So they nerfed hitscan in ut3, but look at this

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pser

Jan 29, 2008
This is a google video of some higher level players on deck17 duel

De'Pain vs Rythem

All they do is running away spamming shock instead of sniper now. 5:4 after 15mins.

Fixed?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Have you simply never watched a competitive match on any game before? This is how ALL games end up in 1v1. The point is to not die, so of course you are going to run away if you might die.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Plus, it's freaking Deck. Most confrontations on that map, which is bad for 1v1, are going to start off at a mid or long range. Would you prefer them to spam rockets across the map until one of them gets a hit?

Pser

Jan 29, 2008
Actually even UT2004 scores were usually higher than that. :) Hello its less than a frag per minute.

Would you prefer them to spam rockets across the map until one of them gets a hit?
No, but many ppl stated that the game was way too hitscan heavy and way too much running away. Doesnt seem anything has changed. Whats next, remove 1on1, or maybe remove the ability to run backward? :D I could imagine Epic doing it.

Plus, it's freaking Deck
Yes. So the problem may lie in bad maps, and not in changing weapon balance again and again.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Did you watch high level 1v1s in UT2004? Because they were even more boring than watching that.

J3FF

teH SEXiest man alive!
Jan 23, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
www.nimbleminds.eu
No, but many ppl stated that the game was way too hitscan heavy and way too much running away. Doesnt seem anything has changed.

This wasnt clever either - sorry (edited).

The rockets take 100 damage per projectile!
You can load it up to 3 (300 hit points), compare that to a sniper bullet or a shock beam!

They did change a lot, don't say that I like it tho ;)

Last edited:

Pser

Jan 29, 2008
"That" had a scoutcast. Other then that it was absolutely the same sorry.

Pser

Jan 29, 2008
J3FF
Edited: actually i better delete it, as its not constructive. They didnt fire a triple rocked once in a whole time IIRC.

Last edited:

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
The gameplay of UT3 is just fine, it just has technical and interface issues. The Sentinel match they do after that is much more exciting and less hitscan.

I saw a few triple rox.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Actually even UT2004 scores were usually higher than that. :) Hello its less than a frag per minute.
Which proves that hitscan is nerfed. Scores are higher in UT2004 because hitscan is dominant, while here it isn't. Given the same map and scale and whatnot, scores will be lower in UT3 since long-range kills won't happen as often. And it's not just that hitscan was nerfed but that movement speed and air control went up, making it harder to hit people regardless. Theoretically, the UT3 sniper is more powerful than UT2004's lightning because it's the same damage with a faster rate of fire. Another plus to having shock out all the time is that it's the most versatile weapon (still). The cores and combos are very powerful, so even if the beam alone isn't enough to dominate, it's worth having the weapon out all the time because of its versatility.

Last edited:

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Should also mention the shields vs the old styled armour as well hey, from what I know the old style armour blocks alot more damage than the shields did especially in regards to the helmet which can block a headshot from the sniper.

I do think its funny people seem to narrow hitscan down to sniper/shock, if anything combo's are just as much spam as rockets, now sure you have to hit it with the hitscan to make the combo but the core itself is a projectile. Dont forget the miniprim and linkbeam :p god forbid they go for a dual enforcer kill :lol:

Rather boring if you ask me, I watched halfway through sentinel and gave up. Decent 1vs1 map though I rekon sentinel, its good to see there is a code there for not grabbing the udam or deemer (dunno how long that lasted) I did that the other night just left the udam out there but no one else was going for it (tdm as well) :S

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Sorry, but this argument fails. All three of those maps were won by prediction combos or rocket battles, NOT hitscan.

One reason those matches were so slow was that Rythem is apparently a very defensive player. Watch a game with xDBS vs somebody else like him and you'll see some real action.