to recover the Llamda Flyer, which we left back and is no occupied by a m0tard.
I ordered them to gather in transporter room 8 as soon as possible.

Supplemental
As I walked through the corridors on deck 12 I noticed a strange distortion in the air. I looked closer and believed to see Commander Vortex. But this can't be - he is dead! This must be the result of the few sleep I get. However other crewmembers also reported such phenomenons. There are even rumours of a "haunting of deck 12". We must investigate that later

Ensign Wild2 accepted that post as ship's cook. He immediatley walked of to the mess hall. For now he said, he will assist to replicate pizza. Later I will go to him and boldly test his skills to make a coffee.
I only hope he can also cook without a replicator!

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
Chief Engineer Lt.Commander RizMan's Log, stardate 454797.5

The lag of logs from me during the last few hours is due to an assignement 8-4-7-2 gave me. I am to investigate the phenomenon which made disappear DeeperShade and Cascade and to find a solution on how to bring them back.
I worked together with our new Science Officer Kilham. He discovered that they were send back in time by the m0tards using a Time Control Device (TCD :) ) 8-4-7-2 calls x-loc. They cause a temporal anomaly, creating a rift in the Spacetime continuum thus allowing the m0tards to travel in back in time. Therefore the captain send us back to the surface to get one of these devices and to get back the lambda flyer. This is going to be some hard work. We gotta take care that the m0tards don't send us into the past.

Anyway, I'm also working on a plan on how to travel in time.
It seems that due to the excessive use of the x-loc during the last decades, a temporal anomaly has been created on the surface of the planet. It travels on an orbit around it, but sometimes passes into the atmosphere of the planet. I think that when Admiral Cascade was hit by the x-loc, the anomaly was just over him, thus sending him into the past.
Now, we need to calculate the exact orbit of the rift and send a comm message into it. Maybe we can contact Cas. That will be the easiest part of the plan. The hard oone will be to get him back. Fortunately, during the academy, I visited Prof. Knörrer's Lecture: "About the relationship between Space and Time travel" This will come in very handy.
First, we gotta locate the exact timezone Cascade is in. Then, we gotta get him back. Therefore, we need to polarize some chronoton particles and accelarte them in a very powerful Electrowarpic field until they reach a time frequency of sqrt((c^2*e^t)/t), where "t" is the time in milliseconds between the exact timelocation of Cas and us. This is gonna be very hard, because "t" will change permanently.
When the frequency is reached, we will hopefully be able to send them through into the rift and thus stabilizing the rift to the timeloaction Cas is held prisoner. Then, we need to send an away team through the rift, equipped with Chronoton Particles with the exact opposite frequency as the ones above to be able to get back to the rift and then be send back to our time.
Now I hope that this is going to work, but I trust in our crew.

Now, I gotta report to shuttlebay

End Log

CaSCaDe

Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
Admiral CaSCaDe's log startdate: 31-12-'99 11:59 PM

i have been here for almost a month now and i have found a way to make some money. i have used a bit of my knowledge of the future and have been able to become a engenire for a company that is known here as "microsoft". i have worked there for a few weeks now and all i can say is that this company is one of the worst that exists on this planet! i am glad i know that it will be taken over by a new company that is going to make the soft ware for the pads we use in the 23th century. i have been put to work on some program called "windows" and all i can say it is so buggy even i will not be able to make it work perfectly but with some of my knowlage it will be a better and more stable program than the last version. i am going to call it "windows me".
dont ask me why, but i felt a terrible urge to add the word ME to it, cuse the most work is done by ME! after i told this to my chief he was almost flipping his brains out!v he loved it! he said to me: "CaSCaDe, your going to be big in this buisiness! its briliant! windows me! who would have though about it it to call the next version of our monopoly program after the bigges thing in this time! REALY! windows millenium edition! just brilliant!", after had gone on and on about it he walk away chuckeling i would realy make it far in this branch, i have no idea what made him sao happy, but he i aint the one to judge bill gates am i? still i keep wandering i have heared that name some where before, oh well it must sound like the name of some of my friends.
i finaly have some money now to "BUY" the parts i need for my temporal beacon! i rushed to the store but when i got there it was closed. it had a sign on the door that said closed till after the millenium celibration. DAMN! now i will have to wait even longer in this god forsaken place!
oh well since it is the end of this millenium i think i will join the party and have some beer! god i love this drink! real alcohol! it's much better that then sinthahol we use for our strong drinks. i must remember to take some with me wheen i leave this place. IF i leave this place [sigh]

-.. Admiral CaSCaDe out.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
First Officer's Log, Stardate : 23327372.6

I have just been informed by Captain 8-4-7-2 that i will be leading an away team to recover the Lambda flyer, and obtain one of the devices used by the m0tards, known as an X-Loc. It's a dangerous mission, but I think we can pull it off. If all goes well, we should then be able to communicate with Admiral Cascade.
I've decided to do a DNA test on the pokemon that Beerbaron suspected was Vortex, and the DNA matches! we must now find a way to transfer him to another form. I have suggested to the Captain that we develop an android body, and find a way of transferring Vortex into it. This should work, as the hardest part to an android is usually the mind, but if we use Vortex's mind anyway, that shouldn't be a problem.

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
Science officer's log Stardare 3.162277

I have formulated a plan to recover one of the x-loc discs. I have fitted a modified transporter and a holographic projector to the shuttle.
We will need to land as close as possible to one of the towers, as I am not certain about the operating range of these discs.
I will project a hologram of myself next to one of the towers, which the m0tards will snipe of course.
When they cannot kill me one of them should come to investigate, and if he throws the disc into the hologram it
will be transported to a secure room on the shuttle. The m0tard will at the same time attempt to x-loc and
should materialise in the room on board, where we can disarm him and recover the disc and controller.

I am submitting this plan for the Captain's approval and for comments on our possible success.

The work done by RizMan is very interesting, the disc is unlike our transportes in that it uses an interdimensional doorway, and an
energy imbalance between dimensions is caused every time it is used. On it's own it's small but after millions of uses in one place it
has created a semi-permanent random opening.

Another thing that puzzles me is the purpose of the red and blue flags inside the towers.
The m0tards never seem to use them for anything, could they be just for decoration?

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Captain's log Stardate 12345.67

RizMan and Kilham developed a plan to capture an x-loc disk and open a wormhole into the Admiral's time . I can honestly say that I didn't understand a single word of it. Maybe I should have paid more attention in the physics lesson on Starfleet Acedamy than dating gorgeous female cadets. But hey, what do I have my crew for. It sounded cool so it might as well work.
The only advice I gave them was to not keep the m0tard too long in the shuttle. We must by any means prevent unnesseccary contacts with them.
So I gave the final signal to get the mission into action, and the away team consisting of D-Stroya, RizMan and DeeperShade left with a shuttle a few minutes ago.

Supplemental
Kilham also found out that Commander Vortex was reincarnated in one of the pokemon. That had a strange side effect and he can move like a ghost. So the "haunting of deck 12" is true!
He suggested to build an android/robotic body. I immediatley took responibilty for that task. Finally my years of experience building BattleBots at the Acedemy might pay of. I won the first place in the Annual Starfleet BattleBot Championship five times in a row. I have some nice ideas to equip his new body.
So I ordered Security to capture but not hurt Vortex.

In my free time I visited messhall where Wild2 is happily serving meals to the crew. In my boldness I tried a cup of coffee and was surprised. It tasted really good. But later Wild2 toild me it was replicated! Tho it is still a good work, it wasn't really real. We must soon find a planet to get real coffee. This will be our next mission

-out-

CaSCaDe

Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
Admiral CaSCaDe's log stardate: 12-01-2000 14:30

i have finaly been able to get the all the parts i need, i worked on the temporal beacon for 2 weeks now and its almost finnished. i have been trieng to revive Deepershade as he passed out after i lied him down under this damn newspapers, so far i have been unsuccessfull, i hope he will make it.
i am now laying the last hand on the beacon, only this small processor made by and other big company of this time called "intel" although its only a 800 hrz (wich is so fecking slow compared to our normal proccessors wich run @ atleas 400 Terra Hz) it is good enough to make this thing work, i only hope it stays long enough for the eternaty to find us cuse i think it will burn out after about 30 mins after ignition.
while i am making this log i inserted the processor and am now ready to pull the switch and make it work, i will make a automated message with the time location and temporal field frequantie that is needed to get me outa here!

start message recording:"CaSCaDe to eternaty, i have been able to create a temporal beacon, incolsed are the time frame, location and the temporal field frequentie, hope to see you soon! GET ME OF THIS FREAKING PLACE!!!!!!"
<computervoice> time frame = januari 2000, Location = silicon vally, temporal field frequentie = 3.142362
</computervoice>

i hope that they have come up with a plan to get me back, what am i saing! i ope then WANTED to make aplan to get me back.

