Stuff you just bought thread V2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
This week I got this:
http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Tyon/
img_21862_5_796_400.jpg

img_21867_5_796_400.jpg

Took some time to get used to, but by now I'm liking it.

PS.
My mouse driver has achievements.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Some of you may not know that I lost all my personal belongings a few months ago, so I am slowly rebuilding my computer repertoire. My newest mouse is an inexpensive AURA "Killing the Soul" gaming dual-mode mouse. This mouse is just right for me, as I do not need to program buttons or anything. But it does work quite well and the build quality is far superior to what you would expect in many Logitech or Microsoft gaming mice.

The buttons feel very solid and I have seen no noticeable latency or tracking issues.

kts_front_resized_1024x1024.jpg

Aside from that, our youngest Siberian Husky female pup (8 months old) seems to favor whitetail droppings as a sort of doggie delicacy. The two older Husky boys would rather eat the venison, har har. We've had two good sized bucks and five does in the yard over the last week.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
Some of you may not know that I lost all my personal belongings a few months ago, so I am slowly rebuilding my computer repertoire. My newest mouse is an inexpensive AURA "Killing the Soul" gaming dual-mode mouse. This mouse is just right for me, as I do not need to program buttons or anything. But it does work quite well and the build quality is far superior to what you would expect in many Logitech or Microsoft gaming mice.

The buttons feel very solid and I have seen no noticeable latency or tracking issues.

kts_front_resized_1024x1024.jpg

Aside from that, our youngest Siberian Husky female pup (8 months old) seems to favor whitetail droppings as a sort of doggie delicacy. The two older Husky boys would rather eat the venison, har har. We've had two good sized bucks and five does in the yard over the last week.
wait? what? what happened?

"lost"?

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
Finally got the controller in the mail, but one of my channels is still completely cut out. I think I must have blown something in the sub a few months ago, probably not the controller's fault. Going to try and return it though.

That's a bugger, I had something similar with my Z4's, turned out to be a dodgy speaker plug, chopped the pair off & soldered on some better quality ones & it's been fine since.

How'd you like your new 2.1's? That sub looks to be a bit of a desk space eater but I'd imagine it has to be at hand if that's the volume control.

So.... back on topic. I ordered an OnePlus One phone.

Did you have to jump through any hoops to get one, needing an invite or one of the other odd processes before you actually managed to place an order? Have you actually received it yet and if so, is it really as good as it seems?

I really fancied one myself but there was no simple way to just give them my money in exchange for a new phone so I went elsewhere. :(

Finally joined the 21st century. So what do I do with this giant-ass phone besides not get lost anymore?

SNAP!!!

Mine arrived this morning and compared to the ageing, creaky, old Samsung S Plus it's replacing it's bloody mahoosive (perfect for my gettin'-old-git eyes) and silly fast, though, the latter was to be expected, even a stripped down Cyanogenmod version of Jellybean couldn't stop me from wanting to just wing the thing at the wall on many occasions.

I got to play with it for about half an hour before the missus confiscated it until Christmas, pffft. That's when the fun/tedious (delete as applicable) task of modding it to my liking will start!
sv2ueo.jpg

Big chunk o' storage to go with it, a 64GB Samsung Evo micro SDXC for the [strike]monkey pr0n[/strike] pwetty photo's:
v5ygec.jpg

I've gone with a tempered glass screen protector this time, in the past I've only ever used PET or TPU ones so this could be fun to apply.
2dshkrk.jpg

For the missus, a Samsung S3 Neo. No, it's not Matrix themed, just an updated-for-2014 version of the original. It may well be a couple of generations old now but it still beats many mid-range phones in too many areas to consider buying anything else, it's more than enough for what she'll use it for. It's also replacing her S Plus, too, so a decent upgrade.
2nu6gd0.jpg

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
That's a bugger, I had something similar with my Z4's, turned out to be a dodgy speaker plug, chopped the pair off & soldered on some better quality ones & it's been fine since.

