People that think they own servers!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheSniper

Im Everywhere!
Mar 18, 2001
Re: Sniper take it easy...

Originally posted by Camel_Toe(l)
I don't condone the people who were purposefully tking, but to blatantly run around with a M16 m203 loadout blowing up all the people playing w/ pistols IS as immature as the people who were tking you. I've played on pistols only servers, and I, yes like a sheep, followed their rules. When I joined the server I intended to use my m16/benelli loadout, but Inf is just a game so I conformed to what nearly everyone else on the server wanted to do.

Guess what, it wasn't that bad. There's nothing wrong with a little variety in Inf, even if it means you don't always get your way.

BTW, I also think you're a spoiled brat 'cause you've been whining about this for 2 days. GO PLAY THE GAME!

Ok 1st of all I only use M16 with no extra attachments maybe I got the scope on sometimes.

2nd I wasnt alone on the server with using other weapons than pistols!

3rd I have no problem killing people with my M9, thats the only other gun I have with my Robar in my sniper loadout.

And finally, calling people names when they dont know what really happend is just stupid.

Times like this makes me really pissed that I didnt record it so you could see what the hell was going on.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
SoSilencer, you didn't read the post I wrote about 40min before you wrote yours, did you? If so, go ahead and read it again.

It shurely would be a bad analogy... if it were an analogy at all. It's not about a game and its rules, it's about a statement someone made. It's an example and NOT related to what happened in the game.

Christ, this is the 5th time that I post something in this thread and the 3rd time that I defend myself. Do you guys use an old, blurry Monitor so that you are unable to read what I write? Or is it me, doing a bad job at writing what I mean?¿?¿?

Booooong
The next round starts right now I guess :(

Last edited:

CoffeyCan

Real Maps Coordinator
I didnt offer my .02 as Id never had this experience. Until last night. I joined Feed My Frankenstien, and was promptly told it was pistols only match. Several people clearly did not want to play like this (including me) and were shut down. I didnt bother to argue as I knew Id be kicked, or generally shat on.

Scanning the thread, one thing I thought about last night, and something I didnt see, what how this HURTS INF. Imagine a newbie joining a server for the first time, trying to play, being TKed or called names, not understanding why its pistols only, and being totally turned off by the ****heel attitude of players. I wouldnt want to play either. The compounding factor is that there are so few servers to choose from. I cant just hop from one fast one to another, I almost had to not play last night, and let me tell you, I was not happy about it. If there were a plethora of server it would be fine, but there are not (and this has been brought up before).

Now, I know that my words will have little effect on this phenomenon, but if you want to run or get people to run a pistols only game, understand that it is YOU who are hurting INF. If INF was meant to be played with pistols only it would be a pistols only game, or have a mutator, plain and simple.
CC

vincenzo_og

teh INFlirtationist
Apr 2, 2001
UK>Scotland>Hell
Ok the other day there i was on a server most likely GI but maybe not and it was Extreme Predjudice.. the game was lasting for ages but everyone was having fun.

I think it was DamoDred/DredDamo who was there so as a joke i suggested to him "pistols only" as we have both posted on this thread but everyone on the server took it seriously and we had about 3 rounds of things like pistols only and a huge knife-fight.

This, with everyone complying was loads of fun. There were even ppl who were not doing the pistols only that night who were doing it and enjoying it then.

So.... how the hell can this be hurting INF. If a newbie joins and plays a long and dull game of EP or Kosovo and then witnesses such a display of friendship and camardery surely he will be drawn to the game.
The way I see it is that the only thing hurting INF is the attitude we saw that one night and the whining lamers here.

Now can we not just let this alone?
Nothing is being gained from it, we are all just makng fools of ourselves.

TheSniper

Im Everywhere!
Mar 18, 2001
I must be stupid or something, but why do you think its so fun to play pistols only?

Only reason I can think of, is that your so bored with the gameplay in INF that you want to change it somehow.

UTProphet

Trial By Fire
Dec 8, 2000
tbf.clanspot.com
As for the football analogy, you have just proved us right. That football game is equivelant to a PRIVATE SERVER. But in reality, you can't compare the two. Football, if you don't declare rules, it is chaos. INF, if you don't declare rules, it means you can do what you want, which brings me to another point.

BrownCow, you said in your post that you can do whatever the hell you want and whatnot, that means TheSniper can do whatever the hell he wants too (Lord_Bunker, don't take that the way you said it, I'm proving a point). If he wants to play with his M16 in that server he can do it, because there are no rules. I'm kind of confused now because you're sending mixed messages. One, you say he has to follow everyone elses rules, and two you say you can do whatever the hell you want. What do you really mean?

So no more analogies please, different games were meant to be played different ways. Rules are understood in certain games, and others rules MUST be written out.

When we say "the way it is meant to be played," we mean if a place has no rules written, you can play with ANY weapon. But this does not mean you can TK whenever you want. I think we can all agree that everyone hates that, except maybe the TK'er.