oops, left the recorder fution on :/

</end recording>

hope they wount take that personal :)

-.. Admiral CaSCaDe out

Merlin|BuF

Magically Delicious
Nov 3, 2000
Edmonton Alberta CANADA!
Visit site
Doc's log
Stardate:You know you have to put a stardate in this field bah I didn't even know that

The away team has left for planet m0tard VI which leaves me with captain 8-4-7-2 who is religiously working on his android body for Vortex. Wild2 is here and is replicating food like nobody's buisness and beerbaron who continually tries to capture vortexs pokemon form I'm bored sh*tless. of course I haven't tended to anyone's injuries due to the fact that no one has had any yet, even with an away team going down to that awful place planet m0tard.

in another matter that stupid cat I kicked out of the sickbay on my first day as the doc keeps stealing pokemon from thier cages and bringing them to me expecting a reward for hunting them down.

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
Chief Engineer Lt.Commander RizMan's Log, stardate 46458.6

Kilham, D-Stroya and me are on our way to the new mission the captain assigned us too. I considered Kilham's plan on how to recover one of these x-loc devices, and I'm rather sure that this should work. I will fly the shuttle as near as possible to one of the towers. I just need to keep enough distance and take care from these weapons they call 'deemers.

However, we still need a plan on how to recover the lambda flyer. I thought that we could, after having gathered one of these x-loc devices, land on the planets surface and search for it. The scanners are still capturing the positioning signal of the lambda Flyer, so that shouldn't be a problem. The hard part will be to get it out of the hands of this fewl who stole it. But as I know the crew, we will manage that problem too. But this is just to come.

End Log

WiLD2

W4NG
Starlog: 237400.696

As the ships new cook, it is my duty to create food for them to eat. I am mocked because all I have done, so far, is replicate food, but little do they know how much fun it is! I agree with the Captain, though, that I can't wait until we get to a planet that has real food.
I've been hearing something going around, about an X-Loc. That word sounds kind of familiar, though, I don't know where I might have heard such a crazy word before. It kind of brings back an old memory, but I can't place where I know that word from. I'm struggling to remember, though, and if I do, the Captain will be the first to know.

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
Science officer's log Stardare p16632mb

We are on our way back to m0tard VI to attempt to recover one of these discs. I'm getting bored so i've been working on a new weapon to help D-stroya beat the head llama and recover the Lambda. I've named it the Gooey Excrement Shooting biorifle, and it uses the highly toxic waste produced by the Nali cowdung fuelcells on the USS Mentallaty. I'm going to nip over there and *cough* ask them for a few gallons.

CaSCaDe

Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
Admiral CaSCaDe's log stardate: 16-02-2000 21:18

yet again some weeks have passed and i have still not heared from the eternaty, i start wandering if my temporal beacon worked. becuase i maked alota money @ this company "microsoft" where i worked to get the money for the parts for my temporal beacon i have enough to get some more parts to repair it and send a second call for help.
i hope that they will recieve this one and try to atleast give me some sort of sign to let me know that they have recieved it.

i have still been unable to revieve deeper hshade, i have laid my hands on some primitave medicine and have tried to build a hypospary from the spare parts of thebeacon, so far i am unsuccesfull, i need a componan that is not yet manufacture in this time period, i am going to try and build it from scratch, but i am not sure if it will work.

i am now ready to send the same message i send to the eteranty before, only now i think it will last longer cuse i have found a way to cool the processor so it takess longer to burn out, it is some sort of giant machine with a large door with a light to goes on when u open the door, if i am corect this deviece is used to store food supplies and other things and by keeping it cool you can preserve it longer then just putting it in a closet. THANK GOD we dont need this kind of equiptment in the futere, we just put it in a cabin in wich we change the atmosphere so you can kep the stuff for as lonjg as you want.
i think it will take atleast 2 hours before it burns out now with this deviece i would like to call a: "freezer"
lets hope i am right.

my funds are no problem because i decided to keep working for this company till my friends are here to rescue me, because of this i have decided to get me another one of these "freezers" and am storring beer in it!
damn i love this! while i was getting a supplie of beer i cant help think of my securaty... urhm captain 8-4-7-2's securety officer beer baron, i wander if he know how good this drink is..... hum, oh well enough thinking lets get this show on the road!

<switchsound>
<continouesly humming sound>

i just activated teh beacon again, and again all i can do is wait...

-.. Admiral CaSCaDe out.

Status
Not open for further replies.