The BEST Video Game console of all time?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shin

Ethical Illusionz
Aug 29, 2001
Behind my desk
www.ioerror.co.uk
Originally posted by lucifix
Do you call this childish???

zomblove6.jpg

Nope I call that hot ;) Im looking forward to the new RE series on the gamecube :).

To lucifix:
Sorry but I totally forgot about the gamecube!! (Nintendo finally strikes back with that console, I hope).

And like i said i was talking bout MY opinion!!! ;)

Dont be so mad, i just dont like the NINTENDO look. Now the gamecube thats a whole different story!!

So relax, take a deep breath, and give me a big hug :p

to mistercope:
Im sorry but i didnt understand your post :(

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by Shin

Nope I call that hot ;) Im looking forward to the new RE series on the gamecube :).

To lucifix:
Sorry but I totally forgot about the gamecube!! (Nintendo finally strikes back with that console, I hope).

And like i said i was talking bout MY opinion!!! ;)

Dont be so mad, i just dont like the NINTENDO look. Now the gamecube thats a whole different story!!

So relax, take a deep breath, and give me a big hug :p

to mistercope:
Im sorry but i didnt understand your post :(

lol

i was just saying that there are loads of psx games with#"the nintendo feel", only crapper.
like crash bandicoot,
like spyro
like medievil
like croc
etc
and the "good games" you listed were all developed by other companies, not sony, unlike the nintendo games.

that make any more sense?

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
and the "good games" you listed were all developed by other companies, not sony, unlike the nintendo games.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the actual console. And it shows that its so good that it attracts better outside developers.

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
Originally posted by Frostblood

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the actual console. And it shows that its so good that it attracts better outside developers.

it's not just about "attracting" outside developers.
it's also about wheather or not the console company is willing to give license.
eventually sega always draw the shorter straw because of their pointlessly restricted licensing. generation after generation.

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
Sega US helped hold the DC down while EA raped it

their refusal to develop for the platform because the PS 2 would be "more better" didn't help the console's chances in the US much

Sega actually did everything they could to help DC dev's - way above and beyond anything Sony did for the PS 2 :)

Shin

Ethical Illusionz
Aug 29, 2001
Behind my desk
www.ioerror.co.uk
Originally posted by mister_cope

lol

i was just saying that there are loads of psx games with#"the nintendo feel", only crapper.
like crash bandicoot,
like spyro
like medievil
like croc
etc

that make any more sense?

lol now I understand what you meant ;)

digital-warrior

Awake...
Nov 3, 2001
tx
Visit site
I have south park on the n64, its kinda dumb, but I wouldnt let my kids play it....
also have
Rush
Rush II
Turok
Turok II
both Zelda games
and many more.......

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by DigitalW
I have south park on the n64, its kinda dumb, but I wouldnt let my kids play it....
also have
Rush
Rush II
Turok
Turok II
both Zelda games
and many more.......

now ger perfectdark and goldeneye

Scorpio911

Animal Muther
Aug 24, 2001
Weare, NH USA
fatalarts.unrealism.com
SNES is the best console bar none. It had all your classics return as these monster creations of 16bit gold, and had all kinds of third party support, and people still new what making games was all about.

SNES featured some of the greatest of all time

Mario World
Super Metroid
Contra 3
Castlevania 4
F Zero
Mario Kart
Pilotwings
Sim City
FF 2 and 3
Secret of Mana
Zelda
Street Fighter 2: Turbo (best SF evar!)
Killer Instinct
Mega Man X
Donkey Kong Country (although franchise went too far)
etc. etc. etc.

There are just too many good games on SNES, when in comparison the N64 had a handful of decent games, and even some of the games that sold really well weren't all that great.

I will say that the next best system is classic NES, followed by Dreamcast, the fun machine :)

Consoles have never been able to recreate the feeling I got from playing my SNES though, and the consoles that I see coming out right now have no chance of bringin that experience to me.

Viva la Contra!

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Scorpio911
SNES is the best console bar none. It had all your classics return as these monster creations of 16bit gold, and had all kinds of third party support, and people still new what making games was all about.

SNES featured some of the greatest of all time

Mario World
Super Metroid
Contra 3
Castlevania 4
F Zero
Mario Kart
Pilotwings
Sim City
FF 2 and 3
Secret of Mana
Zelda
Street Fighter 2: Turbo (best SF evar!)
Killer Instinct
Mega Man X
Donkey Kong Country (although franchise went too far)
etc. etc. etc.

There are just too many good games on SNES, when in comparison the N64 had a handful of decent games, and even some of the games that sold really well weren't all that great.

I will say that the next best system is classic NES, followed by Dreamcast, the fun machine :)

Consoles have never been able to recreate the feeling I got from playing my SNES though, and the consoles that I see coming out right now have no chance of bringin that experience to me.

Viva la Contra!
I would LOVE to see Contra brought back to life...maybe as an fps???

AeroBLASTER

I build things
Sep 19, 2000
Texas
Visit site
SNES. I haven't had fun with a console since...

Super Mario RPG. That game STILL rocks, and then graphics are great for so primitive (but classic) a system.

Scorpio911

Animal Muther
Aug 24, 2001
Weare, NH USA
fatalarts.unrealism.com
Find a game that's more fun than Metal Warriors for SNES.

Split screen mayhem at it's best.

One of the only games where I sat and played someone 200+ rounds in until we both got exhausted and nearly passed out.
F'ing awesome...

I will say that Winback owns me on N64 though. That is a real time killer when you're with your buds.

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Who cares?

I did like Shinobi though, and Streets of Rage, both of which I played on a friend's err... MegaDrive? Yeah, that was the name. :D

I never had a console of my own. I had a computer, yaknow. No need of a console. Oh, well. No money. And my parents highly disapproved of consoles 'cos they were just "stupid playing machines"

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
there was a terrible 3d port of the contra for the psx

and I mean fucking TERRIBLE

a max payne style 3rd person view might work with enough autoaim :)

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by @kuma
there was a terrible 3d port of the contra for the psx

and I mean fucking TERRIBLE

a max payne style 3rd person view might work with enough autoaim :)
yea one of my friends have it and its ****ing horrible..........

How good were you all at the origional Contra? my dad could beat it 3 times straight in a row without losing one life, ONE FUCKING LIFE!!!!!!

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
super contra for snes? yea i liked that one the best too. i would also like to see a 3d remake of ninja gaiden. i can remember awhile back that tecmo(i think they made it) had a poll on their site asking if they did make a new one which system would you like to see it on, gamecube was first gameboy advance was second and ps2 was third,etc........