I have access to a lot of servers with low ping, but other people aren't as lucky as me, especially since I live in the US east coast. You can't expect them to find another server because that would mean (I know I said no more analogies, but...) you go into an NFL game, say you can now kick the ball, everyone agrees except about 10 people, who want to play the game how they always have. Should they be fired because they are the minority? No, I think you should be arrested and the game should continue :D

Then again, there comes that separation of game styles again. Even if EVERYONE in the NFL game agreed, it would still be wrong. Bah, I'm going in circles. Just read the beginning :)

I don't think anyone is going to prove anyone wrong here... although I'd love to. Should be closed...

vincenzo_og

teh INFlirtationist
Apr 2, 2001
UK>Scotland>Hell
You said it sniper not me.
I've deliberatly tried not to flame anyone in this whole thread but geez... if u keep coming up with deep and inciteful arguements like maybe i'll have to.

Wot can i say... we played it... it was fun... no more, no less.
Now can someone other than sniper tell me if there is something hard to grasp in that?

TheSniper

Im Everywhere!
Mar 18, 2001
Originally posted by vincenzo_og
You said it sniper not me.
I've deliberatly tried not to flame anyone in this whole thread but geez... if u keep coming up with deep and inciteful arguements like maybe i'll have to.

Wot can i say... we played it... it was fun... no more, no less.
Now can someone other than sniper tell me if there is something hard to grasp in that?

Now im really confussed...

MetalMickey

Banned
Jul 30, 2000
Dublin
BS

Pistol only my arse.

Keep that bull**** for CS, you morons.

1. There arent enough good servers for this sort of ****. If I cant play on a server cos a bunch of lamers wanna play with knives or pistols, it means there is one less for me to choose from.

2. Not everybody is a schoolkid who plays 60 hours a week, some of us get a few hours a month at most. We want to play inf the way it is supposed to be played ONLY. Thats why we downloaded it.

3. If you want to do this, start your own ****ing server.

4. Any serious INF fan has to see that this **** is totally the opposite of what INF is about - realism.

Dont bother relpying to this. I dont wanna hear it.

BrownCow

I Heart Gnat.
Jun 18, 2000
I, for one, can't believe this thread is still going. It is kind of amusing.

I was playing last nite a pistols only game as a matter of fact, and some knive only stuff, which i totally hate, but since i'm not a whining ***** i did it anyways.

And i belive last nite CoffyCan was on there! And i remember this because he asked if we could "stop with the pistols please". And we didn't and i think he left but i dunno, we were all busy having fun.

I think i saw someone say something to me in an earlier post, but i am not sure. Oh, the "doing whatever you want" thing. Well duh, yes you can do whatever you want. You can do whatever you want in real life as well. And the reason you don't use a m16 in a pistols only game is because you will be tk'd. And the reason you don't rob a bank irl is because you will probably get cought, and face the CONSEQUENCES! key word there is consequences.

I was playing in a game of pistols only, someone came in with an m16 and wouldn't abide by our demands, the consequence for him is that he gets tk'd every round till he uses a pistol or leaves. And the consequence of me killing him, is having his dumbass come up here and cry to the rest of you people and then we have a big ole thread of people arguing over something they had no part in.

I win!

Oh and i just read micky's post so I'll do what the fur said and slap him down.

Micky, you are an idiot because you really believe there is a "way the game i supposed to be played". Your right, there is, though you are just confused. This game is suppossed to be played with the UT engine, so don't try it with something else, it prob won't work too well. And you are supposed to play it online, so don't play it offline, it will suck. And you are supposed to use real life weapons in the game, so don't bring your rubber duck or pez collection. And you are supposed to kill or be killed. So don't expect to be playing tag or hopscotch.

And i think that sums up the stupidity of this thread.

And i have a question, in the army, when you disobay your commander (power figure) you are punished? Maybe put somewhere that you have to kinda "sit out" for a bit. Well, if you aren't stupid, you will realize that tk'ing someone on your team gets the same effect. So if the majority (power figure) is playing a game and you come and don't abide by the rules, you will have to sit out, just like in real life.

And here is my analogy. There is a war going on and it is a ground war, just troops and tanks, ect.. Someone decides they want to take a bomber into the battle.. Guess what, that person will be stoped from doing so. They aren't just gunna let him take a bomber into a ground war.. He will be stoped one way or another.

Did ya catch all that?

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2001
San Diego, CA
Servers Rules

You do not make the rules for a public server. Some servers have rules like "No Ghosting" in the MOTD line and your expected to abide by those rules. If the server said "Pistols Only" I would abide by that rule. You cant go into a public server and say pistols only. You can suggest pistols only and people can play pistols only until someone comes in that doesnt want to. The server admin is the ONLY person that can set rules on the server. When I get on to play INF I want to play it the way the designers of the game meant it to be played, so when I get on a server I will play INF that way. There are only a few servers for INF with people on it and due to that lack of servers the people that say pistols only should be considerate of the people that dont want to play that way and only have a few hours to play INF. If you guys that say pistols only really want to play that way you should make your own server. Dont ruin the game for the people who play INF in the way that the designers of this game designed it to be played.

