The Canister Gun?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I personaly think that Bio is not so useless in ONS. And still , only the experianced players use it in DM. Or a normal player (aka ''noob'') will use it only if he got it instead of wasting time getting a kill with the AR.

I don't think they should include vicious mines on the DM floors. That would Scare the unreal fans.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
I'd rather have a goop gun for long distance shots than an ltg.(I actually hit more with it... and I mean actually hit the person.. not spooge next to them and let em' walk over it) Most ons games = long distance shots.
Therefore...

Goop for teh win!

Goop is my fav gun in 2k3/4. To me personally it's sucky that it doesn't even rank having it's own model... specially since it was kind of a unique weapon to the series. :(

Unreality

Apr 20, 2005
yea i'd say with the bio rifle i was able to goop up a hellbender and then driver was like hehe it doesn't explode some seconds later he dies from exploding goop in he's face ^.^

Monster Kill

BLUUDTH|RSTA said:
Although I appreciate you are trying very hard, I think you still need to think your whole post over. Goo is NOT good for that. It evaporates after a short period of time. So your perimiter you talk about is an "evaporating" perimeter. Spider mines dont evaporate, grenades dont evaporate. Thus GOO is pointless in ONS.

Goo is good for charging up globs, walking up to somebody, and shooting them pointblank for an instakill. In UT99, you didn't even have to charge up to get an easy kill. The primary fire was powerful as ass. (hence the UT99 biorifle smiley avatar;))

FireCrack

May 25, 2004
Goo is good for killing vehicles.

In my opinion grenades are generaly pointless anywhere, not a good weapon IMO.

Xipher

I didn't break it, you did
Feb 15, 2004
Iowa
Well, I think they make a great trap weapon (at least the sticky ones), as you can throw a few on your manta or Scorpian, drive some where, hop out, and wait for some unsuspecting oponent to hop in, and BOOM, they're gone.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
FireCrack said:
Goo is good for killing vehicles.

In my opinion grenades are generaly pointless anywhere, not a good weapon IMO.

I moslty use it like a trap in vctf. I like that weapon when i need it. Not to use it like a traditional weapon to fight with.

FireCrack

May 25, 2004
But how often do you lay a trap like that, furthermore, how often is it worth the time? I'l admit that there not usless, but they are pointless. THe game could play just as good without them, realy just a superflous weapon.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Yeah, the only thing I use nades for is silent node kills.

Unload all nades: Check.
Sit all mines: Check.
Run mines into node = Det nades: Check.

1600+ points of damage, and then then enemy knows your there.

Other then that, I don't use them anywhere, unless you count trash talk kills in Healpod.

What it really boils down to in the end is what options they leave me for scripting grabbing that weapon and what ammo.

...and I personally like backing an enemy into goo I just threw right behind them... and if they try to pull forward to avoid it, shock beam them into it.

{TD}orgasmix

orgasmic
Apr 4, 2005
the goo is the most satisfying weapon to use. Goobededing someone with a fully charged shot and NOT killin urself along with it is just so satisfying and embarrassing for the victim. Lots of good laughs

Xipher

I didn't break it, you did
Feb 15, 2004
Iowa
{TD}orgasmix said:
the goo is the most satisfying weapon to use. Goobededing someone with a fully charged shot and NOT killin urself along with it is just so satisfying and embarrassing for the victim. Lots of good laughs
I find bouncing a shock ball back in their face, and having THEM blow it up in thier own face was about as good. I guess that was one good thing about the shield gun.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
BooGiTyBoY said:
I'd rather have a goop gun for long distance shots than an ltg.(I actually hit more with it... and I mean actually hit the person.. not spooge next to them and let em' walk over it) Most ons games = long distance shots.
Therefore...

Goop for teh win!

Goop is my fav gun in 2k3/4. To me personally it's sucky that it doesn't even rank having it's own model... specially since it was kind of a unique weapon to the series. :(

yeah it has always been my fave weapon since UT...

i hope i like the new gun as much, im guessing (if someone didnt already say) that it will be like the grenade launcher from Unreal2 that had the different types of grenades you could use, toxic, explosive, etc and you just rolled the barrel to fire a different type, that was a pretty cool weapon imnsho :)