StarGate & RyS: Czech to English translator needed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
It seems the fate doesn't want this to be completed, you will have to wait a bit while again, until I hear from that guy again.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I guess everyone forgot about this. Well, there was a database crash too (in unrealeditor cz forums) and the guy never got to do any translation again the one doing the Stargate translation and never registered again since. So....in that light of events I will translate the first half of Stargate mappack myself and also upload the redeem your space episode 1 translation finally.

seeker3

Mar 8, 2010
Abbotsford BC
Sounds good Leo,keep up the good work and Delacroix too. I was wondering if you or anyone here can tell me how enable cheats in StarGate: Talisman (SE)?
I don't use them often,but it's nice to know I can if need be.Thanks.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
What do you mean? Cheats work fine there for me. What version of Unreal are you using?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
That is if you are uising UT by any chance and with the default stargate gametype, since it is directoy based off the original, in the defualt unreal gametypes there is cheating disabled in UT. To enable it do "set playerpawn bcheatsenabled true". Tournamentplayer does override this though usually, but in stargate it forces you the unreal player.

- Leo

seeker3

Mar 8, 2010
Abbotsford BC
Thanks Leo(T.C.K.)but I found out that when you get to map 3 or 4 and actually start playing,they work fine in UT,lol.I just forgot 'cause I haven't played it in long time.Oh yeah,I wanted to ask you how the English translation for RYS is going.I'm thinking about trying it again and I just wanted to know how it's going.If it's not going to get finished,I'll just play it the way it is,which I've done before.So no worries,I know your involved in other stuff too.And thanks for the replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Don't get why it would suddenly work unless you switched playerpawn in between by going to the menu, then that's indeed possible because the change takes place after the map. Either way, the translations are gonna be finished at some point, in fact as it was said Stargate Talisman was half way finished by another guy but then there was the shutdown of the old version of the forums and I lost contatc with them, but there are noit nearly as much translator messages in stargate talisman so I might as well finish that up and release it, when I get the chance to. But remember that it is a pretty complex language and that direct translation often doesn't make sense, I made sure the maps from 02village onward are translated with care, including presevration of some jokes and word play, which had to be altered a little to make sense in english. Also 02village story in particular was revised by Paci himself, to tie in more with the changed story, when he updated all the maps back in the day he forgot to update few of
the messages in czech in 02village, making a bit confusion in the story because the story was slightly changed in later developement. But the current 02village translation does account for it for example. It's such little things like that, but in the end lots of effort went into it. You will never get the proper story from quick translations, besides the .int method is the correct way because it doesn't require admins to install mutators and stuff, admin can just place it on his server in system directory and it will work. Also the files with old_ in its name were from the alternate versions I kept/released, which were based on the old versions of the map, as the intro was once very different and featured a different story and lines. Either way, speaking of which, why the hell are all masterunreal's posts gone? I remember clearly that when I released the translation he posted in this thread and said that he enjoyed it and it finally made sense to him. Why would he remove all his posts? I don't get it anymore
That is, he didn't delete all of his posts but that particular one is missing for some reason.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Okay I forgot that I made a different thread for the rys translation release, where was the post so no post was deleted in the end. I am finishing up the Stargate translation btw, I might be able to transfer the files today still.
EDIT: Can't transfer them today yet, but they are at least finished and ready.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Thanks a lot Leo(T.C.K.),now just the rys translation release and all will be well.
That's gonna take a long while, for thee rys, because the story there is much more complex and much more messages are involved.

seeker3

Mar 8, 2010
Abbotsford BC
As long as your still working on it Leo(T.C.K.),I can wait.I just wish there were more translators and that I knew Czech so I could help out too. Would a program/plugin like ImTranslator work?