1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

R.I.P. SG TDM Server

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by StevenGarcia, Nov 11, 2005.

1. shan

shan www.clanterritory.com

I think that is the difference between a hardcore Inf player and someone who just wants to play TDM with more realisitc movement and weapons. I had a lot of fun times playing EAS (ILCR matches rocked) because, with the right group of people, it was a hugely engrossing game mode and one that I think, when implemented correctly, was ahead of its time. Unfortunately, in my opinion, a community has to be able to support both the hard core player and those who just want to have fun if, for no other reason, than the hard core players like a good "relaxation" game much of the time. To be a really effective team in EAS, you need close communication when playing the game. Sometimes you don't want that. You want to spend your time on TS just chatting with your buddies.

2. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

KW, I was using sniper actors as an example symptom of the problem. Other examples include but are not limited to ladders, scopes, M16A2, MP5, old geezer maps, the Desert Storm map pack, and CTCD. On a related note, my misgivings towards the sniper actors is not do to them killing players.

3. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

Easily the most serious post you've ever made - I gotta agree with most of what you say ;)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  4. Kitty.cat

Kitty.cat It'll work, just not the right way.

It's ignorant to attack an entire group of people (ie clans) as opposed to targeting the key offenders. Please keep this in mind in your flames.

Regarding sniper class, I agree with KW's "warned when it's too late" thing. Mebbe a new thread examining the sniper class is at hand?

And how come whenever Shan double posts noone ever gives him the "edit button" herassment :p

5. Burger

Burger Lookin' down the iron-sights...

I don't play online, cause i don't have net access to my computer. (something that i wish to change before the new year). When I can play online, i'm gonna play all three gametypes and see what happens.

From what I play offline, the most fun games are EAS/DTAS, but a small part of that is from dodge bot support on TDM's part. At least with EAS, the bots have something to do.

This is all i'll say for now, until i actually get a chance to play online and really make up my mind.

Slightly off topic, but what are the most 'noob friendly' servers to play in?

6. shan

shan www.clanterritory.com

LOL Kitty. You are right...I should not have double posted. :)

7. Kitty.cat

Given the size of community and people playing, you're not going to find a 'noob friendly' server. You get one, sometimes two servers and you join 'em. People will know without you even saying anything if you're a noob or not so just kinda go with it and you'll catch on. Playing against humans is much much much much much (etc) different than bots. Humans rationalize their movements much differently (where things like hiding in a shadow and camping with a Robar, purring everytime someone walks into the crosshairs) and it requires a different level of thinking. Just practice, and see if you can't be on top mentally.

8. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

PRESS F2 OR READ THE ****ING MANUAL

9. Vega-don

Rip SG server, good games here.

10. Vega-don

the problem with EAS , is , puting random actors or complicated things aint easy. maybe in future games theire will be graphical interfaces wich help people to set up missions.

11. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

My experience with P^R is: Most of you guys are hardly ever willing to compromise.

I) Mao.Mak.Ma, Kalixt, EGM and me playing either DTAS or TDM and hanging out on TS. Seeing a few players on Odie's EAS, I persuade everyone to go there and join P^R playing. Since none of the euro servers is capable of running any BP maps and in lack of euro EAS since ILCR in general, none of us had any clue of the new maps and we keept begging to vote those we are familar with.

You basically told us we have to learn the new maps - and we eventually left after some pointless matches in a row, where nobody had a clue what to do or where to go. As if spending hours of offline maplearning is ever going to pay out for those once per six weeks occasions (at least for euro times) to play EAS at all - I hope you enjoyed your 2 vs 2 instead.

II) End of n1 public DTAS train: Thymus said he was interested in playing one more map - just not Randomy which was on - "pls vote something else"... 2 P^R's relply "Noooo!"

Since public vote didn't work we renounced adminvote and eventually left - some members got pissed and insisted to remove the map entirely - congrats for beeing so stubborn.

This goes in line with "better let INF die than share this game with those unworthy TDM'ers"-attitude and the exaggerated nitpicking exhibited by some former P^R betatersters for the IMT.

While I'm a tolerant person and had several good matches with you guys, I can understand why others get upset instead.

Your everlasting comments "all games involving clan/player x,y,z are sooo cool!!!" are at least as pointless and I feel sorry for everybody giving a rats ass

12. NTKB

NTKB Banned

edit: removed. Although I dislike some things about the PR cult, some of them are good in some ways.

13. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

Vega, no one even tries.

14. Pipe_Dream

Pipe_Dream 3-time World Champion Bowler

I wish you would have at least left the eharmony.com part up :lol:

15. {GD}Odie3

{GD}Odie3 You Give Odie a Boner

It's a shame to see SG servers go down from a Fine Administrator. However, I do understand and hope at some point they'll come back [it's been know to happen ;) ].

If you *ever* need anything, I am just a email/PM away!

As for SG TDM killing EAS, that is just silly. As NTKB has said, EAS was going down hill fast before SG came online! Personally I like TDM, EAS, DTAS! Why? Because they are all Infiltration! :eek:

Oh, I believe TDM can be "Team" based. :rolleyes:

16. Kitty.cat

OMG DON DID 3 POSTS IN A ROW! :p

There's a difference. But I guess you're too set on flaming to see it.

Hell yes.

Semper fi, Shan

17. Vega-don

thats what the Quick reply is for kitty:p

18. AlmostAlive

AlmostAlive Active Member

Don, you really need to shrink that sig of yours.

19. zeep

zeep :(

It's the Eiffel Tower complex that the french have. :D The size of the tower is to make up for the shortage of ..... ah well.. heheh

N'est-ce pas Don ;)

20. ravens_hawk

ravens_hawk New Member

Dude that's far from limited to the french. How many NA monuments are large straight pointed objects?