Repairable vehicles

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Audellah

Sep 3, 2004
As a U2xmp player, i want UTxmp as close to the original game as possible: so i'll leave apart from the mod all the things about repairing vehicles, repair stations, healing guns and so on; later these things can be added with a patch or in the next build.

The only thing i want to change about vehicles is their maneuverability, hoping it'll be like vehicles in onslaught games... and maybe more hitpoints for the jugger... :lol:

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
I agree with Dragon_X about agreeing with fireball about agreeing with me, and about not repairing vehicles. And like Wolfman said, it's not part of the current game, so why would a port have it? Let's keep as much as possible from the old "classic" version.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Personally, I don't REALLY care. I JUST WANT THE STINKIN GAME!!!!

Apathy

The original
Apr 16, 2004
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
WolfmanK said:
Repairing definatly isn't part of XMP as we know it.... that doesn't mean the game shouldn't evolve... but to start I'd like to see it as close as possble to that way it is/was, at least to start with.

If they are to be repairable it should be a tech who leaves repair packets or something along those lines in my opinion...

Of all the posts made in regards to changing XMP your post is the only one that wasn't a complete and utter waste of bandwidth Wolf.
If only a tech that can repair then it should be set up in a way that makes him vulnerable, not just laying down packs, make him have to lock into something and take a long time to repair as this will be his only hack weakness.

Oh_Duh

{NB}Tenacity
Feb 24, 2004
I like the fact that raptors return to there spawn points. It helps to prevent raptor hogging. And being able to pick up an artifact by driving over it puts the raptor driver at a huge advantage over pedestrians. Healing raptors and drive over arty capture would unbalance the game play and then why would anybody want to do anything but drive the raptor. I say leave it the same. I like the fact that the driver becomes more vulnerable when he has to get out to cap arty.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
Oh_Duh said:
I like the fact that raptors return to there spawn points. It helps to prevent raptor hogging. And being able to pick up an artifact by driving over it puts the raptor driver at a huge advantage over pedestrians. Healing raptors and drive over arty capture would unbalance the game play and then why would anybody want to do anything but drive the raptor. I say leave it the same. I like the fact that the driver becomes more vulnerable when he has to get out to cap arty.

that may be true, tenacity, but i know that it would not hurt to set it as an option for server admins, many things should be set as server options... lol... here is a list of things that are suggested that i think should be a mutator or server option...

vehicle picking up artifacts when bein driven or a passenger is in the vehicle. (mutator )
vehicle regeneration ( spawn factories being a special cage thing) (up to mapper)
more class specific abilities ( mutator )
more class specific weapons and weapon switching ( mutator)

energy lose removal ( server settings )
energy cap ( server setting, with a bare minimum setup )
name colors ( server setting, with a default of on )

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
How about, each vehicle has a small glowing "patch", similar in appearance to a hackable switch, at an awkward place (e.g. back of the raptor, on a track of the jugger etc). This patch can then be used by the tech to repair the vehicle. Possibly let all classes be able to do it, but the tech faster, just like hacking anything else. Worth a try?