Quake IV shipping tommorow.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Somewhere - somebody is downloading this game so that they may laugh even harder than they did while playing 'Doom 3'...

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
After recently playing through Quake 2 with my little brother and Geno, I'll just say that Q4 had better have co-op. On a side note, F.E.A.R. is rather cool.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Hmm, website appears to be

Quake IV

On it, it says shipping 10/18/2005.

Dam, Quake III looked better.

Last edited:

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Kind of a lame plot. The biggest gimmick gameplay wise I can see is you get to drive a mech. Although probably only for a short period of time before some scripted event causes the leg to malfunction. IT looks exactly like Doom.

Edit: Just read their plot summary. They tottally just gave away the entire story. How lame is that. IT's pretty crappola. Basically quake 2 except you get partially turned into a strogg so you can "finish the strogg once and for all".

Last edited:

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
After playing Pirates! I doubt I'll be trusting Meier again any time soon.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I was just about to order 9 games when I noticed that I couldn't get the collectors edition of Quake 4 at the moment and so I didn't complete the order. I guess I somewhat care which means the search for the one possible person is over. Did I win something?

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Well, so far it looks like hot bright spots mixed in with pitch black ones so I would say it has more in common with doom3. Like Quake III with lighting gone haywire. I wonder if this will be the end of Id.