1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

StarCraft 2 fail.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by T2A`, Oct 11, 2008.

1. The Dopefish

The Dopefish Active Member

2. MonsOlympus

MonsOlympus Active Member

3. ilkman

ilkman The Outcast God

Its not the making money that is upsetting, its the manner in which it is made.

4. Kaleena

Kaleena Unregistered User

Yay, that's quite shocking. I can't stand anymore the way Blizzard makes money since WoW :eek:
    The amount of money they got now is just sick. They could release Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 for free or at a very low price and would still be effing wealthy :s

5. Wander

Wander kittens give Morbo gas

Money is like the dark side of the Force.

It corrupts everything that is tempted by its power.

6. MonsOlympus

/me whips out his lightsabre

7. Kaleena

Kaleena Unregistered User

We need a Yoda to help us fight the dark side :eek:

8. MonsOlympus

Super green?

Okay the circle is now complete, thats me out :p

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  9. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

:tup:!

10. Steyr

Steyr I posted in the RO-me thread
    and all I got was
    a pink username!

[​IMG]
    WHAT'S THE TAUREN CAMPAIGN CALLED?

11. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

blarlgllglglglglg

weak attempt at a murloc

12. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

We'll see how this ends up. I mean, HL2 is essentially 4 different products, when the story is all said and done, but I'm not really bothered by that. However, seeing as I wasn't exactly crapping my pants at the thought of playing the exact same game as I played ten years ago with upgraded visuals, I don't really care all that much, in the end.

~Jason

13. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

I guess it depends on the price and the content and we don't know enough about either one.

14. Anisotonic

Anisotonic New Member

Didn't they say that they were focusing on the multiplayer of SC2? So here's my take on what will happen: for around 50$, you get the multiplayer game with the 3 races, plus the first part of the campaign, lets say the terran one, and after that if you also want the zerg and protoss campaigns they would be 25 or 30$ a pop.

If the campaign was really epic, the most epic RTS campaign ever even more epic than CoH, then I would not mind such a scheme.

15. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

I started to lose interest in RTS games. I thought about MAYBE getting SC II for like $50-60. But $150? Sure the WoW investment doesn't help?

$50 isn't the amount of money valuable for a Blizzard game, when you think someone who buy WoW and plays it 2-4 months, it ends up the same amount of money and around you'd pay for that silly trilogy.

Black Sheep Wall
    Show Me The Money
    ???
    Profit

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  16. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

Meh I got way more than $150 worth out of both Diablo2 and Starcraft so I don't really care. I'll also bet there's more to it than it seems, but even if there isn't that's epic. :lol:

/Blizzard fanboy

17. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

Yeah? How do they pay their bloated staff and dev teams when WoW dies out?

Clearly Blizzard need to start setting up the foundations to support their company before it's success destroys itself.

As it is it seems they're trying something slightly new to expand upon a universe that the fan base(presumably the people who matter in this situation) want to see more of.

It's nice that T2A has found another reason he thinks justifies pirating. "It costs too much" yeah... that'll be the one that stands up best in court.

Has the game and it's campaigns been priced yet? Are we really complaining that all three factions are given focused in depth and supposedly "epic" storylines? Surely we like more content in our games and if this is true surely if we like Terran, Zerg or Protoss we might like to see more of them.

Untill it's out i think it's good that they're trying something different with a gametype i personally find quite dull but presumably more expansion = more Blizzard cinematics and more starcraft lore. Would we have moaned and justified pirating if Valve mentioned before hand that Half Life 2 would be serialised?(Even though technically we did bitch and moan about steam but that's not relevant)

18. SlayerDragon

SlayerDragon LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES

So, uh, any word on the price of this?

19. BillyBadAss

BillyBadAss Strong Cock of The North

Are you ****ing kidding me? :mad:

20. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

bleh... starcraft1's campaign was the best RTS campaign I ever played. These news sound like some corporate accountant earned himself a payraise : /

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008