How'd you like your new 2.1's? That sub looks to be a bit of a desk space eater but I'd imagine it has to be at hand if that's the volume control.

The Swans are sweet, here's how I have em set up.

sMbS3zv.jpg

The "sub" is more of a woofer than subwoofer, the driver is much smaller in person than I thought a 5" one would be. It is meant to be placed on the desk though. It's supposed to be in the middle, and sounds better that way but I couldn't get that to work unless I put the monitor on it. Overall they sound amazing, very detailed w/ the tweeters and the sound blends in very nicely across all frequencies, unlike a lot of 2.1 systems that have a gap between the sub and satellite frequency ranges. The old logitechs were guilty of this and sounded kinda hollow.

Anyway the price was excellent relative to the quality, and I love the aesthetics. I've actually been excited to come back and listen to music on them the past few days.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
The Swans are sweet, here's how I have em set up.

sMbS3zv.jpg

The "sub" is more of a woofer than subwoofer, the driver is much smaller in person than I thought a 5" one would be. It is meant to be placed on the desk though. It's supposed to be in the middle, and sounds better that way but I couldn't get that to work unless I put the monitor on it. Overall they sound amazing, very detailed w/ the tweeters and the sound blends in very nicely across all frequencies, unlike a lot of 2.1 systems that have a gap between the sub and satellite frequency ranges. The old logitechs were guilty of this and sounded kinda hollow.

Anyway the price was excellent relative to the quality, and I love the aesthetics. I've actually been excited to come back and listen to music on them the past few days.

That setup is making my physically ill. Not only are your speakers uneven in height (which is annoying, but not the BIGGEST deal in the world), but they aren't even balanced from left to right. Seriously, you're giving me a nervous tick imagining the ways in which the sound would sound just a little bit off.

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
That setup is making my physically ill. Not only are your speakers uneven in height (which is annoying, but not the BIGGEST deal in the world), but they aren't even balanced from left to right. Seriously, you're giving me a nervous tick imagining the ways in which the sound would sound just a little bit off.

Lol, I actually changed it right after posting that. It sounds better now, but it sounded pretty sweet before too. The left one was angled up, and before that I had it stacked on an old speaker so it was the same height.

Suck it up, not everything has to be symmetrical :D

uBzWILV.jpg

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com

I one made a wallpaper that looked just like that one. the pattern on it is a low res tile-able one that is easily available so I don't presume it is one I made (as there are many similar ones using that pattern on the net). I couldn't find any of the ones I made on my HD with the plain background/flat pattern (with a subtle grunge map) for comparison purposes (cause I was curious I looked). I did however find the .psd for the below version that I for some reason never finished. So I flattened it and here it is:

[1920x1280]
[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/waa70ud.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Today I bought Christmas gifts for my son. Some remote control hex bugs and several Lego technic sets. Also I bought him a goPro 'cause he wants to make his own lego movies.

Also bought one of these at GoodWill for $5 because holy crap that's a lot of WD-40!
kno8qpy.jpg

Now I just need to find one of those old timey oil cans that go dungkDungk when you press the bottom. Or paint a squirt gun blue and yellow. Either one.

Justin286

Smooth Criminal
Jul 26, 2001
Bk, Nyc
So.... back on topic. I ordered an OnePlus One phone.
Did you have to jump through any hoops to get one, needing an invite or one of the other odd processes before you actually managed to place an order? Have you actually received it yet and if so, is it really as good as it seems?

I really fancied one myself but there was no simple way to just give them my money in exchange for a new phone so I went elsewhere. :(
Nope. No hoops. No dog & pony shows. No nothing. I just got an invite in e-mail. Paid for it on a Tuesday and picked it up on a Saturday.
I bought it for a relative, so I haven't really gone through everything, but it seems to be a pretty nifty phone. I have a Nexus 4 which just got Lollipop, so I'm pretty set for a year. He had an Atrix which is dying, so it's an even bigger upgrade for him.