TAZ-LAN 2008

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
OK this thread needed some more lovin'.

I was listening to a couple old UT tunes on my MP3 player today and got me thinking... as long as we get enough folks this time, we should definately do a little bit of oldschool UT. Maybe even some jailbreak!!! I got that free anthology when I bought UT3... so I can install a better copy, I think my current install is jacked.

Aside from that. Are we able to get a better body count?

Dave, Seb, Jason, Todd and myself are the only for-sures that I'm aware of. hopefully Avri will be able to stop in again. Who else???? LURK! Morty? should we try contacting DP or Hawk? What about VLAD?

Roughly 3 months til this thing goes down :)

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Not sure I can make it, have some other things come up recently. You guys keep me posted on how it goes, post lots of PICS. :eek2: :lololol:

Vlad, Hawk, DP are welcomed if they can make it. I can send DP another email but odds aren't good for him to show. Thinking he quit UT and is a WoW fanboy now.
I am a worried about inviting folks we don't know to much about. Any of you Assassins got any bright ideas. Have to pull out one of our Old Rosters and start pinging some folks. (Sky, MEAT, etc)

Saigon Lucipher

Jan 21, 2008
io know you guys really dont know me(probably dont like me)but i am lurks son in law..so i cant be that bad of a guy can i.and I love UT2k4,obviously GW and some of the older games are ok..

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
Not looking good for me... but things may change in the next 3 months.

Yeah dude! They better! You're the only one thats been here for a helluva long time that we haven't met yet!

I wouldn't bother with sky... as far as I know hes still in Texas. Meat maybe... although two canadians could mean trouble :lol:

As long as Vlad knows the invitation is open, it is a bit of a hike for him too (not quite canada but still).

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
For the Serious Gamers, we can hook him up to a IV Line thats connected to a Keg. Have to have someone pump it every now and then.:lol:

Saigon Lucipher

Jan 21, 2008
the only thing that i have to say to that is....wait (if i was invited)this would happen in july i would be old enough drink YES!!!!!

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
To be perfectly honest with you saigon... I'm growing a little tired of reading all of your failed attempts at throwing a subtle hint that you want to come. Every post you've made in this thread screams "JEEZ GUYS WTF AREN'T YOU GOING TO INVITE ME?" We're not stupid. The thing is, none of us really know what to say. We want to meet lurkypoo, hes been with us for quite some time. You on the other hand, we hardly know. And the few things we do know aren't so good. Theres a lot of history between the folks here and a lot of things we can talk about and relate to. I see it being rather awkward if you were to come. To me you'd be the "stranger". I mean, last year Jason showed up at my house when I wasn't even there, but when I got back and we met face to face, it was like I'd known him my whole life and had no problem hanging out til the canadian crossed the border :lol:

I don't see the same thing happening with you. Now we're going to talk about it as a group, but like Taz stated, this is the get-together that he hosts for his «BuA» brothers. I've been gaming with some of these guys for almost 10 years now... which happens to be half of my lifetime. We had a good time last year, and we only get to do this once a year.

That being said... having someone there that we know hardly anything about, not knowing your attitude, whether or not you can take a joke, whether or not you can take being picked on, is something that could jeopardize the enjoyment factor for everyone else.

Just consider this post to be a "heads up". Thanks.

Last edited:

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
I have to agree with BC. We have a core group of people that have known each other for 5 years minimum. We've interacted with each other enough to know each other's characters. When we got together, it was nearly the same as if we were all online together, with the added benefit of being able to see each other's faces. With someone with whom we don't have that kind of history, it would be sort of awkward.