Strange Map display bug in Onslaught

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Funkylolo

Oct 29, 2004
Hi,

I am running Ut2vote47 on my server and I noticed a weird problem. I'll try to be clear:

when connecting to the server for a game, while "Waiting for other players" or "Click to be ready" is displayed you can see the map in the ingame menu (using the top buttons: map, game, server, communication, help) . But if you close the menu and then open it again, the map toggle has disappeared and you can only access the other options (game, server...). I tried the same thing without ut2vote and then the bug no longer appears...

Is it a hardcoded bug or is there anything I can do about it (maybe I missed something in my setup but I can't find what)?

This can seem quite trivial but during clanwars, when teams have a last look at their strategies, it's always handy to see the map while waiting for the game to start.

Thank you for your help.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Initially we had the UT2004 Ingame Menu disabled permanently but then had many requests from players to enable it as they are used to pressing escape to get the menu for normal mapvote and wanted the same for UT2Vote so we enabled it.
It does however come with some bugs (as you have noticed) and it is therefore highly recommended that the InGame Menu is not used except during a game.
At the start or end only the UT2Vote keybinds for it's menu should be used as the InGame UT2004 Menu causes all sorts of grief and its not re-codable.