The great BUF reunion thread '23.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
HELLO. :wavey:

I can't imagine this will gain much tract but after dipping into the BU Discord a bit more frequently I've got a yearning to know how everyone is and what people are up to these days?

As for me...

- Still in the UK.
- Living my best corporate life.
- Amazed I still know my login details, and after looking at the 'What happened to Igoy?' thread, extremely embarrassed about my forum behaviour back in the day.

Reactions: Manticore

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
IGOY. :U

- I'm 37 now, almost 38
- I'm working for a wildlife charity
- I like to tell myself I'm less of an awkward weirdo now but we all know its not true
- I stream on Twitch now
- I got really into Doom modding
- Hello

Last edited:
Reactions: Igoy and Manticore

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I'm in the middle of my 40s now and I don't have happy stories to tell so I'll leave it at that.

• Sad
Reactions: Igoy

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
I'm still lurking... mid-40s now but don't really feel all that old. Trying to get into games programming at the moment, it's always been an interest, but I want to actually make a serious push at it. Also trying to learn Japanese, just to bully my old brain.

Reactions: Morety and Igoy

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
good luck
I'm still lurking... mid-40s now but don't really feel all that old. Trying to get into games programming at the moment, it's always been an interest, but I want to actually make a serious push at it. Also trying to learn Japanese, just to bully my old brain.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Hey y’all! I am 39 years old, married, two boys (6 and 4), four cats, seven chickens in suburbia. I work from home part-time helping my wife’s company get organized for shows and exhibitions. Hockey season is right around the corner, so I’ll be writing more for the fan-run Pittsburgh Penguins blog I write for. Right now I’m really enjoying Minecraft on my Steam Deck while waiting for Super Mario Bros. Wonder to come out next month.

Edit:

after looking at the 'What happened to Igoy?' thread, extremely embarrassed about my forum behaviour back in the day.

ha, yup, same

Last edited:
Reactions: Morety and Igoy

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Hi guys! Just thought I'd stop by in this forum to see if it's still up and it is. I'm 59 and SkaarjKid (my son) is now a freshman in college and a partying fool. He'll figure it out and calm down soon I hope. My wife died about 2 1/2 years ago (covid did not help either) and it hit me hard. I'm mostly over it, but still haven't played any version of UT in a while. Maybe I'll see if they still work at all on my still-running WinXP machine (no internet, of course); install has been running for about 14 1/2 years (changing HD to 2TB in early October). Been into music and working and getting my son ready for college and beyond. I really do plan on play UT3 etc again, but I can't right now.....but very very soon. Remember, all your base belong to us!:flak::redflag:

EDIT: Thank you.:cool:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: maxdamage

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
Hi guys! Just thought I'd stop by in this forum to see if it's still up and it is. I'm 59 and SkaarjKid (my son) is now a freshman in college and a partying fool. He'll figure it out and calm down soon I hope. My wife died about 2 1/2 years ago (covid did not help either) and it hit me hard. I'm mostly over it, but still haven't played any version of UT in a while. Maybe I'll see if they still work at all on my still-running WinXP machine (no internet, of course); install has been running for about 14 1/2 years (changing HD to 2TB in early October). Been into music and working and getting my son ready for college and beyond. I really do plan on play UT3 etc again, but I can't right now.....but very very soon. Remember, all your base belong to us!:flak::redflag:

I'm really sorry to hear about your wife, SkaarjMaster :( My deepest condolences.

Argus

Spack Jazzrabbit
Feb 13, 2008
Scotland
Since it's my first peek into the forum in a good while, I thought I'd throw my hat in. I'm 30 now, still living in Scotland.

IRL's no fun, but I still play Unreal Tournament every once in a while. I've made it a tradition to make UT99 the first game I play every year, and I make sure to tweet CliffyB about it, because why the hell not.

YellowFive

Baconstrips
Aug 7, 2012
Tacoma, Wa
I check in here now and then.

I am 54 and have an amazing 16yr old son. He loves vintage computers and gaming and even restored an old computer to setup a UT server. I've been working in tech the entire time but just took a year off before getting back into it.

Running PU/BU was fun but challenging. Learned a lot and I am glad to see some familiar faces still around.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Neat to see so many faces in here!

I'm a month from 42 :rolleyes: I am married, have 5 kids from 18 down to 10 (one is my adopted niece) and just trucking on. I'm working as a Director at a tech company and trying to keep BU running on the side ;)

@SkaarjMaster so sorry to hear about your wife! Deepest condolences :(

@Igoy I think all of us are embarrassed about how we acted 20 years ago on here... hehe! I think about how dumb I was back then probably more than I should.

Drakken_Mordith

Jun 12, 2001
Toronto
www.virtualascension.com
- Late 40s
- Back and forth between Unity and Unreal.
- Been a looong time since I was last here...
- Came here through a Google search for something Unreal related.
- Maybe I'll check back a bit more regularly.

@Sir_Brizz it says that if I change my email, I may need to 'reconfirm' my account... does that mean an email would be sent to the original account or to my updated one?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
@Sir_Brizz it says that if I change my email, I may need to 'reconfirm' my account... does that mean an email would be sent to the original account or to my updated one?
I believe it will send an email to your updated email address to confirm that it is a real and active email. If you have any trouble with it, PM me and I'll help you get it resolved.

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
I'm going to be 40 here shortly. I've got a couple young kids and do a lot of gaming with them, but no fragging. BU was my homepage of my browser from 2002 to 2010.

Although I'm sitting in the server, I never got active on Discord like I sometimes was on IRC.

I've been feeling the nostalgia kicking in and wish I could be doing some UT modding. Kinda wish Epic hadn't gotten so successful on Fortnite and there was a new generation of UT to be doing it on.

Edit: lol at my signature ⬇️

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
@Igoy I think all of us are embarrassed about how we acted 20 years ago on here... hehe! I think about how dumb I was back then probably more than I should.

Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better! :lol: I've been reflecting/dying inside at least once a week since I rediscovered it.

You're all a cool bunch for putting up with my BS as much as you all did! Nice to see so many people still around.