Riots in Paris

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Enfyrneaux

Apr 4, 2002
Later this afternoon
Visit site
namu said:
As a borderline libertarian I disagree with the curfews. I'd rather we get a temporary right to beat the **** out of any trespasser :D
For a long term solution, you guys should instate a trained militia like the Swiss. That'll deter the smart vandals...the dumb ones will just suffer consequences of Darwinian proportions.

Vers Vlees

Oohhh a custom title
Nov 30, 2002
The Netherlands
www.versvlees.owns.it
I was watching TV and they were interviewing some ppl what they tought about the riots and one them said a real funny thing about Sarkozy.
He said Sarkozy was a insane pyromaniac who liked to set on things on fire. And when the fire was raging Sarkozy would then act like the heroic Fireman so he would look good in front of the crowd

laurett

Fan of parrots
Nov 12, 2001
France
laurett.free.fr
Freon said:
It's true sadly :(
This is nonsense !
Enough with the "poor rioters, they are doing this because they are sooo sad and sooo angry !" speech.
Sarkozy is the only politician saying "these rioters are criminals and must be sent to court". And damn he's right.

Those criminals are burning cars, shops, and they are killing people !!! Why should we find them excuses ?
And is there an excuse big enough to kill people ? NO !!!

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Just heard this on the news. The ones who've burned a car down in St. Niklaas (Belgium) were 30 year old indigenes(?) autochtonen.

They were drunk, and figured it would be a cool thing to do...

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I think this is more interesting...

France seeks to extend crisis law

The French cabinet is to ask parliament to extend by three months a state of emergency aimed at tackling unrest in impoverished suburbs.
The laws, which allow local councils to impose curfews and ban gatherings, were introduced last Wednesday for 12 days.

Parliament is expected to approve the extension on Tuesday. Officials say the laws have helped to curb unrest.

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
Three months? Do they really expect the riots to go on that long?

Ooh, I get it, it's a power grab. Silly me. Of course when the riots 'amazingly' stop, this will be proof that the "emergency" powers worked.

BobCobb

Society is a leech on me!
Sep 20, 2002
The Compound
Visit site
Nah, its just a ploy so that the evil lurking in the shadows, whispering silly nothings in Jacques Chirac's ear, can take power of the new French Empire. You know, the same guy that whispered sweet nothings about the secret Iraqi reserves of cocaine to Bush.