S3 Demo Levels ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hyper

Hyper.nl Unreal Services
Nov 21, 2003
Planet Earth
www.hypercoop.tk
I have the Egypt level, (second screenshot) not the space level. (first screenshot)

This level looks awesome with these super high res textures, but it's a bad map for playability. Consider it as a techdemo for S3TC in Unreal.

I haven't found any working links however.
If somebody wants to host, I am willing to upload it.
The filesize is 26.6 MB

I'm also interested in the other level. If enyone has it or knows where to download, please post it.

Y

Yellow5

I am pretty sure I have these on CD.

At the time, I was the admin @ Planetunreal and the S3 folks sent me a development CD with the levels and the texture compression tools, etc. I'll dig around for it this weekend and see what's on the CD. :)

Lise

Being a girl makes you kick more arse.
Mar 16, 2004
*whistles*

Jeez, pretty easy to see where UT2K4 comes from... even the original Unreal engine had some skank to it. Why did S3 tank so bad if they had this kind of sicko texture compression, though?

Hyper

Hyper.nl Unreal Services
Nov 21, 2003
Planet Earth
www.hypercoop.tk
Yellow5 said:
I am pretty sure I have these on CD.

At the time, I was the admin @ Planetunreal and the S3 folks sent me a development CD with the levels and the texture compression tools, etc. I'll dig around for it this weekend and see what's on the CD. :)

Sounds good. Maybe you can ask OldUnreal/NewUnreal to host it? They seem to have a lot of hosting capacity.

Y

Yellow5

I can just host them here. ;) Either way I am willing to share them out if I can find the CD.

Anyone remember the EAX levels that were released via Creative?

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
Yellow5 said:
I can just host them here. ;) Either way I am willing to share them out if I can find the CD.

Anyone remember the EAX levels that were released via Creative?

I bought a creative card which came with a special Unreal demo version, I think the EAX levels are in that.
It has special levels demonstrating the sounds.

Y

Yellow5

I have not had time to look for the CD yet, but now that my weekend is coming up I'll have 3 days to search boxes. Will post more when I find something.

Hyper

Hyper.nl Unreal Services
Nov 21, 2003
Planet Earth
www.hypercoop.tk
Okay, I found a place to host the file. Download it while it is still available!
Edit: link removed. I needed the webspace again. Check newunreal for the file.

Last edited:
Y

Yellow5

No luck finding the CD this weekend, but I still have a few places to search.