StarGate & RyS: Czech to English translator needed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Integration

Sep 7, 2010
These map packs are still not reviewed on UnrealSP.org, because the messages are not written in English. I would be very glad to find a voluntary from Czech Republic for translating some text files, so that everybody can follow the story line.

For Lion(LS)'s Stargate Talisman, about 100 sentences are needed to be translated.

What voluntaries have to do:
Download this zip: http://www.filefront.com/17530071/lssg.zip
In that zip, you will find *.int files, which should be opened with a text editor such as Notepad.
They contain lines like
[TranslatorEvent0]
Message=JDI DO KONFERENCNI MISTNOSTI.TAM DOSTANES DALSI ROZKAZY.
You have to translate everything after the '=' (that means don't change Message= or the text in [brackets])

For Paci's Redeem Your Space, it would be MUUUCH more work. Leo(T.C.K.) has already done it partially.

@Leo(T.C.K.): Please don't be angry, that I haven't informed you personally about my intention. Perhaps you could help me by posting this on an Unreal related Czech website.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
You don't have any idea how much I would like for someone else to jump on the project since I lost the translated files back then. I have put the translation on hold and I can't keep up with other projects as well due to my health problems and being too busy otherwise. But it's gonna be a long long haul. I wanted to translate LionLS pack as well, and I posted it at czech unreal related forums before, nobody volunteered really I ended up to be the one taking the job for RyS (after an attempt by Mr Paci himself, but his english skills are far poorer than mine, no offense). And those forums are rather dead nowadays.

Last edited:

Integration

Sep 7, 2010
Thank you for your reply. Sorry, I didn't know about your health issues and, that you have asked for help in Czech forums. So the chances are not good, that there will be any voluntary :(. Anyway, doing the *.int files didn't take longer than formulating the post. So I thought I give it a try. How many RyS maps have you managed to translate?

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Don't translate part1, the first planet, because that is done from most part already and I would like to finish that. But translator translation is very poor, so don't think of using that.

Integration

Sep 7, 2010
I won't translate anything, because I can't speak Czech (but probably you realized that already). Did you use a translation tool to accelerate translation (or does it even cause more work)?

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I won't translate anything, because I can't speak Czech (but probably you realized that already). Did you use a translation tool to accelerate translation (or does it even cause more work)?

No I didn't use translation tool, because it isn't acurate mostly.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Well even though google translates much better nowadays, it isn't acurate and mind you, but I bet it can translate accurately only some clear czech phrases and stuff with proper characters and stuff and spelling. The automatic translation method was tried already and it failed.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I have found a volunteer for this now, his name is Amunak, he will try to translate these probably.

Integration

Sep 7, 2010
These are good news! Please tell me, when there is something, I could do to clear Amunak of a charge (like adding google translation lines below the original lines).

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
New volunteer appeared, "spaniel" he translated maps from lssg9 and rest, while AMunak is going maps up to lssg8. I corrected few errors, but that's it, his translation is very close to original, also witht he all caps spelling, only in english it makes the main character sound a bit retarded, but meh :lol:

Well, I will upload it when amunak will send me his part also.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Uhh, he won't send me that, beacsue he translated it in his download directory and he deleted the entire directory now, without remembering that he didn't put the translation anywhere else, he was doing it in the download original directory.

This will take some more time then. :shy:

Integration

Sep 7, 2010
Sh*t happens. But that is still better than UnrealEd corrupting your maps.

A question about coop:
When a Server would demand the int-files, would it be then online in English? And if so, is there still a way to play it in Czech?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
The server needs to have the int files in system directory, then it will appear tnelgish to all palyers even if they don't have it.

Integration

Sep 7, 2010
Thank you for your reply. It seems you have created your account only for this. To avoid misunderstandings: I am talking about the custom made Singleplayer map pack Stargate. There are other Unreal mods called Stargate. There is no need to translate a custom made map pack to other languages than English. So I don't know how you or your friend could help, when you can't speak Czech.

Perhaps a Hungarian translator is needed to translate Oldunreal's 227 Patch to Hungarian.
http://www.oldunreal.com/wiki/index.php?title=Oldunreal_227_Localization_Project
http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1230578790

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
I have a friend that speaks Czech and he volunteered. Can someone export ALL RyS text to me?

EDIT: Just met him at work, he's a native Czech. That's how, all of a sudden.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Well, we got some help now apparently with RyS from someone Paci knows, but I will let you know if we need more guys for translation. As for Stargate, the first half wasn't supplied yet of the translation....

Integration

Sep 7, 2010
I don't know, if it is good to post it. But here the raw 'Redeem your Space' *.int's:
http://www.filefront.com/17655775/RySczech.zip
I haven't deleted redundant lines. And when I used the command 'dumpint', an error occured, when the map had no SpecialEvent: 'SpecialEvent has no property author/title' (which are properties of LevelInfo). I don't know, whether it has any meaning.

I am not involved in the process of translating. But if I understood it right, Leo has already done 00intro,...,05Spire and S1SkyShip. Some other parts might have been done, too. I think, any volunteer is gladly accepted. IMHO translating RyS is 30 times as much work as translating Stargate.

P.S.: When I use unreal227 for RyS, everything works fine. But when I use ut99, it shuts down when trying to show faces with textures 'without sufficient mipmaps'. Most time this is caused by about 5 textures in MGSkin.utx. S7Gloomy uses a package called Ranstall.utx, which includes many textures 'without sufficient mipmaps'.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Expect the stargate translation to be soon btw, the work was resumed.