The driver-gunner rule. Worry.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Oh_Duh

{NB}Tenacity
Feb 24, 2004
Grinders

Did you ever notice the 2 little grinders on the front of the raptor? Those are for gutblows. :D I have seen some ppl get very high scores using them. Isn't that right Dandel. The balance is good ...leave it alone. :stick:

atticbat

FragBait
heh, I am soooo jazzed about this. Simply amazing.

I used to chuckle whenever I saw someone ripping the low scoring players for their 'noobish skills', kind of the pot calling the kettle black.

#1 is fun.
#2 is TEAM SCORE. Individual scores still are cool, but just lead to a lack of team spirit, imo...

I can;t wait to see how this plays out. I am sure we will see the 'league standard' setup for UTXMP, just like with ONS now, but Excessive Overkill for UTXMP?!?! omg...

or Chaos UTXMP? woof.

Not to mention Air power/Advanced Armor... all sorts of variety will come of this. And all of us will have our fave versions.

Most anticipated mod ever. For me anyways ;)

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
Oh_Duh said:
Did you ever notice the 2 little grinders on the front of the raptor? Those are for gutblows. :D I have seen some ppl get very high scores using them. Isn't that right Dandel. The balance is good ...leave it alone. :stick:

you are right, but don't make me haft to pull the raptor out on you, i have been shying away from drivin it as much lately, so don't give me a reason to go and have some...:lol:

:man::man:

Last edited by a moderator:

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
Jaspeer said:
I think that might ruin the xmp gameplay tbh. I'm not sure how that will work. To me it'd be like adding a manta into something like Red Orchestra. :hmm:

IMO all the ut vehicles would fit in perfect, aside from their skins, aslong as the map they are in fit them. A manta in garden or beach would be pretty cool, i can see any class wasting it without a problem too, but then a leviathan in garden wouldnt really fit but in a bigger map i think it would be ok. A scorpion would fit anywhere a raptor is.

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
Thats dumb, you guys should have scaled them down to be around the same scale as ut players. That means that the map space is smaller (even though its huge anyway) and alot of 2k4 content and user content for 2k4 would have to be scaled up to fit in utxmp maps then too right?

I suppose there could be a reason but i dont see why, it would have been better to scale the xmp stuff down to fit than leave it bigger.... that doesnt make sense. Even so, i dont think its that hard to scale things up, but then again if so its just as easy to scale them down.....

So, basically no ut2k4 maps will work with xmp then.... which is ****ing dumb, alot of maps would probably suck, but many maps for ons as and ctf etc would be great, especially when someone makes a ctf gametype or something for it...... Now if someone wants to make a ctf gametype we will have to redownload a bunch of converted maps instead of being able to just use the new gamtype or a mutator....

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
Yeah, and the models have a scale setting too....

Ive never tried to do a full map before with unreal, but i know in radiant (older one) it messed up things alot... and still, why not do that in the full utxmp to all the assets instead of making us do it.... Instead of just using faceclassic as is with a new gametype or mut, you would have to rescale it and redownload it to use it.....

Im sure alot of people would be like screw ut maps, and i understand to a degree, but there are TONS of good user maps that would be great that will have to be needlessly rescaled to work.... Not to mention many ons maps that would fit in with xmp almost perfectly, that with a mutator to change nodes to gens and replace vehicles would make them all work with just that, while if its really scaled up like that none of them would work without being fixed and redownloaded.....

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
Dammit lee if u had ur way this would just be UT2004 renamed.

Captain Kewl

I know kewl.
Feb 13, 2001
IN YOUR HOUSE
Visit site
Actually, yeah, that's part of it. :p

This is foremost a port of XMP... The idea was always to take XMP and give it the support that its current incarnation won't allow, not to just make a gametype for UT2004 using UT2004 maps and models. Building it around UT2004 proper would probably mean losing a lot of the feel that XMP had with the scaling, perspective, and movement (and it's debatable as to whether UT2004 even has it right in the first place -- DE designed their levels to be played with players that were 20% larger than they eventually ended up being.)

On top of that, it would seriously stunt the process of porting all the levels over; all the staticmeshes and terrains would need to be rescaled -- which at this point isn't worth the trouble. It's just too much of a damn shame to waste all that stuff Legend put together.

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
In that case lee can write it himself :p

Nice sig btw lee is that Max Payne?

Myren

Lurking User
Aug 19, 2004
www.alienintels.com
proper teamplay for vehicles

the proper teamplay form is to have a "useless" techie (bah, whats another gasser on your map anyways!) drive, while someone else grabs the gunner chair. then you go claim the map; techie hacks, gunner shoots anything that moves. sure, technie doesnt get that many points from hacking, but they should be able to drive over a couple people, which is reward which transcends points alone.

/rag on techies, but i play one too.
Myren

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
You might be surprised how well a techie can score being a hack-monkey. It's throne-watching that is the most thankless job ever.

And yes, lee's sig is artwork from Max Payne 2.

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
Pro^Kp said:
In that case lee can write it himself :p

Nice sig btw lee is that Max Payne?

Na its from a stephen king book :)

And im not trying to make it like 2k4, im just trying to look at the big picture, tbh i think way to far into games and really focus on the bad parts, i mean the good things are obvous. I can understand the team wanting to speed map porting up, but if thats the only reason why then its stupid, its not like there are 100s of maps, xmp only had 6 right? and new maps are gonna be more important than getting all those 6, only 3 are really great anyway.

There are just way too many custom maps and content that would fit into xmp perfectly that will be wasted, or will have to be redownloaded.... In the long run its a bad idea imo.

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
Oh, and the maps are really the only problem, the players and guns, vehicles etc could all be scaled down pretty easy, but im not sure if a mutator could do it, i tried making something like that for 2k3 and it worked good but you couldnt crouch in the midget or giant state.... But just redownlaoded the players and stuff rescaled wont be that bad, and will allow to play in the ut gametypes, which imo would rock, cause i hate gay ass weapon pickups and the abaility to carry all the guns that ut has... Classes would make ut 100% cooler.

The biggest problem will be custom maps, not only will people make them and then find out they are too small, some people will want to make a XMP map then also use it for ONS which prolly wont work now.... And if its that easy for the mapper to just rescale then the xmp team needs to do it before release to match ut scale.

Last edited: