Star Trek: First Contact

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Never really heard about that one. Was it on Unreal Engine 3 or something or not related?
On the DS9 game Eric Reuter worked though (who used to be a level designer in Unreal prior March 1998 and despite his returns in cancelled addonpack and unreal psx he never got any levels released for the original Unreal - aside the UPSX rework vortex rikers levels now). T. Eliot Cannon used to work on DS9 The Fallen too but eventually left the team, believe being effectively replaced by Ilya Isaykin (who also worked on Unreal PSX coincidentaly), both guys had similar style of design though and their maps usually stood out, so I guess it's not surprising the choice.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
I thought the Elite Force games were pretty nice, especially the first one which even fixed up the cut-out features of id Tech 3 - and used them a lot - features such as skeletal meshes (as MDR), detail textures, and flares.

Also this image of Star Trek First Contact always stuck out in my head since '98, because he's cute: and the phaser which appears held like a flashlight is horrendous. Also it looks like SoftDrv, and voxels couldn't be done 3d accelerated then since so many different chipsets didn't support directly writing to the screen buffer since 3d was still is early in the infancy... Most of the development strictly used the later regressed 8-bit softdrv renderer anyhow.

borg.jpg

thankfully Raven got to do the borg in their game to a prominent but not dominant level, and had an assimilation gametype to go with it later in a patch :p. They also originally intended to make a STTNG game, but switched to Voyager for the sake of creative freedom that doesn't soil the canon of STTNG... fortunately leads us to things they couldn't have had otherwise, like hostile Klingons!

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
There was an entire archive of images i got from somewhere though, it must be on my laptop filesystem but it's inacessable at the moment. I can take a look once I can, unless someone else finds it. It might still be floating out there though. It was mostly focused on the maps those screenshots only few had the voxel shit.
I haven't actively looked for those but perhaps it's not that hard to find still. Think it was posted on multiple forums even.

Last edited: