1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sentry Studios Infiltration Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by [C22]-SpOOky, Oct 13, 2005.

1. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

Once 'low-ready' comes into play - we're going to see a whole swam of new players...

2. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

You got it!

3. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

You really seem to believe this ... :rolleyes:

4. Cunubelin

Cunubelin Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)

It's been a long haul up from the original Unreal and who knows what the future has in store for us?

I've only played Inf online on a handful of occasions and you should all be very greatful for that!
    You would be laughing yourselves silly.... (that's how bad I am ;) )

Infiltration have always been the one game I've kept coming back to. A "safe haven" of sorts.

It's so long for now it seems. Let's hope Sentry Studios find the inspiration they need AND the engine they need SOON! ;)

5. (un)l33t_1

(un)l33t_1 New Member

at what times do people typically play INF online, if they do anymore? I've been out of the loop since school started...

6. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

European times (CET) 21.00-1.00 almost every evening - sometimes 2 servers populated.

If you'r up for DTAS your best bet is sun, wed and fri.

Dunno about US habits - they mostly seem to play over here...

7. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

I know it :D. No just joxing, it is always the whole package that makes the difference.

8. Kitty.cat

Kitty.cat It'll work, just not the right way.

What is Low-Ready anyway?

9. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

about the same thing as hipped in Infiltration, but with a bit more percision on the aiming. Only some call call it low-ready for some reason.

10. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Geo, thats high-ready (shouldered).
    Low-ready is a rifle that has the buttstock still at the shoulder, but barrel poited down (no arm fatigue, no weapon collision, free headmovement, maybe faster turns, ...).

High-ready
    [​IMG]

Low-ready
    [​IMG]

11. zeep

zeep :(

Psycho 'Low-Ready' morph. :D

/jk

12. mat69

mat69 just fooling around

Interesting those soldiers are issued with woodland camo while wearing desert boots.
    Anyway.
    INF was the game I spent most time at and overall I don't want to know how much of my live was "wasted" playing this game.
    So thanks for the fun and I hope to see some of you guys during my rare matches online.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  13. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

ok. so low ready is just like the Infiltration-hipped then?

Considering I played over 100 hours of BF2 and that I barely played it compared to INF, this view is indeed scary. I would say over 3000 hours. That's like 10 months. Ouch. Please never bring up that subject again... and go play some inf.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  14. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

You gotta look at it differently:

3000 hours you were safe at home, you didn't spent money in pubs, you weren't shot or robbed by nasty individuals (at least only virtual), you made use of your expensive eletronic device you would have anyways, you weren't raped by big boob ladies...

damn, there must be more ;)

15. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

AKA Psycho 'High-Ready' morph, AKA Psycho 'Binocular-Aim' morph. :D

/jk

Yeah, that looks cool kind of. It is training, so it's not that strict about fashion.

16. leiperik

leiperik Altied Dikke hey!

i failed to get my diploma in 2001/2002 because i was just addicted to infiltration, everyday we played, we even had an infiltration marathon lasting 12 hours, damn those were the days.

And still now i enjoy the evening games of infiltration, but when i got nothing to do and really want to play inf (in the afternoon) servers are always empty, too bad..

anyway :cheers: to inf!

17. get_carter

get_carter New Member

R.I.P Infiltration. Greatest game I've EVER played. Hands-down. Thanks to the dev team, the beta team, and all the fans out there who put their blood, sweat and frags into this truly wonderful game. Many hours were played on this cult classic and I'm proud to be associated with it.

Truly, when I read this, I felt deeply saddened. The committment this team made to this game is incredible. Being only a small part of the beta team for 2.9, I got to see the meticulous attention to detail and dedication everybody put into this iteration of INF.

To me, realistic military first person shooters begin and end with Infiltration. Every semi-realistic game that I play is compared to INF and not one captures what we realists crave and need in a true simulation. I just can't put to words how this mod changed my perception of what can truly be accomplished by those that crave perfection.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  18. zeep

zeep :(

None more of that R.I.P. It's not dead.

19. Kitty.cat

Kitty.cat It'll work, just not the right way.

Yeah seriously back to saluting it for still being in service.

Teh Salute.cat:

RAOR!!!!

20. (SDS)benmcl

(SDS)benmcl Why not visit us here in the real world.

Infiltration is dead?

When did that happen?

hmm still running on my machine here. Is it still running on everyone elses machine?