TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
First alpha of my ctf map: http://slainchild.shackspace.com/files/ctf_watershed_a1.zip

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/ctf_watershed_a10001.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/ctf_watershed_a10004.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/ctf_watershed_a10005.jpg[/screenshot]

Let me know what you think :)

We should put this up on a server and test it out a bit. TF2 is really hurting for good CTF maps. Or CTI or whatever.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
First time i've seen anyone on the server and now it's got a password?

It doesn't usually. I was just messing around with a friend for a few hours. :)

BTW if anyone wants to test Slainchild's map I can throw it on the server. Pings might be a bit iffy from outside Europe, though.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
On the bright side, the damn annoying ambassador revolver isn't going to be annoyance on a non-crit server. :) I'll add to my favs. Zaccix, do you have a specific time where people play on there?

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
OK, added ctf_creak_a2 to the mapcycle. :)

Kantham: There's no specific time; people just come on whenever.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
Why do pubbies not understand that a well balanced team is a good team. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO WIN THE GAME IF YOU HAVE 3 SPIES AND 4 SNIPERS.

/is mad at videogames.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Kantham: There's no specific time; people just come on whenever.

It may be a much better deal if you want people to play on your server. Otherwsie you're more likely not getting more than 4 players here and there.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Been having fun with the sandman today, probably pissed off some dudes really bad. :} What you guys usually do after a sand man? Just shotty, or bat? I've been using the default shotgun, and found myself in only one situation where I couldn't kill my sandman's victim. I assume it is the most efficient way?

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
Or just run away? The Sandman's a pretty solid at helping your team. See a heavy that's about to f*ck everything up? Sandman 'em. See a pyro that's about to take out a sentry cluster? Sandman.

As part of a two-step killing process... ehh... why not both shotty and bat?

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I usually gun 'em down if I am close enough. I also use it for long range "haha f you" shots on ubers or snipers, etc.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Well I wanted one Dead Ringer. Now I got 2! D:
Hope they get this trade system up soon because I'd like to trade it for the sawed-off shotty and flare gun.

Really hard to play with this thing. The whole "can not cloak yourself unless attacked" thing is not the problem, the problem for me is more likely how I can't seem to be able to disguise during the cloak effect (It just breaks the cloak), and how it is short. Also, the re-cloak time is large. You really want to make use of the ambassador when using this.

I still like the traditional watch the best. I just pick up ammo boxes or weapons to refill the thing. I'm glad to see myself this Dead ringer toy isn't op. :tup:

Last edited:

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
Why do pubbies not understand that a well balanced team is a good team. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO WIN THE GAME IF YOU HAVE 3 SPIES AND 4 SNIPERS.

/is mad at videogames.

I know what you mean, I often get stuck as medic (especially when theres no heavies) Heavy (no medics) and lone demoman (when theres more than 2 of everything else, and no backup at sentry attacks).

Finally got a weapon i didn't have last night, force of nature.. will have to wait weeks for the next.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
I finally found the Huntsman!!! I can actually get kills with the Sniper now.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I still prefer the standard sniper. I tried the huntsman many times, I still prefer the hitscan and precise weapon. Just got to make sure your power bar is filled enough to deliver a lot of pain.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
What I really like about the Huntsman is you can move and shoot, and see everything around you. That really gives you an advantage. With the standard gun you cant see whats going on around you. Only what your pointing at.

Edit: I also got the back burner last night. Now I have all the unlockables for Pyro!

Last edited: