The *OFFICIAL* GoW Media Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Here we have the Zero Hour event demonstration, with CliffyB at the controls, and Mark Rein spouting off his love of HDR and post processing, lol:

http://files.filefront.com/gearsofwar+zerohourwmv/;4466258;;/fileinfo.html
(shakey cam, but it's not really shakey;))

In this video we see the new section, with very cool rail car action.
Gimme this game.

Repeat: this is not the X05 or TGS video. It has extra footage, and Cliffy does a better job of showing off the visuals.
(...that I personally hadn't seen before)

Last edited:

chillypacman

Dec 19, 2005
I tell you the marketing of these games have reached such a shameless level were we have people chatting under scripted lines about how good something is, only to market it.

Had hdr not been made so bloody 'omg wtf?!' by the way valve promoted half-life: lost coast we wouldnt be seeing anyone talking about how 'l33+' hdr is.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
chillypacman said:
I tell you the marketing of these games have reached such a shameless level were we have people chatting under scripted lines about how good something is, only to market it.

Had hdr not been made so bloody 'omg wtf?!' by the way valve promoted half-life: lost coast we wouldnt be seeing anyone talking about how 'l33+' hdr is.

That's because everyone knows what HDR is, and we won't have to ask for it

chillypacman

Dec 19, 2005
That's because everyone knows what HDR is, and we won't have to ask for it
yeah I guess your right, but if that guy was 'spouting' his love for HDR then there are alterior motives for it.

I remember reading a game review in a magazine that will remain unamed a while ago on the first call of duty, It was 2.5 pages long, but you could tell when the writer ran out of stuff to say and was just blabbering on adn on about some random stuff, but what annoyed me most was this line: "one of the finest additions to the game is per poly collision detection" (or something like that), and he continued to praise it, but dude, that was implemented in games waaaaaaaay before call of duty, I didnt hear anyone praising per-poly collision with those games...

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Bah!
I posted this yesterday and emailed 2 newsposters on BU and still PlanetUnreal and Worthplaying got it on the frontpage before BU.

K.N.I.F.E

Dressed in Pink
Jun 4, 2005
In Nathan's base
kevan.org
k4h44g.jpg

Is that classified as media or food?

That enemy will be a problem for chicken!

Status
Not open for further replies.