[Sports] Super Bowl XL

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Synastren

Explodious!
Jun 22, 2001
KU
So, what are your thoughts as this thing unfolds?

Though I'm somewhat for the Stealers, I feel that the reviewed touchdown should have been overturned. The ball didn't break the plane, I think, before he hit the ground...

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Steelers up 7 to 3! Fuçk Mike Holgram!

EDIT: Also, Syn, the ball was in the goal when it was in mid-air, that's all the officials needed to see.

Also, I'm not really looking forward to the Stones.

Last edited:

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
:lol: I couldn't believe my ears, the Stones were OUT OF TUNE.

Synastren

Explodious!
Jun 22, 2001
KU
It appears that the Seahawks have lost their concentration.
[ed]And the Bowl.[/ed]

Last edited:

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
_Zd_Phoenix_ said:
Well, dunno if I'll be watching another of them (UK audience shrinks to 3). Sort of entertaining for the show, but as a game Rugby kicks its arse.

At this moment I could care less is rugby is better or some crap. THE STEELERS JUST FRIGGIN WON THE SUPER BOWL KIDS! HELL YES!!

Oh man, I'm so happy. I've been waiting most of my childhood for this.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Or as I noticed tonight: After the Janet fiasco they seem to be pulling out all the older rockers lately. I'll bet next year will be Aerosmith, Elton John, The Who, Queen or U2 (again)

togmkn said:
The Stones were alright. Paul McCartney was better.

allanon103

Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
As games go, that wasn't really that exciting. Sloppy play by both teams, especially Seattle. I thought that they were the better team for a lot of the game, but they just couldn't capitalize on their opportunities. Also, what the hell were they doing at the ends of both halves?

Best play of the game (for me) was Big Ben rolling out and stopping right at the line of scrimmage for the 28 yard pass to Hines Ward.

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
Wow.

Not that I don't like the Steelers, I do.

But huge bad calls turned this game around.

1. Pass interference called in the end zone negating the Seahawks touchdown which wasn't pass interference.

2. Rothies touchdown was not a touchdown, ball never passed the plane.

3. Seahawks get the catch on the one yard line called back for a hold that wasn't a hold.

It's a shame to me that there are such issues with the refs, but I guess it's unavoidable with the pace of the game and the amount of things they have to continually attempt to monitor.

-I_AM

Synastren

Explodious!
Jun 22, 2001
KU
I AM{skullface} said:
2. Rothies touchdown was not a touchdown, ball never passed the plane.
From what I understand, the ball only had to touch the plane; it was clear that it never broke the plane. I think that the ball touched the edge of the plane, though. I'm not entirely sure myself.

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
Synastren said:
From what I understand, the ball only had to touch the plane; it was clear that it never broke the plane. I think that the ball touched the edge of the plane, though. I'm not entirely sure myself.
Or, the replay was so unconclusive that the ref couldn't overturn the call.

Either way, it was a fairly unexciting game. Nice to see Bettis hold that trophy.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
DaBeatard said:
Or, the replay was so unconclusive that the ref couldn't overturn the call.

Exactly the point.

Not the best game. It came down to whoever was the least sloppy.

BTW - bad calls happen. It's the nature of the game. Truth is, though, Seattle had PLENTY of opportunities to overcome the bad calls, and failed to do so. There were more instances of them looking like they didn't know what they were doing than there were bad calls.

With all that said, I enjoyed the game for the simple fact that New England wasn't in it.

/me looks at DaBeatard, winks, and laughs

;)

Decibel

Carpe Imperium
Nov 11, 2005
Netherlands
www.clanci.net
Watched this game as well. First time I ever saw it to be honest.
Some nice runs, and hard tackles.
Still I'd expected more action, there are a lot of time-outs, interruptions and stuff...
I'm not a huge fan of the Stones either, eventhough it was a nice show (but I must say that I found the sound quality, atleast of the vocals, not that great).
Then I had a blast with most of the commercials, they really put some effort in it. Is that with all your commercials? Or just with this game?
So all in and all it wasn't a complete waste of sleepingtime, not something I'd do again soon though.

Ow on another note, this was more exciting to watch than Bush's second election (not talking about the result this time). Just that we watched the entire night, and at 9am CET there still wasn't a final result... That was boring...