1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Saturday TDM/DTAS Revival

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by StevenGarcia, Nov 28, 2008.

1. soultaker007

soultaker007 Member

Yes i played yesterday and my ping was batter.old ping was 100-110 now i have 60-70 and i am from slovenia.It was batter gameplay for me.I hope u got maxnetspeed on 20000 too_Other way u will have packet lost.20000 is minimum for 60 tick!It s to bad for ut engine don t have in original for client neetspeed 30000 with thet speed we could play 100 tick.Only way you have 30000 netspeed in client is if you change thet in infiltration.ini file.

Here you go read this this is true: http://hyper.dnsalias.net/infobase/archive/tickrate/tickrate_netspeed_facts.htm

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger -=]N[=-

Please keep real targets off :)

3. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Any special reason for this? IIRC it was active this weekend and I didn't observe any troubles (well, except for the fact that more real life hitboxes make it harder to hit someone :D)

4. Dillinger

Dillinger -=]N[=-

I've never liked RT, and you nailed it!

5. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Well, in that case I have to add that I personally prefer having harder to hit enemies to getting killed by someone shooting at a point where I'm not. So as far as I'm concerned I'd prefer RT on..

6. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

The thing I hate most about realtargets is shooting myself. Other than that I love it, and it is always active when I play offline (I see when I die due to shooting myself there).

Problem online is that ppl with a bad ping have even larger problems killing stuff.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  7. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

You can shot yourself with RT? Didn't know that. Must try today..

I actually learned to really like it [RT, not shooting myself..] when playing COOP, since there you sometimes end up having to shoot close behind a teammate, which can easily result in killing your teammate even though you are visually far enough away.

As for high-pingers having a harder time killing things - that's also true vice versa; I've heard more than one TS-teammate complain about it being hard to hit people with a high ping, something I haven't heard before on non RT servers.

8. Dillinger

Dillinger -=]N[=-

Wasn't RT causing the issue with the increased ROF on the server?

9. Biene_Maja[FOOL]

Biene_Maja[FOOL] Member

The only bug from real targets I found in the forum is the prone-bug...

10. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

I am running a mutator from Olethros (OlethrosHP.u) offline telling me which range I score hits. And when it says 0 metres (and I get hurt without any bots in the area)...;). Geogob was developing on realtargets as far as I know, and he should know this bug exists, maybe ask him if you want a second confirmation.

If you want to try it, the effect seems to be related to leaning next to some wall or other kind of map geometry. Does not happen that often but...

11. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

The bug exist with RT. Some weapon use a weird point of origin for fire tracers, causing the bullet path to hit the players own hit areas.

RT was a nice idea, but still very experimental. Problem was to match the hit areas with animations. In theory everything is ready in the latest version to do this matching up, but it never got done. Probably with a better way to visualize hit areas it would be easier to do.

Anyway, I can confirm what Lich said... there's a bug where you can on some rare occasions hit yourself. It depends on your stance and the weapon you are using. Mostly happens when you are prone.

The discrepancies between the player animations and hit zones are worse when strafing.

If i'd had to restart from scratch, I'd probably do this in a very different way. I'll find a way do attach the hit zones to the player model skeleton, if at all possible. Attachment point exist for the weapon sling animation. Maybe it's possible to extend to any skeletal points. Alternative could to cheat and replicate skeletal position point positions to move hit zones. Meh. yeah.

EDIT: actually, doing what I last said would require changing the player class, which is exactly what I was trying to avoid with RT.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  12. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :(

Why not Sunday? Well, perhaps the Inf party lasts until Sunday evening..

13. Reborn1711

Reborn1711 known as (:69:)Reborn

I'll sure come there and hope many others will do too :)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  14. Carpetsmoker

Carpetsmoker Nexus-6

omg, reborn posts!

15. AlmostAlive

AlmostAlive Active Member

Damn, it would be fun to play a few rounds again, but my computer has broken both arms and this laptop just don't have what it takes.

Maybe next time.

16. Private~Parts

Private~Parts metamorphose-tetraform

damn! 6am on Sunday for me!

17. Woden

Woden New Member

I'll show up and ruin Steve's day. :)

18. ant75

ant75 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

any chance to have some dtas going ?

19. Lt.Col.BoyHitsCar

Lt.Col.BoyHitsCar AFA Member & Beta Team Target

dang, of course its the day I work.

I have been craving some INF too, man I'm going to have to start lurking more here(even though this is still my homepage...)

20. GalZohar

GalZohar New Member

Been too busy playing Arma 2 and trying to make a random assault mission that is inspired by DTAS (except instead of controlling a randomly placed zone you need to destroy randomly placed antennas, and instead of totally random spawning having the attackers spawn between X and Y meters away from the defenders). Too bad nobody actually puts it on a server to test.