ProU bites it?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[SAS]GHETTO BOY

Jul 14, 2009
the only thing that matters about the death of prou is if anyone knows who was the last person to post in the longest-thread-ever thread in the Kore forum. everyone needs to focus on figuring this out.

also i couldn't care less about all this but if you dont ban ghettoboy on sight, you obviously learned nothing from prou.

all I ever did was own :mad:

All I have to say is, Prou was the coolest site for competitive UT.. But will I stop playing UT? No. UT is too damn fun.. It take's a skilled warrior to really master it's levels of true dominating fluxation.

Not even Fatal1ty could own in this game, too tough now.

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
To take an example of what was wrong at ProUnreal, I once registered to post some questions and was accused straight away of being a troll or something those lines. Nothing in the post was provocative, nothing had been said against the site and yet this guy and others make an assumption they shouldn't have..

This has happened on BUF, only the new poster also got banned.

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
Flip the picture around and maybe, just maybe, competitive gaming on UT has gone downhill because of the piss-poor attitude of the more experienced players. Since you have interest in competitive play, you'll probably agree that this is partially true.

Yes, partially, douche bags like DC, cafe ra, dp and Griz kept me away from TDM for a long time, but if someone really wanted to play it, they will still find the good guys like JD, Elian, Moyer and many others.

Honestly though, I loved the flaming and the hate, i think it needed to be more controlled by senior community members in the UT sections on ProU, but I loved the hate in the OT sections. A competitive community needs the love/hate relationship to stay active.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Well, starting your forum life with potentially troll-like questions never is a good idea. What exactly did you ask? Maybe you didn't pay attention to the specifics of the forum's general use of language.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It was over four years ago, doesn't matter any more. It was just an example that ever community can have people that make it look bad.
Cases like that should be discussed with people on the other end of feedback@beyondunreal.com if the action is overboard. I'm sure a small amount of incorrect moderation takes place on BU, but we police it if we know about it.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Well, starting your forum life with potentially troll-like questions never is a good idea. What exactly did you ask? Maybe you didn't pay attention to the specifics of the forum's general use of language.

Something about trickjumps done in a fan movie years ago. I figured the "pros" would be able to answer since "pros" should know that sort of thing. However, the "pros" who did answer apparently decided that I was taking the piss.

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Yeah. That's why I use "pro" and not pro without quotation marks :p .

dr.evil.laser2.jpg

"PRO"

Last edited:

Twitch_SOB

Oct 16, 2000
the only thing that matters about the death of prou is if anyone knows who was the last person to post in the longest-thread-ever thread in the Kore forum. everyone needs to focus on figuring this out.

also i couldn't care less about all this but if you dont ban ghettoboy on sight, you obviously learned nothing from prou.

Word man. I started that thing on 2003. It had over 20k responses I think.

Etho

Jul 19, 2009
Was using google to find out what happend to prou and came across this site and thread. Been too long since I've been to this site, I think I can almost remember the way it looked in 2000. As many have mentioned prou is not the best place to find new gaming friends. I had to post here because I have not touched UT in about 5 or 6 years now, and I remember ghetto boy from back then so it was just too funny reading his posts on here because he hasn't changed. Recognized a couple names on here, but I was never really into the forums mainly just kept it in mIRC.

Too funny though.

synister

Jun 25, 2009
a51stl.com
Something about trickjumps done in a fan movie years ago. I figured the "pros" would be able to answer since "pros" should know that sort of thing. However, the "pros" who did answer apparently decided that I was taking the piss.

Oh yeah ... I remember you.

I thought you were a troll, or at least someone very unfamiliar with the culture of that board. I see you learned quickly. :lol:

And I'm with Loteck. The only thing that really matters is knowing who the last person to post in "The best forum game ever" thread was ...

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Tooly said:
For those who hated it..........don't bother coming around :D
I like to read it once in a while, but your forum sometimes makes a fantastic effort to kill the game and the scene it claims it wants to defend.

Hv_

Aug 1, 2009
Yes, partially, douche bags like DC, cafe ra, dp and Griz kept me away from TDM for a long time, but if someone really wanted to play it, they will still find the good guys like JD, Elian, Moyer and many others.

Honestly though, I loved the flaming and the hate, i think it needed to be more controlled by senior community members in the UT sections on ProU, but I loved the hate in the OT sections. A competitive community needs the love/hate relationship to stay active.

You never were known in any gametype btw, and people like ra and dp made TDM amazing. If you didn't even know them or anything about TDM why say they ruined it? They improved it and brought people into it. Me for one.

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
You never were known in any gametype btw, and people like ra and dp made TDM amazing. If you didn't even know them or anything about TDM why say they ruined it? They improved it and brought people into it. Me for one.

Actually, I was known, and more than in just the game type I played competitively, I was rarely liked by TDM or CTF though, and had a few threads where I was insulted, on both ProU and unrealness.

Ra and dp where great to watch, but in my few interactions with them, they easily subscribed to the "TDM is superior to everything" religion. Thus making them douche bags because they ridiculed anyone and everyone that did not go with that theory. Interacting with there own ilk, they where fine, I saw that on prou and when i evaded my ban on #2k4tdm.

They did not leave the TWL 2v2 ladder because they where wronged, they left because they where to arrogant.

Last edited: