The Meatrix

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
That's fricking awesome.

I think the scariest thing about industry meat farming is the antibiotics thing. They're speeding up evolution to create the toughest, nastiest, most resistent bugs possible.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
:tup: Good find. Pig factories suck, talk about disgusting. Ever get close to one? I mean, like within 10 miles? It reeks beyond belief.

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
These types of farms wouldn't even be more profitable or efficient than sustainable farms if they were actually made to follow the law regarding waste disposal. Some payoffs to our government have allowed them to dump vast deposits of pig excrement in massive plastic-lined troughs. The results? Methane buildups so vast they have caused sh*t geysers 200 feet high raining pigsh*t across the land.

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
Metakill: And if we didn't have subsidies none of these farms would even exist and we could just have an actual 'countryside' again. Of course, then characters in bad American novels would have no chance to wistfully imagine retiring from their high-paying, heroic job 'once this is over' and going to farm somewhere.

So in other words, it's all a big f**k-up, and wall-to-wall chickens is only part of it.