1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProU bites it?

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by pine, Jun 19, 2009.

1. [SAS]GHETTO BOY

[SAS]GHETTO BOY New Member

all I ever did was own :mad:

All I have to say is, Prou was the coolest site for competitive UT.. But will I stop playing UT? No. UT is too damn fun.. It take's a skilled warrior to really master it's levels of true dominating fluxation.

Not even Fatal1ty could own in this game, too tough now.

2. Lostsoul

Lostsoul boobs

This has happened on BUF, only the new poster also got banned.

3. Lostsoul

Lostsoul boobs

Yes, partially, douche bags like DC, cafe ra, dp and Griz kept me away from TDM for a long time, but if someone really wanted to play it, they will still find the good guys like JD, Elian, Moyer and many others.

Honestly though, I loved the flaming and the hate, i think it needed to be more controlled by senior community members in the UT sections on ProU, but I loved the hate in the OT sections. A competitive community needs the love/hate relationship to stay active.

4. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

With who?

5. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

Well, starting your forum life with potentially troll-like questions never is a good idea. What exactly did you ask? Maybe you didn't pay attention to the specifics of the forum's general use of language.

6. Lostsoul

Lostsoul boobs

It was over four years ago, doesn't matter any more. It was just an example that ever community can have people that make it look bad.

7. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Cases like that should be discussed with people on the other end of feedback@beyondunreal.com if the action is overboard. I'm sure a small amount of incorrect moderation takes place on BU, but we police it if we know about it.

8. Lostsoul

Lostsoul boobs

It was taken care of just under four years ago. no worries, I stopped having issues with it shortly after, otherwise I would not be here.

9. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

Something about trickjumps done in a fan movie years ago. I figured the "pros" would be able to answer since "pros" should know that sort of thing. However, the "pros" who did answer apparently decided that I was taking the piss.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  10. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

You keep throwing the word "pro" around. No "pro" wastes their time posting on forums.

11. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

Yeah. That's why I use "pro" and not pro without quotation marks :p .

[​IMG]

"PRO"

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  12. Twitch_SOB

Twitch_SOB New Member

Word man. I started that thing on 2003. It had over 20k responses I think.

13. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

I think we usually spell it as pr0 in that case. :p

14. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

That looks disturbingly similar to Pr0n.

15. Etho

Etho New Member

Was using google to find out what happend to prou and came across this site and thread. Been too long since I've been to this site, I think I can almost remember the way it looked in 2000. As many have mentioned prou is not the best place to find new gaming friends. I had to post here because I have not touched UT in about 5 or 6 years now, and I remember ghetto boy from back then so it was just too funny reading his posts on here because he hasn't changed. Recognized a couple names on here, but I was never really into the forums mainly just kept it in mIRC.

Too funny though.

16. synister

synister New Member

Oh yeah ... I remember you.

I thought you were a troll, or at least someone very unfamiliar with the culture of that board. I see you learned quickly. :lol:

And I'm with Loteck. The only thing that really matters is knowing who the last person to post in "The best forum game ever" thread was ...

17. synister

synister New Member

18. Benfica

Benfica European Redneck

I like to read it once in a while, but your forum sometimes makes a fantastic effort to kill the game and the scene it claims it wants to defend.

19. Hv_

Hv_ New Member

You never were known in any gametype btw, and people like ra and dp made TDM amazing. If you didn't even know them or anything about TDM why say they ruined it? They improved it and brought people into it. Me for one.

20. Lostsoul

Lostsoul boobs

Actually, I was known, and more than in just the game type I played competitively, I was rarely liked by TDM or CTF though, and had a few threads where I was insulted, on both ProU and unrealness.

Ra and dp where great to watch, but in my few interactions with them, they easily subscribed to the "TDM is superior to everything" religion. Thus making them douche bags because they ridiculed anyone and everyone that did not go with that theory. Interacting with there own ilk, they where fine, I saw that on prou and when i evaded my ban on #2k4tdm.

They did not leave the TWL 2v2 ladder because they where wronged, they left because they where to arrogant.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009