UE1 - UT Setting a wav file to be imported as a looping sound

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
I have searched for ways to do this and found that sound editing programs do it by adding the cue points in wav files but nothing happens once I import it to the game with either the editor or ucc. The programs that I've used are GoldWave and MOD Tracker and I would like to know if it is possible to make a wav file to loop using any of these programs with a simple explanation on how to do it properly, and I dont mean to make them loop in the programs.

what I need to know is if there is a command that sets the wav file to auto loop like the Minigun's fire sound or the AmbientSounds. I always wondered how the default sounds were edited to loop automatically and wondered if it was some simple hack in the file itself or maybe just a command that can set it up. So, if anyone here knows how to make this possible and has got it imported in the game to loop as AmbientSounds, please give me hand on this.

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
It's saved as "sampler information" in the wav file so you need an editor which can write that info, I've used sound forge in the past but there must be others which can do the same. This is mentioned on the wiki here. Sorry can't help with the programs you're using but worst case if you upload your wavs here then I'll do the edit for you if that's any use.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Cool Edit Pro will also do this but I've found that importing it as a looped sound is the easiest. Sometimes you have to fiddle with it because the engine won't splice the loop perfectly. I've had to really screw around with the splice point to get it to smoothly loop at times.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
It's saved as "sampler information" in the wav file so you need an editor which can write that info, I've used sound forge in the past but there must be others which can do the same. This is mentioned on the wiki here. Sorry can't help with the programs you're using but worst case if you upload your wavs here then I'll do the edit for you if that's any use.
That's exactly what I was looking for, so thanks for the help.

I looked at the tutorial on that link and got confused for a while since I have the SoundForge 10 Pro. I read about this new version and found out that they took out the options that the old versions had but I found the option in this new version and got it working. Here's how you get to loop the sound on SF10 Pro for anyone else that wants to loop sounds for UT:

got to... View>Metadata>Sampler Loops

Set it to Sustaining under 'Sample Type' and the 'SustainStart, SustainEnd, SustainLength' options will open up, which is the time that you use to loop the sound. I tried the 'Sustaining with Release' option and the game doesn't seem to recognize that setting even though it works perfectly in the program. This would have been good for a rapid-triple-shot that ends with the rest of the sound as an echo using a single-shot fire sound.