TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
My advanced video settings are resetting every time I start up TF2. I searched the steam forums but the only similar cases I could find were related to a dxlevel command line that I was not using. I deleted my config file, but now for some reason the graphics don't change at all regardless of what I set in the menu. I'm re-installing and hoping that this will work, because I am beggining to get annoyed.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Before you bother with the hassle of reinstalling, try deleting the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\(username)\team fortress 2 (note that this will delete any custom settings and content you had) and the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Source\tf (this will delete hardware-specific settings for TF2). After this, you'll have a clean slate for TF2. Then try setting your video settings again.

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
Too late Hyru, I already re-installed. It didn't solve my problem. However I am now using a autoexec.cfg file that automatically sets my video settings to what I want on startup. It's working so far, but I'm sceptical, as it used to randomly reset between games as well.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I never want to look back since I found the flare gun, some pople can't hit with it, but I found out I can deal a lot trouble with it, plus, if a demoman decides to camp, I just shot them with the flare and evade, they go away for health so I can pass trough their stickies.

Stupid as it gets, the flare gun made me love the pyro. I also have no issues with spies haha, at all. 2 Forts makes this game look bad. D: After playing all the retail and some custom CP/pl maps, I found out it is way more enjoyable than capture the intel, which doesn't seem to work all that great, I'm really curious to try something else than 2fort and mech4. Those are extremely boring maps with very decent themes and architecture. Oh well.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
I'd love to play CTF (yes, even 2Fort) with class limits enforced. One of each class or a maximum of two Engineers. Yes, I think even 2Fort would be playable. Too bad 90% of 2Fort pubtards don't seem to think this way. :/

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
So I unlocked the Medic sting gun (Or whatever it is called) and made 3 kill in a single arena round on my last stand, it was epic. :D. I don't see why I would be looking back when it totally saved my ass with the +3 health bonus. No big deal for the no-crits right?

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
Yesterday I was playing the second stage of dustbowl on the offensive team. I was playing engineer and racking up a huge amount of points in a single life thanks to my teleporter+instant respawn combo. I was lovingly tending to my sentry when suddenly, out of the blue, this happened:

[screenshot]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/Xarniwoop/zarniwoopislookinggood.png[/screenshot]

I still managed to beat my most points in a single life, but only by 2. When I think of what could have been, I am hurt by the thoughts of my sentry's betrayal. No spy could cause this much anguish, no ubercharged demoman.

In other words, I'm annoyed(not mad). It's happened before, but it's no less humilitaing. Does anyone know why valve thought making engies vulnerable to their own sentry's firepower was a good idea.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
In other words, I'm annoyed(not mad). It's happened before, but it's no less humilitaing. Does anyone know why valve thought making engies vulnerable to their own sentry's firepower was a good idea.

Everyone is vulnerable to their own weapons when it has splash damage and such so why not engy's?
You can jump ontop of your SG though if you crouch at the top of the jump. Lots of other things are different too i've found, for example team mates can walk through your buildings but you can't and importantly, neither can the enemy. You'll find that's why other engineers build SG's and dispensors in thin doorways, they can be jumped over by yourself but if you ever see a teammate jumping over one you know it's a spy. :)

So I unlocked the Medic sting gun (Or whatever it is called) and made 3 kill in a single arena round on my last stand, it was epic. :D. I don't see why I would be looking back when it totally saved my ass with the +3 health bonus. No big deal for the no-crits right?

The Blutsauger? If it helps to remember it think of it as the "BloodSucker" like a vampire gun :)

Last edited:

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
I just play on the first 10 or so servers that pop on my list. I usually just check my history and select a server that isnt full.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Heh, I pretty much end up adding any server that didn't suck to my Favourites list. I think right now, all except 2 servers on my History list (there's not many yet since I've only had this install for about a month) are on my Favourites list too. I probably should reserve my Favourites list for the absolute best ones. :p