Quake IV shipping tommorow.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Exactly.

I don't think I gonna buy Q4, especilly when it is Q2+new engine and especially because multi-player is Q3 orintated.
But Q2 was a good game, good sci-fi stuff.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Nukeproof said:
Isn't it that Id tries to sell their engine to gamedevelopers by bringing out the 4th incarnation of the very same game - just like EPIC hardly added anything sicnificant gameplaywise since UT99?
I'd say that Onslaught, wide open environments and vehicles are pretty significant. Heck, I'd have been happy paying 49.99 just for Onslaught.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
TheShiningWizard said:
I'd say that Onslaught, wide open environments and vehicles are pretty significant. Heck, I'd have been happy paying 49.99 just for Onslaught.

Well I gotta admit that I grew bored before I even reached onslought in the "campaign" but till the it played exactly like UT2003 and UT before.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Oh I'll get the silly thing. Not any time soon. Still trying to get through Doom 3, boring as hell, then its expansion.

I have pretty will given up on BF 2 for now. Having more fun replaying Far Cry.

Still finishing my Maya Fundamental course then next month the Advance Modeling course and the the Houdini material, Then the riggin course. So probably sometime in April.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
TheShiningWizard said:
Yeah, Onslaught is actually one of the tighter game experiences to be had, especially with the "UT style". It's a spawn/action deal paced right for the game.

Hell, if UT2k7 expanded on it well enough (and, assuming I could run it) I'd pay for it.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Well the devs say UT2007 will have a huge emphasis on the vehicular combat, in comparison UT2004's vehicles were a simple demo. And I belive them when they say it.

Doom3 was the best looking, but worsed game experience I had. Men, this game made me really aggressive because of the short minded stupidy. I played through the half of the game with a god+full ammo/weapon cheat seeng the stupid monsters burning in a huge blast of fullauto rockets and BFG projectiles. And all this just to reach the end, but the demon at the end was purly awesome, photorealism the heardcore way, reminds me on alien versus predator 1 in its time.

By the way, someone allready play Q4? :p

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Feel the burning stare of my HAMSTER and change your ways!

And yeah, I'm well known for my bad ideas.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Psychomorph said:
Does it mean Q4 is allready out? (for sure not in europe)
Depends on what you mean by out. Imported versions, yes, since the 18th IIRC. Germany will get an awesome localized version that is still completely in English and comes with a German manual. It's also cut to get a 16+ age limit. There's even rumors that the German version won't be network compatible with international versions. I don't want the German version (just my damn collectors edition) so for all I care, yes, it's out. Heck, apparently even MakroMarkt and Saturn sell the UK version since a few days.

*edit*
Corrected date and want to add that I just went to the official website. God fragging lord I hate flash pages.

Last edited: