1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2kX TD Warfare Realistic Vehicle Pack version 130 released

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by meowcat, Feb 7, 2010.

1. meowcat

meowcat take a chance

TD Warfare Realistic Vehicle Pack [version 124, 17 Mar 2012]

Name: TD Warfare Vehicle Pack
    Version: 130, 23 December 2018 (hmm.... been working on this pack for perhaps a few too many years.....)
    Compatibility: Compatible with standard UT2K4
    Description: A HMMWV, IFAV Assault Jeep, Recon Motorcycle, Scout motorcycle (w/ Sidecar and machine gun), Main Battle Tank, Hound MI4 Helicopter, Blackhawk Helicopter, AH-6/MH-6 Helicopters, MH53 Helicopter, zodiac raft boat, Halo Warthog style jeep, Halo Falcon Copter, and the MEGA_TRUCK!!!.

HMMWV is armed with a Fifty cal. machine gun and can carry three additional passengers (for a total of 5, either good for assaults, or quite a death trap! ;) ). An alternate version ("HMMWV GL") is included which has a Mk19 Auto-Grenade Launcher for the turret instead.

Interim Fast Attack Vehicle (IFAV) is armed with an M240 machine gun and can carry a total of three players (similar speed to the scorpion).

Recon motorcycle is unarmed, but makes up for it in speed. The scout motorcycle is the same as the Recon but has a sidecar with machine gun.

MBT90 Tank has both its main cannon and coaxial machine gun for the driver and a top mounted Fifty cal M2 machine gun for a gunner. Two versions, "_tracked" version has an independent suspension (the tracks conform to the terrain)

Hound MI4 Helicopter (not pictured) can carry two passengers plus two Door Gunners armed with M240D machine guns.

Raven Helicopter (based on the Blackhawk) has two door gunners (each with their own minigun) and side mounted missile launchers for use by the pilot ("dumb" rapid fire missile pod, and Air-to-Air seeking missiles)

AH-6 Helicopter has pilot controlled minigun and missile pod, while co-pilot controls a 25mm cannon.

MH-6 Helicopter Unarmed helicopter used to rapidly transport assault teams across maps. The "Alt" version allows human players to fire their own weapons while riding on the side benches of the helicopter.

Comments: I could not find too many realistic vehicles that did not come with a TC mod (requiring a huge download) so I made a few of my own. I designed them with VCTF in mind. They are somewhat lowpoly, so be warned :) Please leave feedback (especially regarding handling etc)

Screenshots:
    All_TDW_vehicles_Rev2.jpg
    Credits: Me (models, textures, some custom code), and some help on the BeyondUnreal coding forums. The copter control console texture was found on a website about Military Copters.
    Download: ZIP format:https://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-tournament-2004/addons/tdvehicles130-dec232018

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. Blade_hunter

Blade_hunter Unreal tournament mod dude

The motorcycle have a problem for driving it, it uses the mouse to do so and it's quite buguy

3. meowcat

meowcat take a chance

Hi Blade_Hunter, thanks for providing some feedback. I'll make the mouse steering optional in the next release. And motorcycle vehicles in general never seemed to work that realistically (without setting a super low, below ground level, Center of Gravity, or messing with the karma stay upright setting). Do you know of other motorcycle vehicles that behave reasonably well that I could model the physics performance of this on? (does the battlebike work well?)

4. Blade_hunter

Blade_hunter Unreal tournament mod dude

Battle bikes works poorly IMO.
    It's also unfinished; the only bikes who works fine are the one from chaos UT and the Command & Conquer pack (those are the only I got with battle bikes and your pack.
    but the problem of driving with the mouse is the fact it doesn't even follow our view, I mean the wheel doesn't follow the aim
    In an other hand using the direction buttons with a return to center and allowing with some bumps to adjust the direction could be fine.
    And thanks for this vehicle pack :)

5. meowcat

meowcat take a chance

New version 122 uploaded, see first post for download link. I updated the MBT90 Tank:
    1. added new coaxial machine gun for the driver
    2. updated the first person view to include a turret vs. tank body indicator and a tank heading indicator (looks similar to the BF3 tank view). See pic below.
    [​IMG]

6. meowcat

meowcat take a chance

Happy St. Patrick's day. New version posted (see first post for download link). Update features:
    1. AH-6 Attack Helicopter and MH-6 troop transport version
    2. 2nd HMMWV with Mk19 Auto-grenade launcher for the turret weapon
    3. Bots will use the extra passenger seats in the vehicles and properly swap to either the driver position or an armed position when one becomes available
    4. Machine Gun bullet hit effects are now material specific

Another change from the previous revision posted here is that the Tank now has an independent suspension (tracks conform to the terrain more or less).

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  7. meowcat

meowcat take a chance