StarCraft 2 fail.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kaleena

Unregistered User
Feb 17, 2008
Blizzard takes in more money a month than some small countries' entire net worth. D:
Yay, that's quite shocking. I can't stand anymore the way Blizzard makes money since WoW :eek:
The amount of money they got now is just sick. They could release Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 for free or at a very low price and would still be effing wealthy :s

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
Money is like the dark side of the Force.

It corrupts everything that is tempted by its power.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Super green?

Okay the circle is now complete, thats me out :p

Last edited:

Steyr

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
ss79.jpg

WHAT'S THE TAUREN CAMPAIGN CALLED?

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
We'll see how this ends up. I mean, HL2 is essentially 4 different products, when the story is all said and done, but I'm not really bothered by that. However, seeing as I wasn't exactly crapping my pants at the thought of playing the exact same game as I played ten years ago with upgraded visuals, I don't really care all that much, in the end.

~Jason

Anisotonic

Jan 21, 2008
Montréal
Didn't they say that they were focusing on the multiplayer of SC2? So here's my take on what will happen: for around 50$, you get the multiplayer game with the 3 races, plus the first part of the campaign, lets say the terran one, and after that if you also want the zerg and protoss campaigns they would be 25 or 30$ a pop.

If the campaign was really epic, the most epic RTS campaign ever even more epic than CoH, then I would not mind such a scheme.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I started to lose interest in RTS games. I thought about MAYBE getting SC II for like $50-60. But $150? Sure the WoW investment doesn't help?

$50 isn't the amount of money valuable for a Blizzard game, when you think someone who buy WoW and plays it 2-4 months, it ends up the same amount of money and around you'd pay for that silly trilogy.

Black Sheep Wall
Show Me The Money
???
Profit

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Meh I got way more than $150 worth out of both Diablo2 and Starcraft so I don't really care. I'll also bet there's more to it than it seems, but even if there isn't that's epic. :lol:

/Blizzard fanboy

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Yay, that's quite shocking. I can't stand anymore the way Blizzard makes money since WoW :eek:
The amount of money they got now is just sick. They could release Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 for free or at a very low price and would still be effing wealthy :s

Yeah? How do they pay their bloated staff and dev teams when WoW dies out?

Clearly Blizzard need to start setting up the foundations to support their company before it's success destroys itself.

As it is it seems they're trying something slightly new to expand upon a universe that the fan base(presumably the people who matter in this situation) want to see more of.

It's nice that T2A has found another reason he thinks justifies pirating. "It costs too much" yeah... that'll be the one that stands up best in court.

Has the game and it's campaigns been priced yet? Are we really complaining that all three factions are given focused in depth and supposedly "epic" storylines? Surely we like more content in our games and if this is true surely if we like Terran, Zerg or Protoss we might like to see more of them.

Untill it's out i think it's good that they're trying something different with a gametype i personally find quite dull but presumably more expansion = more Blizzard cinematics and more starcraft lore. Would we have moaned and justified pirating if Valve mentioned before hand that Half Life 2 would be serialised?(Even though technically we did bitch and moan about steam but that's not relevant)

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
bleh... starcraft1's campaign was the best RTS campaign I ever played. These news sound like some corporate accountant earned himself a payraise : /

Last edited: