Skaters/Boarders of BuF Unite!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fuct

Who is Adam King?
Jul 8, 2000
The Diamond Sea
el Gato said:
er, you said it first, I_AM:

;) :)

AMMAGETSVM, what movie are you talking about? Lords of Dogtown? Because I'll be there. :tup: :)

Lords of dogtown? Is that the sequel to the original Dogtown movies?

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Wow how did I miss this one!

I used to be sponsored by 2 skate shops and a little New Jersey based deck company called Bad Okole. I was going amateur for SHUT skates in N.Y.C. years ago until a pretty bad ankle snap ruined any hope of future competitive skating. (Just couldn't get my board control back after that one)

Hopped on my first skinny plastic banana-board when I was like 10. Skated til' I was 25 or so. Skated in over NY/NJ local competitions. (All Street skating)
Injuries:
3 concussions
Broken right clavicle (shoulder bone)
Broken right arm
broken left forearm
horrible wrists now from too many slams when I was younger.
Knees that crack louder than a balloon popping when I squat down.
Numerous broken toes.
Broken tibia and fibula in my right foot. The one that ended my competitive skating.

Would I do it all again?

HELLS YES!!!!!!

Fav Skaters:
Ed Templeton
Jason Lee (Yes he was a pro skater b4 becoming an actor)
Mike Vallely (But only his skating. He's a complete ******* and his attitude is the suckiest ever)
DaeWon Song
Jim Theibaud
Brian Lotti
Frankie Hill (cuz' he used to go HUGE on everything)
Lance Mountain (cuz' he's a funny mofo)

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
Nice BooGiTyBoY! My ankles are soupy also, but I've had far fewer injuries than you. I do have a big scar on my chin from a faceplant on a half pipe though. :)

I also remember Jason Lee the skater. And yes, Lance Mountain is a funny mofo. I'm sure you've seen the old vid of himself and Blender skating Blender's house, literally in the house, with ply throughout? That kicks ass.

My favs: Tony Alva, Neil Blender, Steve Alba, Jason Jesse.

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
Fuct said:
Lords of dogtown? Is that the sequel to the original Dogtown movies?

No, it's a flick based on Tony Alva and Stacy Peralta and the original Z-Boys. Check it here. I'm fairly certain Peralta has a hand in it, possibly directing. So it should be pretty true to life.

It's out June 3rd in the States.

BooGiTyBoY

el Gato said:
I'm sure you've seen the old vid of himself and Blender skating Blender's house, literally in the house, with ply throughout? That kicks ass.

Wasn't that for one of the Santa Cruz vids? Wheels of Fire was it? Or PP's Public Domain? (Didn't Public Domain start with Lance doing a wilson on his board, then chasing it down the road for like 5 miles? lol)

And as far as the injuries go, my motto when I used to skate was "go fast, go big"
I was the type of guy who would start pushing at least 20 feet behind everyone else, and would rather do backside 180's down 12 stairs all day while my buds were doing lil' kickflips and shove-its down 5. :D

Fuct

Who is Adam King?
Jul 8, 2000
The Diamond Sea
Haha you're crazy boogity boy. I used to love going big, the feeling of accomplishment after landing a trick down a set of stairs is simply awesome. But since my ankles has turned to mush I just skate around and do little ollies on curbs and sidewalks.

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
BooGiTyBoY said:
Wasn't that for one of the Santa Cruz vids? Wheels of Fire was it? Or PP's Public Domain? (Didn't Public Domain start with Lance doing a wilson on his board, then chasing it down the road for like 5 miles? lol)

It was one of the old Bones Brigade vids, maybe the original.

Those Santa Cruz vids, Wheels of Fire then Streets of Fire, were some of my favorites at the time. And Hokus Pokus, I saw that one and was :eek:, especially at Matt Hensley (sp?)

Ah, those were the days... :)

I was never one to go big on my skate. Biggest was probably a 6 stair gap. I would do pop shuvits and some weird* step-off shuvits down those.

*weird because I was the only one doing them. Not sure why.

BooGiTyBoY

Search for Animal Chin! MWAHAHHAHAHAA
BIG FAT STALEFISH!!!!

Those vids you mentioned also remind me of some other favs....

Matt Hensley was a rockin skater trickwise, but I hated his hunchback stick your wrist out at a wierd angle style.
Julien Stranger from the Santa Cruz vids ruled. He was a smoothie alright. He had the definition of "gluefoot" down pat.
Oh and Jeremy Klein. He was a monster on street. Also had that kinda hunched over foogleh style though. :D

I miss those days. I still mess around on my buddies board sometimes. And my best friend's 6 year-old has one of those little ass mini-boards. I actually kick-flipped it and 360 pop-shoved-it. So at least I can still do something I guess. :)

Now I just play lots of Tony Hawk Pro Skater and I treat every UT2004 map like a skatepark, my shield-gun being my deck. :)

Last edited:

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
I remember Stranger. He did kick ass.

Funny you mentioned skating in UT maps. If I could program, I'd love to make a skate mod for UT, taking classic levels and adding all kids of ramps and rails.

All I do anymore is go fast and carve. With a few ollies and shuv-its. And bert slides :p :D

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
AMMAGETSVM said:
So we've established that one way or another, we are skaters in our autumn years.
how will we ever go about filling that void?

I'm gonna teach my kids to skate. Seriously. :D

Cruising does it for me. I'd ride a half or snake run if available, but there is nothing in my area.

Hydrus

is lost
Jul 19, 2004
Heh,

With summer gearing up i thought i'd finally try and start skating again. But, currently i have a £30 board which i'm not actually sure is any good. One of the wheels keeps falling off... Anyway, any recommendations for a decent board?

w00p

Windows at its best
Buy a DNA!
I remember mine and it wa sthe best deck I ever had.

Damn you all, now I feel like skating again.
I think I'll go and freestyle a bit in my backyard, wearing worn addidas sneakers and a deck thats aprox 4 years old...

Last edited:

Leonardo

Old fart on top the mountain.....
jetgrindbanner.jpg

Time for some serious grindage eh?