S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MrSmiles

selimsrm
Jan 8, 2005
Swizzle Firma
I'm suddenly getting a no disk error in mid game, strange.
reinstall should take care of that, just need to save my savegames.

anyone seeing any internet servers? I'm not seeing a single one.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
The game is fun and I'm liking it so far. No thing is perfect though and there is one flaw that bugs the crap out of me. The AI is supremely good at times when it comes to lobbing grenades the length of a football field and planting them directly between your legs. With a throw that long the 'nade is usually cooked up nice and good so it pretty much explodes on impact.

Lastly, they can be annoyingly accurate at long distances which makes killing them hard because you have to find a way to get closer. This one isn't a really huge issue because I've been able to kill most guys so far.

I've just now made it to Garbage so this is only a look at the start of the game.

MrSmiles

selimsrm
Jan 8, 2005
Swizzle Firma
The game is fun and I'm liking it so far. No thing is perfect though and there is one flaw that bugs the crap out of me. The AI is supremely good at times when it comes to lobbing grenades the length of a football field and planting them directly between your legs. With a throw that long the 'nade is usually cooked up nice and good so it pretty much explodes on impact.

god god they are good grenade throwers. I was just sniping some monolith off the construction site, and I'm not joking, 4 perfectly cooked grenade landed on top of me.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Yes, except CS has 1,5x more bugs then Clear Sky. BTW, I guess the opened copy was returned to Gamestop because of bugginess. My thoughts on the subject is that you guys are lucky as you already have a few patches so you can patch out (supposedly) the most annoying stuff right after you finished installing the game. Here the game was released on 16th of September and it was an epic bugfest. Lots of crashes, game being unable to start, lua-related crashes or bugs (most of them for some reason introduced by the cyrillic characters in the game's [default] path), Vista 64 users unable to launch the game because new StarForce simply doesn't work in 50% cases on Vista 64, game corrupting all save files, etc. This is the most unstable release I ever played, and there's also a plenty of bugs that just went unfixed like dialogs texts (in russian version) matching voice-over only by 65-85%. So mostly russian and ukrainian users payed their money to beta-test the game for the rest of the world.

What the hell?? Does GSC NOT have beta testers or something? This is a little retarded.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
I'm starting to think that Russian/Eastern European developers/publishers do this on purpose. :(

Both Armed Assault and Flashpoint weren't bugfree at release ...
The Witcher had similar issues and is getting an updated second release which improves graphics and it apparently fixes a lot of the problems/features in the first release as well.

It's a damned shame as both STALKER and Witcher were really cool ideas & games.

As for Witcher you have no reason to blame developers. You can just simply download a free (but quite large) patch that will update your Witcher up to Witcher Enhanced. With all the gimmicks the last one has, including two extra adventures and editor. But STALKER, which is being more like addon, not only hit all the problems the original did, but costs the same. And I don't see most of the bugs going away even after 3 patches.

god god they are good grenade throwers. I was just sniping some monolith off the construction site, and I'm not joking, 4 perfectly cooked grenade landed on top of me.

Yeah, another problem with their AI. IIRC they also have a limitless grenade supply.

What the hell?? Does GSC NOT have beta testers or something? This is a little retarded.
You pretty much summarized the feedback from russian gaming community

Last edited:

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
It sucks too cause I really like both games. I'd like to see more of them.

Overall I'm rather fortunate it seems. I've had no problems with Clear Sky so far, and had very few with Shadows of Chernobyl.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
As for Witcher you have no reason to blame developers. You can just simply download a free (but quite large) patch that will update your Witcher up to Witcher Enhanced. With all the gimmicks the last one has, including two extra adventures and editor.
really ? That's awesome news. I thought I'd had to buy the game again to get the new content. Now I'm glad I didn't. Got a link ?

But STALKER, which is being more like addon, not only hit all the problems the original did, but costs the same.
It's sold as at 'addon'-pricelevel over here (30 Euro), so it's not that expensive.

And I don't see most of the bugs going away even after 3 patches.
that would be a pity

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
And the update to the Witcher Enhanced Edition requires registration/activation of the game or it quits with an error. I'm far from being amused.

MrSmiles

selimsrm
Jan 8, 2005
Swizzle Firma
It may have bugs but damn it looks pretty (DX10 maxed 1440x900)

What bugs is everyone getting specifically, The only issue I've had so far is the occasional momentary pause, and a glitch that crashed the game when a message came on the screen. (just loaded an earlier save and it didn't happen)

ssgreg092008191751marshtb1.jpg

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
I was just looking into this game, and am considering getting it. I had planned on getting the one before this, but I never got around to it.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Whats irritating me right now is the faction wars. I'm with the Stalkers, naturally, and I'm fighting the Bandits. I made it to Garbage, and the last fortress of the bandits is the depot. Well, I've cleared that stupid place several times, got the mission clear notice and bonus, but none of my stalkers buddies will come take control of it. After a while the bandits will respawn there. uuuuggggh!! I'm ready to give up and just continue on with the main story.

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
I can´t wait to try it out.
I am waiting for my new computer to arrive, so I can finally play some newer games. In the past I tried to use my old Athlon XP2800+ single core to play Stalker. Needless to say that I did not get very far. There are some interesting discussions going on over at TTLG btw.