Server crash probs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
Maybe somebody could help me: :(

In the last weeks I have probs with my server crashing all 4 to 6 maps. Everytime after map switching at game end. It happens either one or more players vote the next map or the server switches by itself. Also the number of players do not matter because I have been just on the server alone, have voted for a map and it crashed at map switching. Also the kind of map does not matter (custom or standard).

Two weeks ago I have installed the server completely new and after that I have no probs for approx. 1 week but now I have the same probs as before the new installation.

the only thing I have in the log file is:

Exit: Socket shut down
Log: ProcMesh 0 shared verts.
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log:
Developer Backtrace:
Log: [ 1] ./ucc-bin [0x84bd5e1]
Log: [ 2] /lib/libpthread.so.0 [0x40029e31]
Log: [ 3] [0xffffe420]
Log: [ 4] ./ucc-bin [0x848a73f]
Log: [ 5] ./ucc-bin [0x848a73f]
Log: [ 6] ./ucc-bin [0x848a73f]
Log: [ 7] ./ucc-bin [0x848a831]
Log: [ 8] ./ucc-bin [0x84a03e9]
Log: [ 9] ./ucc-bin [0x84a063c]
Log: [10] ./ucc-bin [0x813b9b4]
Log: [11] ./ucc-bin [0x812c902]
Log: [12] ./ucc-bin [0x8146f35]
Log: [13] ./ucc-bin [0x811505a]
Log: [14] ./ucc-bin(__strtod_internal+0x32d3) [0x804e96b]
Log: [15] /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xbb) [0x4016b92b]
Log: [16] ./ucc-bin(readdir+0x99) [0x804c021]
Log: Unreal Call Stack: UObject::GetPathName <- UObject::GetPathName <- UObject::GetPathName <- UObject::GetPathName <- UObject::GetFullName <- DispatchDestroy <- DispatchDestroys <- UObject::purgeGarbage <- UObject::CollectGarbage <- Cleanup <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ServerTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 509 MByte 30 KByte 328 Bytes from HD took 15.174260 seconds (5.464550 reading, 9.709710 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.000000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Allocation checking disabled
Uninitialized: Log file closed, Mon Oct 10 20:06:45 2005

I would appreciate any kind of help :)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
This looks a lot like the problems that Nicki had in the begining and if my memory servers me correctly it was some hardware failure that eventually came to light.
As a test, in UT2Vote, in the [UT2Vote51.UT2VoteIniOnly] section, add the following:
bNoDisconnect=True

This solved Nicki's problem at the time.

Another thing you can check which is a problem I had at work about 2 months ago when our email server just started crashing randomly for what seemed like no reason.
Its a Celeron 2.4 gig and is about 3 years old.
After much scrutinizing we found that majority of the small upright "blue" capacitors on the motherboard were blown and after replacing about 10 of them, the problem stopped and is still working ok.
To see if a capacitor is blown, if you look at the top of it, it should normally be silver in color and flat with no marks.
When its blown, there are like 3 or 4 small cuts in it going from the center outwards.

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
Thanks for the quick response. :)

At first I tried an answer that you give in the General Discussion Forum to a player who has probs with

VoteMinTime=60
VoteMaxTime=60

In the past I had the same setting and no probs but maybe now it makes the anger. If that is the solution I cannot understand why it works fine for months on both of my servers. Btw, the two servers are installed on the same machine and nobody else is installed there.

I have now set it to

VoteMinTime=30
VoteMaxTime=60

I will test it a while and if that does not work I will try your tip with bNoDisconnect=True.

I could not check your hardware tip as I have the server not at home but in the data center of my server provider.

I will post the results in any way.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
hmm, are you shure, that you didn't change anything at linux itself? Sounds a bit uncommon, that the time-setting, which worked for month, causes the probleme.

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
Here my results:

VoteMinTime=30
VoteMaxTime=60

This setting has not solved the problem.

bNoDisconnect=True
Also this was not the solution.

I checked everything on the server what I am able to check but I couldn't find anything ... my server provider the same (also nothing with the hardware).

I changed nothing at linux itself (regarding Socke's idea).

The only thing what is often changed on my UT2K4 Server is the number of the custom maps. Presently I have 105 custom maps installed. I do not know how many maps were installed when the server runs without any probs (maybe 70 to 80).

Could it be that the number of maps causes my probs?

What I am wondering is ... if I install the game server totally new with the same number of maps then the server runs longer (approx. 20 to 30 maps) before it crashes the first time. After that it crashes again all 4 to 6 maps. :(

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
What do you mean with "everything"? I already installed all new and I also use the same config files ... but I also have the same probs.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
oh :(

and how about a clean setup? no mutators? and with ut2vote in standard-config? you know the story... Is it shure, that only changing the timelimit fixes the probleme?