ServerBots2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
Ok, I have changed the original ini

[ServerBots2.Configs]
RandomPing=False
BotsReady=False
BotsTalk=True
StartGame=True
StartDelay=0
EntryTime=20
BotSkill=4

[ServerBots2.Bots]
MyBots=(UseBot=True,Name="ProFlex",Character="Harlequin",Voice="XGame.JuggMaleVoice",Ping=90)
MyBots=(UseBot=True,Name="KaraMBa",Character="Satin",Voice="XGame.JuggFemaleVoice",Ping=68)
MyBots=(UseBot=True,Name="*******",Character="Gorge",Voice="XGame.JuggMaleVoice",Ping=86)
MyBots=(UseBot=True,Name="WarLoxx",Character="Horus",Voice="XGame.JuggMaleVoice",Ping=122)

in

[ServerBots2.Configs]
RandomPing=False
BotsReady=False
BotsTalk=True
StartGame=True
StartDelay=0
EntryTime=20
BotSkill=4

[ServerBots2.Bots]
MyBots=(UseBot=True,Name="KaraMBa",Character="Satin",Voice="XGame.JuggMaleVoice",Ping=68)
MyBots=(UseBot=True,Name="WarLoxx",Character="Horus",Voice="XGame.JuggMaleVoice",Ping=70)
MyBots=(UseBot=False,Name="Vixen",Character="Satin",Voice="XGame.JuggFemaleVoice",Ping=80)
MyBots=(UseBot=False,Name="haSBeen",Character="Gorge",Voice="XGame.JuggMaleVoice",Ping=90)

The rest of the ini I leave at it was. I hope that this works and not that it makes probs during testing.

Anyway, no bot speaks Afrikaans.

Then I found out the following:

1. I set those 2 bots and entered the server. A short time later I decided to spectate. When I was spectator another bot entered the game named Othello (usual bot). Its ping was 0 but it spoke like KaramBa.

As I then entered the game from the spec mode the usual bot stayed further on the server but suddenly it had the name "Karag" also with Ping 0 and speaking like ServerBot.

2. The bots with botskill=4 are "faster" (as gamespeed 130) and stronger as in the previous version.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Pow, if you call a Bot, like:
hey Warloxx
Does he answer you ?

I set those 2 bots and entered the server. A short time later I decided to spectate. When I was spectator another bot entered the game named Othello (usual bot). Its ping was 0 but it spoke like KaramBa.
Yes and I'm not sure how to stop this because when you goto spectate while ingame, you are not actually a spectator and ServerBots keeps the MinPlayers=5 hence another Bot appears.
I'll see if I can fix this but I dont think so.

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
I have tested it again with the settings I described above.

Anyway, no bot speaks Afrikaans.

I do not know why but know it works.

Then I have given messages to KaramBa and WarLoxx million times and KaramBa answered randomly like the ini settings in English and WarLoxx answered in Afrikaans. So I think it works.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Pow, please send me your ServerLog as I put a couple of debug loggings in this version and I need to reference them.

I am also removing the 2nd language option and am going to release this version as is, including bugs as UT2004 is not very "ServerBots friendly".

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
Server is crashing exactly after 3 maps if I install last version of ServerBots together with UT2Vote52B4. The mini server.log I send you, Ben by mail.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
For anyone who's interested in ServerBots2, I have kinda released them on my site as I often get inquiries into this mod.
I realise its a bit buggy but lets see what happens.
I've been playing with this last version since the 21st Jan and it seems pretty stable except for the odd ballsup when a player comes from being a spectator but that not often :)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
My last version is on my site http://www.proasm.com/files/ServerBots2.zip
The source code has been given to 2 other coders who asked for it and they are making several improvements to it and although I asked to be kept informed with every release, I have not been notified to date, so maybe you are seeing these improvements.
These people are:
FlyBoy - Lawrence Wordsworth ( wordsworth@pc.dk )
Christopher Meadows ( clmeadows@mail.com )

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
No, not really.
My 1.0 is basically a direct conversion from ServerBots21 for UT2003 except it also now incorporates EL Muertes Bullsh1t.