Patgod

More sexy then Yurch
i just got onto a server with a great ping(for me) had my akmsu shot at one guy and was promptly told it was knives only. first i checked to make sure it wasnt just 1 guy yelling for a knife only match, when i saw everyone else with knives i took mine out. personally i think a knife only game sucks, but i did as was asked.

i sugested a pistol only game, since they seemed to want something diff, and i didnt want to use a kabar. they said maybe next round. next round was knives again so i left.

its not that big a deal, i went onto another server, the ping wasnt as good, but i had more fun.

it would have been royally uncool for me to keep my akmsu and blast everyone away(there were several chances for me to do this, 3 lined up in a row....ohh that would have looked cool) but i decided that gee, maybe i shouldnt piss off everyone on this good server, and do as im asked.

i can empathise with sniper, but i still think he was an ass for keeping the m16. i dont like the TK'ers either, but i most likely would have done it too.

Patgod

More sexy then Yurch
since server admin comes up a lot i guess ill post what "my rules" would be:

1. Dont piss off the admin-he has your IP and a short temper

2. Dont piss of your fellow players, FF is on, they will kill you

3. Calling your fellow players, or the admin a "fag" will piss off the admin-remember he has your IP

4. Enjoy your stay.

TheSniper

Im Everywhere!
Mar 18, 2001
Originally posted by BrownCow
I, for one, can't believe this thread is still going. It is kind of amusing.

I was playing last nite a pistols only game as a matter of fact, and some knive only stuff, which i totally hate, but since i'm not a whining ***** i did it anyways.

And i belive last nite CoffyCan was on there! And i remember this because he asked if we could "stop with the pistols please". And we didn't and i think he left but i dunno, we were all busy having fun.

I think i saw someone say something to me in an earlier post, but i am not sure. Oh, the "doing whatever you want" thing. Well duh, yes you can do whatever you want. You can do whatever you want in real life as well. And the reason you don't use a m16 in a pistols only game is because you will be tk'd. And the reason you don't rob a bank irl is because you will probably get cought, and face the CONSEQUENCES! key word there is consequences.

I was playing in a game of pistols only, someone came in with an m16 and wouldn't abide by our demands, the consequence for him is that he gets tk'd every round till he uses a pistol or leaves. And the consequence of me killing him, is having his dumbass come up here and cry to the rest of you people and then we have a big ole thread of people arguing over something they had no part in.

I win!

Oh and i just read micky's post so I'll do what the fur said and slap him down.

Micky, you are an idiot because you really believe there is a "way the game i supposed to be played". Your right, there is, though you are just confused. This game is suppossed to be played with the UT engine, so don't try it with something else, it prob won't work too well. And you are supposed to play it online, so don't play it offline, it will suck. And you are supposed to use real life weapons in the game, so don't bring your rubber duck or pez collection. And you are supposed to kill or be killed. So don't expect to be playing tag or hopscotch.

And i think that sums up the stupidity of this thread.

And i have a question, in the army, when you disobay your commander (power figure) you are punished? Maybe put somewhere that you have to kinda "sit out" for a bit. Well, if you aren't stupid, you will realize that tk'ing someone on your team gets the same effect. So if the majority (power figure) is playing a game and you come and don't abide by the rules, you will have to sit out, just like in real life.

And here is my analogy. There is a war going on and it is a ground war, just troops and tanks, ect.. Someone decides they want to take a bomber into the battle.. Guess what, that person will be stoped from doing so. They aren't just gunna let him take a bomber into a ground war.. He will be stoped one way or another.

Did ya catch all that?

Yeah I did, but I wish I hadnt. You just came up with the dumbest reply to this thread. congrats!

And the only reason you, if it now was you that killed me. Was becasue I had to look out just as much for my teammates as the enemy.

Originally posted by Patgod

i can empathise with sniper, but i still think he was an ass for keeping the m16. i dont like the TK'ers either, but i most likely would have done it too.

Dont want to be rude here, but I dont know how many times ive said in this thread that I wasnt the only one with other weapons than pistols.

A lot of people have trouble with the knife fights at the end of kosovo. Knife fights are fun, they're fun to participate in, and more interesting to watch than two snipers who will never see each other. Just say 'knife', and I'll drop tools and come runnin, then dice you into pieces with my death-swish attack. (whoosh)

Back to the subject. If everyone who wanted to play pistols only left (if asked to), surely the disagreeer (sp?) would be left on his own on an empty server? Or am I being too simplistic?

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Knife fights are fun, they're fun to participate in
That's your opinion maybe, i think knife fights are BS and i'll happily accept any knife fights... only to grab my rifle blow the poor fool away from a couple 100m as soon as he sets foot in the designated area.