Should I Buy UT2003?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I know about that quote, Doc. I wrote it.

I transcribed it word for word from a Gamespot video interview.

Based on comments that have been made by other Epic representatives since the time of that interview, I'm not so sure that Jay was saying that there would physically be a UT2005 and UT2006 so much as he was saying that they were already working on ideas for the next game(s). Much like any developer would do. Since that time, Cliffy and Mark Rein have both stated as much.

And you may not realize it, but you DO pop in to threads constantly to add nothing more than a dig at this game, UT2004, Epic, and who knows what else. You can do the research for yourself, you'll see that I'm right if you're objective about it.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Back on topic.

If I were you Rzn, I would spend the money on Unreal2 and download the XMP 'patch'. There are alot more players playing pubs in that game than 2k3.

Plus XMP is really alot of fun, there are lots of Newbs playing it and you get crazy high scores for doing gawd knows what.......

atropos

The One and Only
Aug 24, 2003
Belgium
If you have played a while on the UT2003 Demo, just keep playing it, it's only a matter of weeks before the UT2004 Demo comes out. Then there won't be any players playing on UT2003 server. Everyone will be playing onslaught and performing Road kills.

Pope

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
Should I buy UT2k3?
YES! consume, acquire, get, invest, market, obtain, pay for, procure, purchase, redeem, score, secure, shop for, take! Don't miss your chance, don't get left out in the cold, the rest of us have it! You must have it too!
:D

Last edited:

[Ci]Slag

Nov 12, 2003
www.slagslair.com
Yes, go for it. As Loibisch said, it will be good for you to have all the tools/skills available so you can hit the road running when UT2004 comes out.

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
After my Asian Studies final tonight I'm gonna go down to Best Buy® and grab myself a copy of Unreal® Tournament™ 2003, for the low price of $20! Seems like that's the price it is almost everywhere.

As for U2, I'm not to impressed with it. I might not even get that.