Suggestions for project name!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Title says it all :)

1 - Unreal Tournament Redux
2 - RTUT (Return to Unreal Tournament)
3 - Unreal Resurrection

Well, there's a few quite lame ones, hopefully someone can come up with something better :)

missPoopShoot

voodoo rage
Jul 13, 2003
Cambridge, UK
Visit site
I like the "UT Redux" idea. Something along those lines - Director's Cut, Special Edition etc. - would be fitting. ;)

Is there a spec sheet drawn up of what this mod hopes to achieve yet? If not, then if someone does one I can let people know how much I will be willing to do :)

I can't code, but I can model, texture and I am a beginner at mapping.

SPoT

Project Member
Nov 5, 2002
Visit site
Dont care too much about a name.
Something simple that tells what the mod is.

"True UT" sounds good to me, but Im up for whatever you guys come up with..

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Hoho

Hm,m, I like the sound of True Unreal or Unreal Tournament Redux - it should be a simple name.

Thern I really want to be of help in some way, not that I have any what so ever skills in anything you would need, but i know that ut2003hq has a perfekt port of Deck 16, just the pickup places needs to be changed.

One question, will there be the classic 50 and 100 armor pickups if you'll reach a release (not shields)?

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Yes, everything classic :) I'm currently compiling a package for the mappers containing all the original pickups. Mainly temporary at the moment I think as the armour will need recoding to be like the UT equivalent, but what the hell, at least we'll have the proper pickup models etc for that 'classic' feeling :D

Another name I just thought of - UT Generations

Sounds a bit too Star Trek but never mind ;)

KarlMarx

Oct 4, 2003
Great suggestions for names. I like Unreal Tournament Redux and RTUT best (nice sounding acronym too), more than Resurrection (some bad connotations). True UT is good as well with a nice sounding acronym but I personally think some will interpret 'True' to mean 'Truer' than UT 2003 gameplay. I also like UT Classic but I guess Epic has dibs on that one already.

Maybe a poll or vote?