Snow 2009/10 thread!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
It's still snowing here in the Boston area. I'll take some pics when I go unbury my car.

thewalkingman

ssssssssssss bugger!
Nov 12, 2000
Quahog
Visit site
I found this last week here in Phoenix.
34illp0.jpg

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Fourth day of snow here. Had about 10-15 cm. Which isn't bad for these parts. Usually we get a lot less, and it only lasts a day. So, this is exceptional.

Coldest part of the country was somewhere in the south-east, at night freezing -18 °c. Same as last year. Around here we had a mere -5°c. Day temperature -1/2

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Same system that hit us.

My car was almost stuck. Spent the night at a friend's house after drinking and movie watching and I tried to head out today around 3:00pm. I spent 15 minutes excavating the car by hand, including some snow in front of it, only to make it about two feet as I pulled away from the curb before getting stuck. Stupid FWD economy car that weighs 2000 lbs. D:

Then I helped push a car that got stuck going up the same road I was trying to go down. After a bit more rocking back and forth between first gear and reverse I managed to start floating down the road. Then when I went to park near my place (the alley to the back was blocked) my front wheels slid sideways into the snow-packed curb. Don't think I'm going anywhere for awhile.

Good times.
My car is still stuck. It got halfway down the driveway this morning even after I did the shoveling last night and it's not going anywhere today. I've tried for about an hour. :c

I had to call out of work because even if I did manage to get the car off my driveway, the streets are sitting in about 2 feet of snow and I don't feel like getting my car stuck in the middle of the street.

BlackFish

ginger synther hipster
May 9, 2004
we had a nasty storm in NYC yesterday. First real snow storm in a while here.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
My car is still stuck. It got halfway down the driveway this morning even after I did the shoveling last night and it's not going anywhere today. I've tried for about an hour. :c

I had to call out of work because even if I did manage to get the car off my driveway, the streets are sitting in about 2 feet of snow and I don't feel like getting my car stuck in the middle of the street.
That reminds me of the time last year when the roads in the neighborhood I was in were still covered in ice and I couldn't get my car to move. If I could have gotten out of the 'hood it would've been completely fine but I couldn't get my car from out in front of my house. That was the day a local brewery invited us all to sample their beers so I was the only one who didn't get to go. :[

With this storm I think central VA didn't even get half of what some other areas got. The Appalachian mountains usually dulls most of our snowfall. My roommate said his parents out in Roanoke or maybe Charlottesville got two feet whereas we got less than half that. D:

The sad thing is I probably can't even call out of work because I live seven blocks away from the office. One of my bosses lives south of the city, though, so maybe he'll have troubles getting in on Monday and we'll all get a free pass. :p

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
There was a weather-alert because of the snow today ...
I guess people have forgotten what a real winter used to be like last century, so now everyone panics at the sight of a mere 10 centimeter of snow.

And apparently the trains for the channel-tunnel got stuck because of the cold weather ... I mean seriously, who designed that thing ?
It's almost like the concepts of winter, cold, ice and snow have been forgotten completely.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Thaw has set in yesterday. Unfortunately it gets colder when the evening draws near, so then the remains start to freeze. Damn dangerous outside.

So, that's five days of snow. Usually we get one/two. Mostly one.