1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Share Your Old Hardware

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by Scumgrief, Jul 15, 2003.

1. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

Leonardo I got some AGP Cards (all 256MB):

-eVGA nVidia GeForce FX 5500
    -ATI Radeon 9550 (hardcore gamers stay away from this card)
    -PowerColor ATi Radeon 9250
    -PowerColor ATi Radeon 9600 Pro

Electrolyte I might have a CD-R/RW somewhere, but I gotta go look first and i'll get back to you.

Anyone here got a mobo that supports socket 478?

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  2. Buglunch

Buglunch Moog maniac

Always get a couple of floppy drives for spare- they are invaluable for small files and won't be around much longer.

How are ATI drivers nowadays? Might get a 9600Pro or the GForce 5600 elsewhere and someday a TV-Out Voodoo 5 5500.

An LG 48X CD drive is great- the 52Xs go too fast and can be a hazard. My five-year-old LG CD burner is still great, but i have to optimize the drivers and cable-slaving and up my power supply.

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  3. Sahkolihaa

Sahkolihaa Ow...

They're absolutely crap.

4. Sahkolihaa

Sahkolihaa Ow...

Sorry for double post but I have an ATI X850XT PE AGP spare if anyone wants it. There's only one problem with it, sometimes (rarely) on bootup the screen will be garbled and will continue to stay at it even in Windows. Simply rebooting the system fixes it.

If someone wants this, you're going to have to give me a damn good reason to send it (you'll have to pay shipping too).

5. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

How much would the shipping be for the FX 5500? DNB I'm checking now for the Mainboard as well. I *will* PM as soon as I get nibble from sources.

6. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

I wouldn't mind the 9600. I may also have a 478 Mobo spare when i upgrade depending if I have to give it to my brother or something.

I have a 300w PSU somewhere if anyone wants it.

7. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

*thinks of damn good reason*

My brother really wants to have a computer capable of running newer games including UT2007 when it comes out and would really appreciate this.

*sadly not a great reason, but there we go...*

What make is it?

8. Hunter

no idea, just one the came in a case when I first got my machine about 5 years ago, was still going strong before I needed to stick a 550w in.

9. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

Ok. I might have to change the cooling on the card, though. I also now have a spare X1300 AGP. Just found out those series of cards dont work on Dell comps.

EDIT::

Yea I definately have to change the cooling on it. Anyone here got RDRAM (perferabally modules that are 256+)?

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  10. Hunter

Looks like I have an Aero Lite Heatsink & Fan for a 3.2Ghz Socket 478 P4 going spare as my upgrade is taking me to a 3.8Ghz 775 P4. So anyone wants it they are welcome. Just cost of postage to cover :D

11. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

Good News / Bad news
    Good news is My P4 3 gig Machine is home ! YAY! with a gig of ram!
    Bad news is it has an AGP Slot and I need a 256 AGP that will Handle UT3 ok not HIGH setting meduim/Meduim low.....

12. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

Anyone with a good gaming headset? The left channel on mine no longer works.

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  13. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

Sorry for the double post, but asking if anyone has a CRT or LCD monitor not in use. Starting to see weird splotches on mine, but it is 8 years old so maybe its time. Preferably 19 inches, and I do not need a widescreen. Willing to handle the shipping.

14. GG-Xtreme

GG-Xtreme You are a pirate!

I have a 21" Dell Trinitron that I haven't used in a while, but I'm not sure if I can part with it, so I'll contact you later if I have an offer.

15. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

Thanks for the offer. I might prefer LCD, but at the moment I will take anything.

16. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

Anyone here willing to take a defective 80gig PS3...wont start up here. I emailed Sony, only thing is the console itself (where the warranty sticker is) looks like someone opened it before I got it.

17. Evill_Bob

Evill_Bob Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer

Well, I don't anyone wants and old iMac that hasn't worked since I found it snuck into some PCs I bought long ago or those 2 megabyte RAM sticks... so... carry on!

18. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

Anyone got any 2.0 or 2.1 speakers? Mine are I think 7 years old and now the left one is out.

19. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

Anyone know what to do with a 600 mHz Celeron PC? I have an old eMachine I'm looking to ditch. Came with Windows ME, and the Live CD for Ubuntu 8.10 ran fine so I assume it'll work with that distro. System has been upgraded to 192 MB RAM with an 80 GB IDE HDD.

I'll gladly hand it off to someone living in the greater Boston area, or if anyone knows if places like Goodwill take PC components, I'd be more than willing to let them deal with it.

I've also got a Hercules GeForce 2 Ti AGP card I'm looking to get rid of and maybe some other random hardware that's been sitting around doing nothing.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  20. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

[​IMG]