Snow 2009/10 thread!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
I made a snowman!

Still snowing here right now. That's about 15 hours straight snow fall, which is officially the longest snowfall I've ever seen. The UK is getting dumped on in fairly epic fashion (for the UK anyway). Apparently it's going to hit -8C here (West Surrey) tonight, which is an unbelievable temperature for this part of the UK.

I know the Northern Europeans and Americans might laugh at us screaming about snow, but in the last 11 months I've seen more snow than I have in the previous 29 years of my life. It's already looking like it's the coldest winter for a generation. So excuse us if we freak out slightly on this one :)

Very thankful that I just invested in some new boots (Magnum Elite II Leather). It's the kind of weather where having boots that are waterproof and insulated is a distinct advantage...

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
Snow, what snow?

attachment.php

That was taken yesterday, thankfully the stuff that was forecast for last night fell further south.

Attachments

• wotsnow.jpg
    wotsnow.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 83

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I live in Bournemouth in the uk. Despite the weather warnings not an inch of snow. :( towns and villages not twenty miles away are snowed in.
Also despite the lack of snow the office is half empty and some people have gone home "just in case". My project manager has been watching live satellite feeds of cloud patterns all day. Yet not an inch!

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Man in Denmark they got 50cm up north. In a way I would love that kind of snow down here and at the same time I don't :p

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
[SCREENSHOT]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/4251693806_32264d7b1b_o.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

:D

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
^ Nice. (whoops, I specifically meant slainchild's image. Very peaceful..) There isn't any snow, for the moment.

We're expecting a "mere" 10 cm of snow this weekend.
Temperatures below 0. -5..-10 in the south I believe.

Last edited:

Soulwax

Amberlamps
Jul 8, 2009
Belgium
I haven't felt this kind of cold in years. -10°C wind chill. My daily walk from the train station to school is a ****ing nightmare, even though it's only 10 minutes.