Petition for addition of more UT Classic maps at FragBU

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I've found some good remakes of some of the most popular UT Classic maps, and I'd like to petition the addition of some of these to FragBU. I'm sure this will satisfy those of us who are still UT fans at heart, because I know they satisfied me! (I know this list is very long, maybe we could pick only a few of these, like the most desired, and maybe add those?)

• CTF-2Pyramids][2k4
  • CTF-Dreary2k4
  • CTF-EpicBoy2k4
  • CTF-Hydro_Bases
  • CTF-OrbitalStation2k4
  • DM-1on1-Oblivion2k4
  • DM-Agony(DSRemix)
  • DM-Codex][-2NT-
  • DM-Conveyor2k4
  • DM-Fractal2004
  • DM-Liandri_v02
  • DM-Morbias2004
  • DM-StalwartXLClassic
  • DM-Turbine2004-TE

All can be downloaded at http://www.ut99remakes.com

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Ahem...this thread is about adding maps to fragBU, not about insulting people who host sites. So dub: if you have problems with him, you should say it to him instead of posting about it here :rolleyes:

So...on-topic: I haven't tested all those remakes, but everyone knows (or should know) what kind of maps are going to be voted for more than once in fragBU. thus so far, I'll go with following choices:
-DM-1on1-Oblivion2k4, DM-Fractal2004 and DM-Morbias2004 are too small to house 16 players (or even half of that), so plz don't add these
-DM-Liandri should play fine

Will try other maps later (with 16 players). Keep in mind that it should be UT2004 maps, and not 'converted' UT99 maps. Most suffer from a 'too small or too big' complex in some way.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Taleweaver said:
Ahem...this thread is about adding maps to fragBU, not about insulting people who host sites. So dub: if you have problems with him, you should say it to him instead of posting about it here :rolleyes:

Like what? Write him an e-mail? "hello, sir, I saw your site mentioned again, and I thought I would write you and e-mail saying your a tard. :lol:"
He's got an account here... he can read these comments.
I won't go to the bother of starting a thread over something this banal.
Just saying what I think, is all.

Anyways, back on topic. I always loved Liandri on UT - so I would like to see that.
Agony and Turbine might be good ones.
Also, CTF-EpicBoy2k4 kinda played well too.

Unregistered User
Nov 2, 2004
I am currently working on a number of UT Classic maps, they are not being remade; they are being ported over from UED2, with all the original textures, sounds, music, movers, and meshes. (yes and scaled) I may have already said to much, but keep your eyes out for them.

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
no No NO. I wanted to play those old maps I'd play UT99. Sorry Hyrulian.

if any map Codex and NOT the 2NT version, I personally don't care to see a CLAN tag in the map, or in the name.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I haven't come across many remakes that weren't crapass, so don't include me on this "petition." I've played some okay ones, but does that warrant them being put on the server? No. We have enough unplayed maps that were actually designed for UT2004, rather than remake "scale and pray," on the Mo'ship as it is. :B

Teddie's Deck17 is probably about as good as a remake will ever get, and all anyone does is complain about it. :rolleyes:

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
I haven't played much on FragBU, but I would agree with Brizz and Ashes. Not many remakes have been worth adding on to play in favor of a lot of great maps that are out there.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Lol, I really did ask for too much, huh? :p
I'll narrow my original list to only the ones I _really_ want:

• CTF-Hydro_Bases
  • CTF-OrbitalStation2k4
  • DM-Agony(DSRemix)
  • DM-Conveyor2k4
  • DM-Liandri_v02
  • DM-StalwartXLClassic
  • DM-Turbine2004-TE

If we can come to a concensus of at least a few maps (maybe 2 or 3) that many of us like, it does look like Raffi will put them on. Looks like at least a few people like CTF-Hydro_Bases already. :)

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
We don't play many DM maps, so I think those two CTF maps are the two I'd like to see on the server. That isn't from an "admin" viewpoint or anything, just my personal opinion.

Of course, in the end whatever you guys decide is what will be added.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Oh yeah, I could go for Orby too.

For everyone thinking... if I wanted to go play a UT map... I'll play UT... I say.... BUT THEY'RE FUN! :)

We don't have to go crazy with UT remakes or anything, but those two (Hydro and Orbital) would be great to fire up on occasion.