TAZ-LAN 2008

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Alrighty folks, its time to really start thinking this years event.
We will need to finalize a few things if we are going to make this years LAN better then 2007. I have a nice new 16-Port Switch so that will make things alot better connection wise. What we need to nail down is the following.

Dates: 24-27 July 2008<--- Confirmed

Games: UT2004, UT3, Guitar HeroIII, Guild Wars, Wii

Attendance:
CONFIRMED--> Dave (Host), Jason, Seb, Jim, Todd, Ryan, (Avri & Mike on Saturday)
UNCONFIRMED-->

Hardware to Bring: BYOPC (I have 2 gaming rigs)
Includes-PC, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse & Pad, Headphones, Flash/Thumb Drives

Items to Bring: Sleeping Bag, Pillow, Meds, Special Dietary Items, etc.

Think about it and Post up.

Update: We have confirmed the dates, make sure to take off work and adjust schedules as needed. Lets do some research into LAN Games to play. Older titles are welcome, most of us will most likely have them anyway. Check out this site! http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Games/Games-LAN.html

There will be plenty of Movies to watch!!

We can do some shopping Thurs. Nite for snacks and what nots.
Short Itinerary:
Thurs.- Dev, BC, Todd, Jason Arrive, Set-up LAN, Gaming, Movies, etc..
Fri.- Ryan Arrives, Cookout, Gaming, Movies, Passout (LoL)
Sat.- Avri and Mike Arrive in evening, Trip to Arundel Mills around Noon (Movie, D&B, Du Claw). More Gaming & Movies.

Did I miss anything??

Last edited by a moderator:

Bonedigger

°ßéè])éè°
Oct 14, 2001
Pottstown, PA
I hope i Don't have anything those days i'll just mark it on the calendar when we get dates finalized so nothing gets scheduled during that time, but I am good for pretty much any time.

falafel

Jan 8, 2006
games: cs:source and offcourse Cod4! Best multiplayer game around atm. And singleplayer pwns too :D

Bonedigger

°ßéè])éè°
Oct 14, 2001
Pottstown, PA
well we would need to go buy those games lol, I'm not so sure that we all have Cs: Source and CoD4. at least i don't hahaha but yea CoD4 is a good game

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Hmmm, how do I put this tactfully? The TAZ-LAN invite was meant for friends and family. Its basically by invite only, it was posted here for friends and family to respond.

Steel, looks like you have problems with taking off for a long weekend. No chance of a Friday through Monday Vacation?

Dev, has narrowed the time frame down somewhat.

Morty, sound like you prefer something sooner.

Where's Lurk??

Would it be better to move the location to Steels or Mortys backyard?
Anyway like Todd mentioned the sooner we cabn lock down dates the better it is for scheduling. Lets keep the debate rolling. Everyone check and double check on the dates. I can take off all of July if necessary.

falafel

Jan 8, 2006
Hmmm, how do I put this tactfully? The TAZ-LAN invite was meant for friends and family. Its basically by invite only, it was posted here for friends and family to respond.

Cool :D
I'll be there then :lol:
I'll take my private jet, fly 9 hours to the US, Rent a car, drive 3 hours to your place. Play few games and return back home :)

lol :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edit: ffs still cant believe I'm back at 22 posts :( :(
And I need to change my name back to Valinor :(

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Ok, did I read it wrong? I'm pretty sure Dev is saying his vacation is starting *today*, and lasting two weeks. I'll be working on the house I'm closing on today (that's a rather blatant hint, people).

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Lurk will have to get back to you...

Lurk's plate ATM:

Moving in less than 2 weeks.
Don't have a place to move to, yet.
Can't plan on anything until Social Security goes through, because without those funds; things will be super tight once we move.
I am no longer allowed to drive because of my condition.

And for some reason; I really wasn't expecting this so soon... but I guess it's been because I've been so pre-occupied with getting things ready to go here.

My daughter, her husband and myself have been packing (I did most of it before they got here), but we still have 2/3rds of the house to go and need to have everything but essentials packed by next friday...
So needless to say; SS and I are in somewhat the same boat here... and with no word from Social Security about my settlement (either they decide I get it, or I go and hire a lawyer), we're pretty much living/paying bills off her check.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
I'll be working on the house I'm closing on today (that's a rather blatant hint, people).

Congrats on the new House. Provide some info please, PICS would be cool. Anyway sounds like Steel could host a LAN if he decided. How far is the new place from Morty and Lurk. I might have to swing by KY on the way??

OK, I am assuming to much. If we can't do a LAN then how about some other kind of adventure. I am open for ideas, up to evryone else what we decide. I am game for pretty much anything.

Lets go to DEV's, I am sure his Mom wouldn't mind. LOL ;)

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
The original mix-up was Dev's vacation dates. Last years timeframe was based on those dates (because this whole thing was Dev's idea, anyway). So the question is: are dev's updated dates of 7/20 - 8/2 good for everyone else? If we made it a friday afternoon - sunday morning thing again that would put it at 25-27 of July. If we try to do something similar, DEV, your ass is coming down to my place the night before :lol:. And remember, you're visiting FAMILY, its not a LAN PARTY :)

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Thats what I meant by Friends and Family. I consider y'all my Brothers..
Except Todd, he's the Bastard Half Brother! LOL j/k