--- Revolutionary new game to change the world ---

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Corona-Device

Oct 15, 2001
Visit site
Ok well maybe. :/

I myself am in the thinking process of designing a new game using C++ and such. I know all the HTML there is, and I have a bit of money to put fourth.

I haven't written any code yet, it's just the thinking process(You know how games take months to years to make).

But heres what it basically is:

A platform for mods.

Maps.

Unlimited capibility.

Unlimited graphic copassity(that means in 20 years this games graphics could still be unbealivible)

Im sure you can see there isn't much there.... Thats because I'm still wokring on how hitboxes would be, if they would vary, and all kinds of other options.

What it'll be like:

Wheny ou get it you'll just be at a screen like unreal tournament is, but you won't be able to play games.
How you would play is by downloading mods that were made from _____Script (like unrealscript and it's mods;you getting it yet?). If you were going start a game vs bots or host your own online game you would selec your map, then you would selec your game type, then add a mod that would be the base of the game your about to play. After that you can add additional mods as long as they aren't going to grab for the same resuources as the base one.

Hopefully Ill get 0fus to make a Strangelove mod for it(eveyrone loves it don't they?) when it is first released(aiming for a price of nothing to $5... But theres the thing that comes up - "Who buys $5 games?"). I'll try to release it a little latter than its done but release it to mod designers so i cna get alot releaed with the game.

Why this will own arse:

You won't have to worry about the filesizes like ou would with game mods for UT because they will (hopefully) be cofiguratble, like say you could have an endless amout of polymorphs for a characters mesh, well maybe thats an exagration know, but after a few years we'll have computers so stable with so much memory that we could(so graphics, AI(or AIC:Artificial Intellegence Conchues[I can't spell to well, english language is weird.. but what i eman is thast little guy that sits on your shoulder and tells you what to do lol]);were bots react more like humans and are able to see how peoples playing styles are and react to them))
This game platform will be so capitable, and hopefully we will make the scripting for 'mods' so easy that you pay a little and get every sequal that is here now and will come for Quake, Unreal, Tribes, C&C, Diablo, Warcraft, and original game mods like StrangeLove, FEBA, Weaposn Foutress.
Once a what we will call 'base mod' is set up, people would be able to selec other mods.
Heres an example:
Say your playing Quake as your base mod, but you want to add some new weapons and even put a strangelove as the best weapon(in 'shoot 'em up' games the best weapon will have it's own classification in the scripting so you could have Strangelove working on Tribes, Quake, Unreal, and maybe even games like Diablo. Al you'd have to do is selec Quake as the base mod and then add strangelove in the additional ones.
Now, more stuff that will make this game own arse. We're going to try to work on a much different kind of shadowing so were polygons meet in maps(I'm not a mapper I don't know what to call those joints) the shadow would blind across the curve instead of going from light to dark if the 'joint' doesn't bend to much, making the graphics look alot better without sacrificing to add more 'joints' which creats painstaking time and bigger map size.
Ahh, now to the new script which will be designed to make the 'mods'... Well I'm not near sure how we're going to do this, but were going to make a script like unreal script, but make it much much easier to program(posibly make a copiler with options were you can build a mod just by selecting a few things and inputting models) And if saved in a /system folder as a like a .cm file extention(or what every we'll make it be in the finished porduct) and then add an .ini file and .txt file for help with use and details in the /help folder.

I can make amazing graphical eye candy for website(www.____.info or .com) and the 'buttons' and backround for the main screen, I will be leading the project as what will be done, as well as doing alot of the C++ programming and the web site layout design and content. I am fully able to do 80% of this program, but theres my limited spare time of about 5-7 hours a day which i can't devote fully to this project.

Now. Lets talk about design crew and who were looking for:
C++ programmers
People highly knowledgable about creating new scripts.
Graphical artists.
Creative thinkers.
Debuggers.
Beta testers(will be a long while untill we'll be doing beta testing)
about 200people to argue about a name untill we find one!(more if i can get more =P)
People to spread the word and tell everyone how great this is going to be. =o
Anyone who thinks they can contribute.

E-mail pfft_i_dont_know@yahoo.com (will become Admin@____.info/.com within a few weeks so e-mail me fast) IF your interested at all send me an e-mail with any background experence and what you can do. If you will be doing anything related to scripting include your adress because if this game gets off the ground(it could become huge if i could get advertised right) you will receive some money. :p

Also, if you want to contribute to getting this game made just send me an e-mail if you want to send maybe just $1(if everyone sent a dollar ya know we could get some more incouragement to our other designers and such) or what ever you can spare(Maybe your a millionair or bill gates is reading this? =o)

pfft_i_dont_know@yahoo.com

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
This is not very realistic.Basically what you 'd like to do would be to redo the unreal engine in better.
Except you wouldn't sell the licence to professional game makers.
But hey ,I doubt you could do better than the unreal engine all by yourself :p

unless you're Tim sweeney's older brother or something :rolleyes:

DrWinky

i didnt do evil school to be called Mr
Jun 20, 2001
UK
Visit site
<clears his throat in preparation for a rant>

Hello all,

I have a brand new idea. Im coming to you people to see if you would be intrested in my "game". You send me money, and i send you some custom made "shoes" a new technological development that allows you to walk around "outside" and experience "reality" in the "world". You play a normal character, with no special abilities and limited intelligence.

The idea of the game is to live long enough for you to die of natural causes, and there is no bonus at the end, or replays. You have one life, and there are millions of secret places to explore.

<finishes and takes a breath>

Ok, anyone know what that is about? I dont either, but ill just say this. Anyone remember the MSX? A computer made by toshiba with the original intention of unifying the computer and console markets.

Well that died on its arse. I know, cause ive still got one. And due to some basic guesswork, i discovered that something that can do more than one thing, often cant do anything else very well. For instance Cars are very good at moving quite fast, but useless at making birthday cards using card, glitter and crayons without some adult supervision and safety scissors.

If something is targeted at being to general, it often sucks at everything. The UT engine was probably thought up initially as a means of getting one game on the market, and then diversified, and made a little bit more user friendly each step along, so people could start to shape it into something thwey would like.

And the send one dollar bull**** can suck my arse, i hate begging bastards, next you will offer to respond with how to make money, and the advice will be "post a load of toss on forums and say to send money to you, cause some soft bugger is bound to think, "oh well its only a dollar, and it Might actually help"".

Back to being civil. I dont think te idea will work very well to be honest.

DrWinky

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unlimited graphic copassity(that means in 20 years this games graphics could still be unbealivible)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you will have better luck once you learn to spell "capacity" correctly.
lol, i actually thought he was using some esoteric word i didn't know yet... :D

christ, i've seen some dumbasses, but this takes the cake... :tdown:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
// guys :
the boy/girl(?) can't help it that he can't write English as well as you. Not everyone has English as their native language.

// ---
A graphics-system that lasts 10+ years ?
Do you know how difficult it is to predict a realistic system in 3-4 years ? (= the average time needed for a normal game ?)

Do you know how that most end up aiming too high (Origin was IMHO infamous for this bit) or too low (Daik#tana, good game if it had appeared at least two years earlier).

Take a good look at the playstation : top of the line graphics at the time it was invented, but I can't stand to look at it now.

Did you ever hear :"640k is enough for everyone" ? Said by a leader of a company that makes just about the most memory-hungry OS in existance (128Mb is barely enough now).

That the average systempower has risen exponentionally over the past decades. Altough the programs that are run on those systems have used just as much resources (as a percentage).
So that 40 Gigabyte HDD doesn't hold 40.000 games, but about 40 at best. Just like the 40 Megabyte HDD was just enough for 40 games when it was considered to be 'big'.

// - cost :
If it's too cheap people won't pay, if it's too expensive people won't pay either.

// - programming language :
we've got that already : it's called a compiler and it allows you to create any kind of game you can think of. And if you use open-source software, then combining the functions of two different programs is easy ;)

// --
Besides there is this infamous "Jack-of-all-trades/Master-of-none"-problem such an infinitely extendible engine will have.
You can't expect to be able to complete an engine that can do everything you can think of and more.

I've seen what happens to a company that tried something equally ambitious : it went broke and had to go through a restart.
After at least 8 years of development we've finally managed to get a smaller and severely restricted version of the old idea running ...

So wake up and smell the roses, and play the game called "real life(tm)". You've got the hardware you need, altough some of your software sounds like it is buggy. ;)

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
Originally posted by Ren Höek
Hey DrWinky, that game you specified,... with the shoes..., it sounds like fun, especially the -part

I'll post you a dollar....... eh two dollars...... make it a thousand I WANT THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p
Dr winky? when are you going to open position to betaTesters? Are you looking for financial investors?

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
the 'umlimited graphic capacity' scares me. while it might seem like a good idea, you would need a heavily optimsed engine, and it would need to be able to render in hundreds of ways. your textures would be huge, none the less. video memory would be an issue, unless you precompressed the textures before loading them to the vid card depenging on what settings you had. but still, to make a rendering engine like that, you would need to have a couple dozen tim sweenies with you.:rolleyes:

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
Originally posted by Corona-Device

What would really be unbelievable is if this moron's post and capacity for the English language was any worse. Now he wants to play around with C++ code? LOL! Finish 2nd grade first...

Also, I wish someone would tell him that technology is exponential. The games we'll see 20 years from now will be a huge advancement over now and 20 years ago. That's the way it is, we'll never have a game that will look good 3 or 4 years from now, possibly less in the future.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
this redefines "bad spam" and I'm not talking about the canned kind...

and WTF"Unlimited graphic copassity" ya right, do you see any games using the Build engine from Duke Nukem 3d anymore? let alone the Quake 1 or 2 engine? And you wanna make an engine that would last for 20 years? How Coronas did you have?

There would have to be a near limitless amount of ways to change this engine, and by all means, this in iteslf is near impossible, if you can come up with this engine, then show us and we'll not worship you.

and the thing about any mod or whatever, this "engine" would have to support an endless amount of file types as well...:rolleyes:

so wtf were you thinking? :con:

drkim

Look Ma, I'm on Inf!
Sep 1, 2000
www.stclaire.edu
I love this!!

But heres what it basically is:

Unlimited capibility. (sic.)

Unlimited graphic copassity(sic.)

Wow! That's the whole secret? It seems so simple. It's like my idea for a supercar:

Unlimited speed, needs no fuel, sells in the $0 to $5 range.

or my new home design:

Fits in a shoebox, unlimited space inside, sells in the $0 to $5 range.

Please let us know once you get past the apparently trivial: Unlimited capibility, Unlimited graphic copassity issues.

...and then there's my new power plant, runs forever, cold beer as a by-product...

Dr. Kim ;)

drkim.jpg