The driver-gunner rule. Worry.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

IndianPsycho

Feb 17, 2004
www.free-monkey.com
Major-Lee-High said:
I can understand the team wanting to speed map porting up, but if thats the only reason why then its stupid

Captain Kewl said:
Building it around UT2004 proper would probably mean losing a lot of the feel that XMP had with the scaling, perspective, and movement (and it's debatable as to whether UT2004 even has it right in the first place -- DE designed their levels to be played with players that were 20% larger than they eventually ended up being.)

;)

Pawnbroker

ºØmníºChiron
Jan 2, 2004
Sorry, I'm going to try to get back on topic here :)

EDIT: Saw the vehic thread :eek: I'm curious, are you guys tweaking the vehicle physics? As it is now, the Jugg is a mobile gun placement, and the Harbie is useless (except for jumping canyons!). The Raptor does take some odd bounces now and again too.

Is button switching b/t turret and driver going to be implemented?

Thanks.

Also, just to second Mr Woof, MF Techs are always among the top scorers in a server. I should know! I play one on TV. :p

Last edited:

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
OMF TechTV!!!!!

"And it is Worf, madam, not Woof." ;)

Reportedly (I say that only because I am not a monkey, but I'm sure the monkeys would tell you the exact same thing) the vehicles will be the same, and handle basically the same, but because they are based in UT2K4 vehicle code, they should "grip" the road much better and not split into odd pieces, and other things those vehicles did that you probably wouldn't expect from a high-performance machine.

However, unless they have altered the Harby's weaponry in any way, expect it to remain useless. ;)

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
I gotta admit, the harby was a pretty useless vehicle which people rarely use cause of its slow flying projectiles which also obstructed your view when shooting (Im reffering to the top gun) And practically no one ever used the rear gun =(

.sl0w.

Emmet Otter said:
I gotta admit, the harby was a pretty useless vehicle which people rarely use cause of its slow flying projectiles which also obstructed your view when shooting (Im reffering to the top gun) And practically no one ever used the rear gun =(

Yeah, the buttcannon is very useless - would be better if the would change it with a Asmd :lol:

Btw, Jaybo - your Sig is wrong ;)

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
if the harbies rear gun could look in more directions (all besides hitting the actual vehicle) it would be a force to be wreckoned with : )

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Everything is bigger in XMP 'cause we ain't no wimpy 2k4 players!

Switching driver/gunner without exiting the vehicle would be bad. Like someone said, the Jugg would be unstoppable (fire a shot, move Jugg to avoid incoming rocket/shocklance bolt, shoot again, move to avoid second volley, repeat). And can you imagine a Raptor driver switching to the gun before the Raptor even stops moving?

On new vehicles: wasn't someone a long time ago working on a vehicle based on the 4-wheeled V10 Viper engine-powered motorcycle? That could be fun, a rediculously fast but fragile 1-person vehicle.